Dreadflopps Modular patches

I am using Empowered Magic and Miko's Alchemy with this pack as while as the suggested perk mods like TTR. Do you think they will conflict terribly with the rest of the mods?

I did a quick check for you, if you do not use TTR's alchemy skill you are fine using the Alchemy mod. It needs a patch for radiant and unique potions, if you use that.

Empowered magic is fine if you don't use TTR's magic skills. It needs a small patch for animated weapon enchants. These two patches that are needed is just for showing animated enchants and new potion looks from radiant. If you don't make patches nothing else will happen except you won't have these new looks and animations for some stuff. One of the mods needed a minor weapon and armor fixes patch. Don't remember which and you are probably fine without a patch.

I recently came along forwarding USP and DLC changes to the new Beta file of "Empowered Magic". It's a pretty big amount of fixes, which I've also send to the author in a PM.

Here is the PM with the list, for anyone that is interested:

Hi leasm, as said in the comments of your EM mod. Here is my list of forwards for the 5.0 beta version of "Empowered Magic".

I have checked the 5.0 version as well as the beta and noticed that several changes from Update.esm are missing on top of the USKP changes that are listed further below. Ah yeah.. I looked up all the changes in the USKP changelog before actually forwarding anything. https://www.iguanadon...on History.html

Some examples for missig forwards from Update.esm are MG07StaffEffect02 (Magic Skill Alteration vs Restoration), MG07StaffEnchantment, StaffEnchConjureAtronachFrost. Most of the summon "elemental" thrall staff object effects use data (EFID Base Effect) from skyrim.esm (These may be intentional) instead of update.esm. The same goes for the conjuration scrolls of elemental thralls (flame- frost, storm thrall). There are also several charge time changes in the USKP that should be forwarded to your mod. I can't list them here because they are numerous (example: 000204C3 <ConjureFlameAtronach>).

The USP changes/fixes for mage light and soul trap are worth a look too. USP fixed soul trap to have a projectile, and mage light to be affected by the stability perk + flags them with manual cost calc. The list below does not include the changes/fixes that I mentioned in this foreword. The 3rd category that I left out intentionally are the master perk fixes from USP (Deep Freeze etc) which made cloak spells able to kill followers in bleedout state. These should be forwarded too if possible.

PS: If I were you I'd make USKP a requirement for EM so that you can use their fixes for magelight, dead thrall and call to arms.

Note: I compared everything with Tes5Edit. Btw. the changes where it says "FULL Name" are not necessary. I simply copied over the german names from the german version of USKP.

So here is the list:

Empowered Magic.esp (Empowered Magic v.5.0 beta Juny): Entries from USKP transferred

(Armor: Morokei, Nahkriin, Volsung, Hevnoraak, Otar, Vokun, Konahrik - Description //

Magic Effect: FireCloakFFSelf + FrostCloakFFSelf + StormCloakFFSelf - removed WISpellDangerous Keyword + modified Keyword count; AlchFortifyRestoration - Magic Skill; TurnUndeadFFAimedArea - Script Properties; InfluenceAGGDownFFAimedArea - Condition Yamarz (you also removed  the "IsCommandedActor" condition of the effect, might be worth a 2nd look); EnchFortifyShoutTimerConstantSelf - Magic Skill (from Update.esm);

HaltUndeadFFAimed + HaltUndeadFFAimedArea + ReanimatedFFAimed0 + TurnUndeadFFMassSelfArea + ReanimateFFAimed25 + ReanimateFFAimed50 + ReanimateFFAimed75 - Script Properties; FrostDamageHazardArea40 - Removed Keyword (I'm not sure about the intention of the USKP here); HowlWerewolfDetectLifeEffect1 - Condition; MG07StaffEffect02 - Magic Skill; PerkDisintegrateConcAimed - Condition added //Perk: AlchemySkillBoosts - Effect (Enchantment Power) add + Effect switch (Pickpocket Chance, Illustration Image) + USKP Conditions for Effect "Mod Attack Damage" drag over all conditions for that effect +Condition for Effect "Mod Incoming Damage" added (ArmorLight) + Condition for "Effect Mod Attack Damage" added (WeapTypeBow) // Soul Gem: Object Bounds + ZNAM Sound Drop x4 //Spell: ConjureFlameAtronach + ConjureFrostAtronach + ConjureStormAtronach - Absorb/Effect Flags; ConjureFamiliar + FlameThrall + FrostThrall + StormThrall + MinionSelfHealing - no absorb/reflect flags; CallToArms - 3 Effects added; ConjureFlamingFamiliar + dunHighGateSummonFlamingThrallExplosion + ConjureFrostAtronachLeftHand + ConjureFlameAtronachLeftHand + ConjureStormAtronachLeftHand - no absorb/reflect flags; LightningBoltRightHand - Equipment Type; ConjureFamiliarRightHand + ConjureFlameAtronachRightHand + ConjureFrostAtronachRightHand + ConjureStormAtronachRightHand + ConjureDremoraLord - no absorb/reflect flags; Weapon: DA14SanguineRose - BIDS/BAMT/OBND; BoundWeaponBattleaxe - VNAM Detection Sound Level).Changes that have been left out on purpose, with reasons in brackets: Spell Charge times (partly intentional by mod author), Mage Light & Soul Trap changes (mod scripts are present; applies to: Spell, Scroll, Object Effect, Magic Effect; maybe intentional by mod author, needs investigation by him/her), FrostSlowFFAimed (change is not necessary and too difficult to carry over, furthermore the mod adds a script to the effect), Magic Effect -PerkIntenseFlamesConfDownConcAimed + PerkDeepFreezeParalysisConcAimed (Archtype=Script, mod scripts added inside effect, needs investigation by mod author), Perk: DreamFeeder + Necromancy40 + DawkInfluence + Transfusion (not possible to carry over cause the mod removed the effect that is tied to the conditions of these effects), ReanimateThrallFFContact (mod script present), Flame + Frost + Storm Atronach Scroll & Object Effects from Update.esm (maybe intentional by mod author). Generally left out were changes/fixes from the USP where mod scripts were present (to avoid possible conflicts).

Empowered Magic_Dawnguard.esp (Empowered Magic v.5.0): Entries from UDGP forwarded (Magic Effect: DLC1SunCloakSelfIsran - Magic Skill;Spell: DLC1ConjureWrathman, DLC1ConjureMistman, DLC1ConjureBoneman - Absorb/Reflect Flags; DLC1StendarrsAuraIsran - SPIT Data "Half Cost Perk"; DLC1LDAetherialStaffsummon x7 - No Absorb/Reflect Flags).Empowered Magic_Dragonborn.esp (Empowered Magic v.5.0): Entries from UDBP forwarded (Spell: DLC2ConjureAshSpawn + DLC2BoundDagger + DLC2ConjureSeekerLeftHand + DLC2ConjureSeeker - Absorb/Reflect Flags + FULL Name; Weapon: DLC2BoundWeaponDagger - Critical Data + FULL Name // Magic Effect: DLC2WhirlwindCloakFFSelf - KWDA+KSIZ; DLC2EnchFireDamageFFContact50 + DLC2EnchFrostDamageFFContact50 + DLC2EnchShockDamageFFContact50 UDBP conditions.

Phew... ok that's all for now. Please take a look at the Update.esm and the other DLC.esm changes when comparing. I believe Dawnguard.esm and Dragonborn.esm only change some charge times.. so maybe these 2 are not that big of an issue.

I hope that list helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I really like your mod and want it to live on!

Cheers, blattgeist.

Edited by blattgeist
  • +1 2

Thanks, Blattgeiest.  I'm trying something new (most of ACE, Miko's alchemy, stealth skills rebalanced, enchanting awakened and empowered magic) so your forwards will help a lot.  Hopefully the mod author incorporates them soon.  He seems to be one of the few magic overhauls that is still updating his mod so I think he will.

Isoku's new Loot and Degredation should really help take care of one of the big obstacles this package is trying to overcome, which is too many bandits and civil war battles leaving too much free loot on the ground.  I found Falkreer (or whatever her name is) in a fort fighting bandits.  I went to help but she got most of them before I got there, their loot included.  I killed her just to see what she got:  5 armors, 9 bows, 3 crossbows, 5 shoes...  Civil war battles and other fights should now have a high possibility of only finding a pile of dead, naked bodies if you get there too late and somebody else has already picked them clean.

Yeah I saw your comment about Falkreer on isokus page. I've actually waited quite some time for him to bring that mod back to life. But I don't really use the feature that lets NPCs collect loot cause I don't wanna be forced to kill friendly NPCs just to get the loot of enemies where they got the last hit (although I may have been involved in the fight).

Regarding Empowered Magic and magic overhaul mods in general.. I'm kinda sad.. The list that you see above exists for quite some time now, with some minor adjustments since the new beta file for Empowered Magic came out. I pointed leasm into the right direction a couple of times already but no USP changes have been forwarded so far. But now that he finally asked for some help regarding the matter I got some new hope that he might incorporate the changes into his mod. Otherwise I will be forced to do that stuff on my own over and over again.

So now to the topic of magic overhauls: There are simply no good up-to-date magic overhauls anymore. It goes as far as me wanting to create my own.. and I did it until I saw how much more has to be done to make a mage competitive to physical fighters in this game.. it goes way beyond just scaling magnitude of spells up or adjusting dual cast power and chance to stagger enemies... I gave up after a while and went back to patching the beta file of "Empowered Magic", just because that is easier than creating my own mod.

Oh by the way.. on my quest to create a magic mod I found this little gem: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17963/? It gives you +2,5% magic power everytime you put a level into magicka up to a maximum of 150% enhanced magic power (duration, damage, affected levels of enemies when using illusion magic). The maximum is 150% and there are several caps, that are tied to the perks in the corresponding magic schools. It's compatible with all magic mods out there (tested with empowered magic and mighty magic). It only affects the player btw.

I don't consider the mod OP in combination with other magic scaling mods because if you use ASIS, Immersive Creatures and so on enemies become quite deadly.. also think about DUEL, which increases physical damage by a lot. Mastered Magicka actually balances out magic damage against DUEL' s physical boosts. Well when using EM and MM together I at least feel not inclined to use a bow all the time now.

Can we discuss the NPC loot option of isokus mod a bit? I 'd like to know what you think about my complaint about losing loot because a friendly NPC sacked it all although I might have been involved in the fight. I don't like to kill friendly NPCs.

Edited by blattgeist

@blattgeist

Yeah, I had a tough time choosing between magic overhauls, especially since most of them haven't been updated in so long.  I was looking at balanced magic, better magic, mighty magic and enpowered magic.  I was really torn between mighty and enpowered and choose enpowered because it seemed a little better, seemed like it might fit in better with the other overhauls I'm using and was updated recently.  I saw your posts and then he put up the beta so I was hoping he's still working on it and will update it with your changes soon but who knows.  I'll have to check mastered magicka.  I'm using the mods you listed (thought still trying to decide between ultimate+duel vs ultimate+deadly combat.  I really like deadly combat because it's so much faster but duel has a lot of great points as well so idk.  I like deadly combat more with the stagger turned off so arrows and magic aren't constantly staggering you and ultimate then makes sure you still get staggered by weapons so I'm leaning that way now) and RoE and HLE are supposed to make it really tough late game so that mod might be a really nice addition.

I haven't tested Isoku's enough yet to encounter what you're referring to but I see how that could be a problem.  The npc I was fighting with was on the other side of the fort when I saw it happening and I really like the addition but, yeah, if I'm in a fight and others just run to fight as well and then take the gear before I can get it that will get annoying, especially if the gear is good.  I guess most of the time it's not like it's going to be a huge deal so I would rather have the npcs looted to keep me from getting a lot of gear from every dead npc I find (with radiance, extended encounters, obis, pop forts, immersive patrols, etc... there seem to be dead bodies all over Tamriel) but I'll have more of an opinion on it once I've played with it a bit more, I guess.  The two things I still need to test are if followers pick up gear (though I'm assuming I can just take it from them then so it might be really nice if they do) and how much gear can npcs carry/does it reset at some point so they go back to only having their default gear.  The Falkreer (?) woman had a ton of stuff just from that fort.  If it never resets she's going to have an insane amount of gear after 10 hours of playing or so and, if it caps out at her carry max, then, eventually, the feature isn't going to matter anymore anyway.

Edited by cstarkey42

The two things I still need to test are if followers pick up gear.

They don't. I already asked that question and Isoku denied.

Ah well.. I keep the feature off for now. That let's me control things better.

Hm.. High Level Enemies, *sigh* that mod is simply awesome, sadly the scaled version is not supported by Immersive Creatures. My way around this is using the unleveled enemies module of the "YASH" mod.

Can you guys recommend alternative to SkyRe? I installed mods per Garfink's recommendation, but would like to use Smithing Perk Overhaul. Thanks.

Uhm.. I don't use any big overhauls simply because they interfere with too many things. But the closest to SkyRe would be Requiem.

USKP just updated to 2.0.5.

Dear god.. (I'm not a believer but whatever lol).. this is gonna be so much work again ;)

The changelog says that it reverts the soulgem drop sound fixes from earlier USKP versions... that needs to be reverted in the "Empowered Magic" Tes5Edit list too then (see above).

*waiting for the german translation*

Edited by blattgeist

They don't. I already asked that question and Isoku denied.Ah well.. I keep the feature off for now. That let's me control things better.Hm.. High Level Enemies, *sigh* that mod is simply awesome, sadly the scaled version is not supported by Immersive Creatures. My way around this is using the unleveled enemies module of the "YASH" mod.Uhm.. I don't use any big overhauls simply because they interfere with too many things. But the closest to SkyRe would be Requiem.Dear god.. (I'm not a believer but whatever lol).. this is gonna be so much work again ;)The changelog says that it reverts the soulgem drop sound fixes from earlier USKP versions... that needs to be reverted in the "Empowered Magic" Tes5Edit list too then (see above).*waiting for the german translation*

Can you recommend mods that modify perk, combat, and magic that you use? Thanks.

For magic: Empowered Magic, Mastered Magicka, all of EnaiSiain's magic mods (and his races, standing stones, thunderchild mods), Combat Caster and Smart Cast.

For combat: DUEL, SIC+SIC-HLE (external download on the SIC page)+Revenge of the Enemies (use the patch for ROE from the SIC installation), ERSO Enemy AI (not on nexus), DFB Random Encounters, Monster Mod, Deadly Dragons, ASIS (spells, potions, enchanting fix)

For perks: That's kinda tricky but the main ones are: Trade and Barter, Stealth Skills Rebalanced, Better Eagle Eye Redux, CCO, SPO, WAF, CCF (these 4 are all from kryptopyr and complement each other), Enchanting Awakened, Better Vampires, Moonlight Tales, Bloodmoon Rising

I don't use any of the ACE modules, simply because they need compatiblity patches to support other weapons and armor mods. Although the archery one looks really nice...

Edited by blattgeist
  • +1 1

For magic: Empowered Magic, Mastered Magicka, all of EnaiSiain's magic mods (and his races, standing stones, thunderchild mods), Combat Caster and Smart Cast.

For combat: DUEL, SIC+SIC-HLE (external download on the SIC page)+Revenge of the Enemies (use the patch for ROE from the SIC installation), ERSO Enemy AI (not on nexus), DFB Random Encounters, Monster Mod, Deadly Dragons, ASIS (spells, potions, enchanting fix)

For perks: That's kinda tricky but the main ones are: Trade and Barter, Stealth Skills Rebalanced, Better Eagle Eye Redux, CCO, SPO, WAF, CCF (these 4 are all from kryptopyr and complement each other), Enchanting Awakened, Better Vampires, Moonlight Tales, Bloodmoon Rising

I don't use any of the ACE modules, simply because they need compatiblity patches to support other weapons and armor mods. Although the archery one looks really nice...

Do you require a lot of patches among magic mods? 

I been trying out Duke Patrick's combat mod and I really like it so far. Some rough edges and typos but melee combat feels quite nice. I think I will use this instead of TTR's combat perks and Duel. Hrm. After testing it out more I still like it but the lack of polish in perk names and other little things is putting me off.

Edited by Cassiemouse