Dreadflopps Modular patches

dread, enhanced light and fx mod ins't installed. May want to point that out since it's an optional for many mods under SR:LE.

I use a different lightning mod that is more compatible, relighting skyrim (See other mods). I'll make a note about the mods that has an elfx optional. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Added a note to not install the ELFX optional to Vivid landscapes and Vivid LAndscapes - Castle Volkihar

Edit 2: Removed Realistic ragdoll & no spinning death animation. THey are included in the STEP patch.

Edited by dreadflopp

Edit: Added a note to not install the ELFX optional to Vivid landscapes and Vivid LAndscapes - Castle Volkihar

the patches for ELFX are generally meshes, unless there is an esp.

The meshes do hurt but will help with reducing light flickering effects

In other words its fine even if you dont use ELFX.. just if a patch has an ELFX esp that you dont use then just delete it

This is just for my recommenced install where I choose to use relightning skyrim instead of elfx since people in the regs thread (cj and others) claims that it's more compatible. Didn't know you could use elfx meshes without elfx. Hishutup what are the good and bad consequences of using them?

Sorry, I missed that it was under your suggestions where you don't use elfx.  I do use elfx, along with relighting skyrim, via srle, and ele, but I don't use the enhancer.  That's where I was getting confused.  I thought you guys were saying not to use them because srle doesn't use the enhancer either and that maybe the meshes were made for enhancer compatability, not just elfx.  I think I've just confused everyone who follows this thread.  My bad.

well... The esp can be incompatible/inconsistent with other mods

Talking about meshes:

the bad is that they can be overwritten or overwrite.

the good is there should be no more flickering...

Heres a quote from the ELFX page

Modders must ask for permission to use my meshes in their mods, only users are allowed to use it to avoid flickering.

Just so you know... light flickering isnt really the lights flickering.

its a given material toggling if it can receive light on a mesh... 

Its a long story... If I find the post I made I'll link it.

Edited by hishutup

Added my recommended install to the guide. Added more records that should be removed from the STEP patch if you are not using enhanced blood textures, namely:

000F0EAF

000F0EB1

000F0EB2

000189FD

000193CA

000E4CB0

000E64AA

Do you use SR conflict resolution from SRLE in your setup?

Your current recommendation is extremely similar to my current setup which is based from SRLE. Working very well. I am still using EBT and Wet&cold, but dropped Footprints.

Do you use SR conflict resolution from SRLE in your setup?

Your current recommendation is extremely similar to my current setup which is based from SRLE. Working very well. I am still using EBT and Wet&cold, but dropped Footprints.

I don't use the SR:LE patch. I provide some patches toward the end that patches the SR:LE mods that I use. EBT and wet and cold are great mods and can of course be added without any problems. My computer isn't powerful enough for that though.

@hishutup I saw your post in another thread about flickering. You mean it would be a good idea to install the meshes from elfx and place it early in the install order to let other mods overwrite them?

Edited by dreadflopp

@hishutup I saw your post in another thread about flickering. You mean it would be a good idea to install the meshes from elfx and place it early in the install order to let other mods overwrite them?

I would but that is me...

there is literally no harm done and performance maybe negligible hit but I have not done any benchmarks...

[spoiler=I misread what you said...]

if it was a perfect world, yes and it should be standard to use them but since people use parallax and when mod authors are modding meshes they use the vanilla ones for their base it kinda defeats the purpose

That being said if you are experiencing flickering then try them out otherwise its unnecessary... 

I was thinking about making a proper patch for ETaC because MJB finds them to be not needed