Dreadflopps Modular patches

Do you require a lot of patches among magic mods? 

No, Enchanting Awakened brings 1 patch for Enai's "Apocalypse" and 1 for Frostfall, Thunderchild has 1 patch for Wyrmstooth. That's all.

After a 2nd read I noticed that these are not even patches among magic mods.. but rather for other ones.

Edited by blattgeist
  • +1 1

I don't use any of the ACE modules, simply because they need compatiblity patches to support other weapons and armor mods. Although the archery one looks really nice...

The thing I really like about ACE is that it actually doesn't require very many patches at all, if any.  There is a folder available from ACE, which was updated very recently, that offers quite a few patches but: (1) most of those are actually esp replacements, not patches and (2) 99% of them are for obscure bow mods.  There is one for IA 6, not needed for 7, and IW but most of those changes are for the smithing perk compatibility and those are very few changes to that and I use SPO anyway so it doesn't affect me.  They also change the bows to either short or long, both of which behave very differently, and change the arrows as well (yes, ace archery seems very cool to me so far) but if you don't use the esp replacement then ACE will simply make the bows from the mod all longbows (so it was very easy to still use the Morrowloot IW replacement esp instead and just accept that the few bows from the mod are longbows now).  Nicoroshi Creations is actually the only esp replacement I'm using for ace compatibility.  There is also a stealth skills rebalanced patch that is needed if you use that mod but, thanks to redirishlord on the regs forum, I've learned that you can merge this in with the rest of the ace modules so, all in all, ace has added only one esp to my load order.  Compared to skyre, which was pushing 15 esps (with all the skyre modules merged but the main!) and I don't need patches for the patcher anymore so I'm really loving it.  

ACE archery is great, I agree, but the casting forms, synergy, footing, armor perks, and realistic fighting all sound, and seem to play, really well and add a lot to the game.

The other mods I'm using besides the ones that blattgeist mentioned are Alchemy and Food balance overhaul and Treebalance - Speech Tree, which has some great changes to the speech perks but also has a method of yielding to npcs which comes in really handy if you accidently hit an imperial or other "friendly" in combat (or when the entire damn town of Riverwood suddenly decided you're no longer welcome there!).

• +1 1

The thing I really like about ACE is that it actually doesn't require very many patches at all, if any.  There is a folder available from ACE, which was updated very recently, that offers quite a few patches but: (1) most of those are actually esp replacements, not patches and (2) 99% of them are for obscure bow mods.  There is one for IA 6, not needed for 7, and IW but most of those changes are for the smithing perk compatibility and those are very few changes to that and I use SPO anyway so it doesn't affect me.  They also change the bows to either short or long, both of which behave very differently, and change the arrows as well (yes, ace archery seems very cool to me so far) but if you don't use the esp replacement then ACE will simply make the bows from the mod all longbows (so it was very easy to still use the Morrowloot IW replacement esp instead and just accept that the few bows from the mod are longbows now).  Nicoroshi Creations is actually the only esp replacement I'm using for ace compatibility.  There is also a stealth skills rebalanced patch that is needed if you use that mod but, thanks to redirishlord on the regs forum, I've learned that you can merge this in with the rest of the ace modules so, all in all, ace has added only one esp to my load order.  Compared to skyre, which was pushing 15 esps (with all the skyre modules merged but the main!) and I don't need patches for the patcher anymore so I'm really loving it.  

ACE archery is great, I agree, but the casting forms, synergy, footing, armor perks, and realistic fighting all sound, and seem to play, really well and add a lot to the game.

The other mods I'm using besides the ones that blattgeist mentioned are Alchemy and Food balance overhaul and Treebalance - Speech Tree, which has some great changes to the speech perks but also has a method of yielding to npcs which comes in really handy if you accidently hit an imperial or other "friendly" in combat (or when the entire damn town of Riverwood suddenly decided you're no longer welcome there!).

Regarding Alchemy and Food Balance overhaul, is this the one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35124/? ?

There is also a stealth skills rebalanced patch that is needed if you use that mod but, thanks to redirishlord on the regs forum, I've learned that you can merge this in with the rest of the ace modules so, all in all, ace has added only one esp to my load order.  Compared to skyre, which was pushing 15 esps (with all the skyre modules merged but the main!) and I don't need patches for the patcher anymore so I'm really loving it.  

I guess .. I'll take a 2nd look at the ACE modules and compare them to my other mods. The SSR patch will probably be merged into my "Conflict Resolution Patch".

cstarkey42, on 07 Jul 2014 - 5:13 PM, said:Posted Image

The synergy module is one that is not necessary in my opinion, since it does not add enough to the game. The buffs are very minor and I rather use the esp slot for something else. Footing? Hm I will have to read up on that.

I made some notes about ACE when I started modding:

Realistic Fighting.. is incompatible with DUEL. Armor perks... that's the one that has compatiblity issues with SSR. I guess the patch for SSR exists to make ACE armory compatible with SSR? ACE speech is incompatible with "Trade & Barter". Well people will have to pick between mods anyway, but if single mod's already do a good job I don't see a reason to use the corresponding ACE module. Several of them are kinda good though...

I'll probably take a very close look at the armory and archery module.

I kinda want to take all these perk mods, study them, then rewrite them into one single perk overhaul mod that covers everything. Not sure if I can do that though. Hrm.

Not a good idea. It's better to have such kinds of mods modular, since a whole package always brings compatiblity issues with other mods.

Edited by blattgeist

@blattgeist

I need to figure out how to quote sections like you did, all I know how to do is quote the whole section and delete parts of it, which isn't the easiest way to go, so I'm just going to repond like this.

Stances, not footing, is what I meant to say.  It's a somewhat minor addition but each stance, ie sword in one hand and spell in the other, sword in one hand and shield in the other, one empty hand, staffs make spells 10% stronger, etc...so, while minor, it is a big change in how your character is able to behave under certain conditions.  

The ACE readme says "ACE Realistc Fighting was designed to be compatible with Duel - Combat Realism, and Deadly Combat.

So far no reports of incompatibility have come in for any mod."

Synergy actually adds quite a few additions in how perks relate to each other.  For example, 80 smithing + 80 one hand weapons = small tempuring bonus when improving 1-handed weapons or 100 in alteration, cojuration, destruction and illusion = +9% spell magnitude.  There are also a few race related bonuses, such as orcs get +3% armor when wearing orcish armor.  I agree that, on its own, it's not worth the esp slot but you can merge all of the ace module into one esp so that it doesn't cost anything to use the synergy module and you still get some very cool additions to the game.

I don't use the speech module, I'm going to try Treebalance - Speech Tree instead, but I didn't realize ACE didn't work with trade and barter so that is good to know.  I also don't use the enchanting module but am going to use Enchanting awakened instead.  I was going to use SPO instead of the ace smithing module but, reading through the ace read me again, I'm liking the changes ACE does to smithing so I might use that one instead.

I very well could end up hating ACE after playing with it for a few weeks/months but, after using skyre for over a year now, it seems like a well thought out and refreshing change.  

@thaiusmle

It's pretty good, I guess, considering everything skyre changes and how massive it tries to be in a broader sense.  I like the division of light and heavy armor and thought skyre did it well but I'd always begin with heavy (in order to survive) and never really get a chance to do anything with light armor since it fell so far behind in all of the perks, smithing included.  In know others, however are much more particular about the details (such as the srle-skyre forum) than I am so there are probably a lot of inconsistencies I didn't notice and just went with it as is.  It's been so long that I've played without it that I don't even realize everything it changed so I'm beginning to really notice some differences now that I'm trying a different set up.

When I say I've been using it for over a year, mind you, a good chunk of that time was spent just trying to get it to work with everything else (Xathra's patches and CCOR-skyre helped immensely but they are still relatively new, after all.  Same with SSME...oh, the ctd I used to get.  Constantly.).   :turned:

@blattgeist

Damn it, now you've got me obsessing over why I'm settling for all of my mod added bows to be long bows!   :O_o:   Guess I've got some patching to do.  At least ACE has a sticky that takes you through the few simple steps to make the bows from other mods compatible with its changes so it shouldn't take too long.  I only have IW, Nicoroshi 1.2, and lore weapon expansion to do so it should be pretty quick and simple.  I'll be patching the morrowloot replacement mods so if you guys/Garfink want a copy of them for the guide (I know it doesn't include ace but they still might be nice to have on the site) let me know and I'll send them over.  Assuming I can get them right, that is, though it sounds like a very simple process via tes5edit (thank god no ck!).

Damn it, now you've got me obsessing over why I'm settling for all of my mod added bows to be long bows!

Hehehe....

Oh if you want to quote someone just copy the text and hit the "Quote" button... I mostly quote like above, without the name because it's faster that way.

The ACE readme says "ACE Realistc Fighting was designed to be compatible with Duel - Combat Realism, and Deadly Combat.

So far no reports of incompatibility have come in for any mod."

I wonder where I got my info then... I have to admit that the notes for ACE are like super old. But the "Trade & Barter" notes are true, since T&B changes perks too. *scratches chin* hm... afaik DUEL only changes 1 or 2 perks.. the rest is all scripts and custom spells/effects. Yeah I think you are right. It should be compatible then.

I'll be patching the morrowloot replacement mods so...

Thanks but I'm not using morrowloot, well at least not yet :)

I think my crazy T&B settings make up for every valuable loot I might find.. 10-15x increased buy prices.. and 10-15x decreased sell prices.

By the way.. should we call the new USKP update "Unofficial Dialogue Overhaul"? My fingers are already blue from copying all the dialogue changes of the 2.05 patch into a new file for comparison... lol

Edited by blattgeist

Oh if you want to quote someone just copy the text and hit the "Quote" button... I motly quote like above, without the name because it's faster that way

Oh if you want to quote someone just copy the text and hit the "Quote" button... I motly quote like above, without the name because it's faster that way

Thanks, that is a pretty quick and easy way to do it.  I did find this in the "melee" ACE section after I sent that first quote: Duel - Combat Realism - 99% compatible, LOAD ACE AFTER DUEL, the only Duel function that wont work is the part where you do less damage when your stamina is below 10%

That must be the perk you are referring to so, yeah, there is a minor incompatibility but I think I can live with it, especially since ace more than makes up for it with the other punishments you get for armor, stance, and, from the realistic fighting module, "When stamina is below 25%, -30% stamina regen, -15% movement speed, and +50% stagger.  When health is below 33%, -30% stamina regen, and -10% movement speed."

Less damage when my stamina is below 10%.. hm.. yeah I think I can live without that. What I liked about the ACE armor module was that it made the difference between a light armored mage and a heavy armored fighter bigger. Or in other words, it forces mages to wear clothing/light armor.

Edited by blattgeist

Less damage when my stamina is below 10%.. hm.. yeah I think I can live without that. What I liked about the ACE armor module was that it made the difference between a light armored mage and a heavy armored fighter bigger. Or in other words, it forces mages to wear clothing/light armor.

I agree.  I never understood why anyone would wear a robe when you can just enchant heavy armor but ace provides an incentive to do so.  Also, stamina potions, which I don't think I've ever used, are important again due to the insane punishment once your stamina is below 25% or your health is below 33%.  Combine that with the punishment ineed implements when you are hungry/thirsty and it can be very difficult.  With heavy armor and being hungry/thirst (I forget which, I think hunger) if your stamina runs out it will not come back.  At all.  Making sure you have food is so much more important now, as well as having some potions.  

Just talking about it is getting me excited for my game!  Just a few edited weapon esps, update the 100 srle edits neovalen did last night...by then the mmo patches will be out so I'll have to make it compatible with my followers and esf...by the time I get all of that done uskp 2.0.6 will be out...lather, rinse, repeat...does anyone ever actually play this game?  I got it just for the modding!

does anyone ever actually play this game?  I got it just for the modding!

Nope... I mod this game for 4-5 months already..

I wonder how I should forward the USKP fixes in 0004E93E, 0004E93F, 000B62F2 for "Empowered Magic" ("Or" - conditions are present, I don't wanna break the condition chain) and the fixes in 000F3921 for "Breezehome Fullly Upgradable" (depends on if the BFU author needs the marker for something).... Hm...

Edited by blattgeist