Dreadflopps Modular patches

But can't it be adjusted by lowering the SkillExpGainMult of Alchemy in the uncapper.ini?

Yes it can.. but that's additional fiddling with settings again.. a hassle that not everyone wants to do just because a mod changed something. I melted my brain over that mod and tested crafting expensive potions, to see how much experience I would gain. If I remember correctly.. that took quite a few hours. After a while I said to myself "why do I do this? This is way too much trouble" and just dropped the mod lol.

You know, keeping too many values in your brain while trying to set mods right for each other feels just not right to me.. mods should be good as they are, without too many adjustments (outside of MCM menus, that's a whole other topic and it's OK). Sure here and there you have to set some stuff, for example when using DFB Random Encounters together with SIC.. to get a somewhat balanced experience, but these are rare occasions and you don't have to remember them. I have 8 sheets of paper just for the settings of the 46 MCM menus, but well that is OK, cause it's needed and I made my notes why I chose which settings. But everything beyond that should not feel too complicated, otherwise it's not worth the hassle, at least for me.

Regarding uncapper.. I rather have everything level at the same slow pace and cap certain things at certain levels because they could imbalance certain stuff (mainly crafting skills, sneak, pickpocket, lockpick). The notes I made for uncapper already take at least 1 dinA4 site of space. No more explanations why I did this and that in there needed.

Let's say you take a break of skyrim and want to come back later.. to read your notes and see why you did what.. you would be quite puzzled and irritated if it sounds too complicated.

Edited by blattgeist

Yes it can.. but that's additional fiddling with settings again.. a hassle that not everyone wants to do just because a mod changed something. I melted my brain over that mod and tested crafting expensive potions, to see how much experience I would gain. If I remember correctly.. that took quite a few hours. After a while I said to myself "why do I do this? This is way too much trouble" and just dropped the mod lol.

You know, keeping too many values in your brain while trying to set mods right for each other feels just not right to me.. mods should be good as they are, without too many adjustments (outside of MCM menus, that's a whole other topic and it's OK).

I have played a bit with the mod installed, and in fact i have noticed that the experience increase a lot if using certaing ingerdients (especially when you have harvest overhaul installed and there is some sense on the quantity of flowers you pick xD ). But to be honest, exept for this little experience problem, this mod is just too good. I have looked for other alchemy mods and none of them have the good qualities that this one has (exept phittis alchemy overhaul, but it is very outdated and it hasn't DLC compatibility). I will reduce in the uncapper the experience gain multiplier of alchemy to 0.25, hoping that it will be enough.

Before I continue I wanna ask if this load order is right. Just updated to the new Mod Organizer version 1.2.5 and now it shows the Non-Mod files (official Skyrim files).

I manually sorted these according to my knowledge. Please take a look https://s1.directupload.net/images/140624/5zntayxc.jpg

ASIS-Dependency.esp and ASIS.esp coming after my personal patches is OK?

Edited by blattgeist

Before I continue I wanna ask if this load order is right. Just updated to the new Mod Organizer version 1.2.5 and now it shows the Non-Mod files (official Skyrim files).

I manually sorted these according to my knowledge. Please take a look https://s1.directupload.net/images/140624/5zntayxc.jpg

If i got it correctly from the SR:LE guide, you should put the non-mod files between the unofficial patches like in the esp load order, so that mod organizer load the bsa's accordingly:

USP

dawnguard

UDP

heathfire

UHP

dragonborn

UDBP

Hi-Res texture packs

UHRP

Are you 100% sure that I should move the official BSA archives between the unofficial patches to reflect the load order of the esps? I never did that before.. putting official archives anywhere between my mod folder in Mod Organizer. this is kinda new.. I'm kinda insecure mh :/

Are you 100% sure that I should move the official BSA archives between the unofficial patches to reflect the load order of the esps? I never did that before.. putting official archives anywhere between my mod folder in Mod Organizer. this is kinda new.. I'm kinda insecure mh :/

If i understood it correctly (reading through all of this topic) the reason why the new MO update has this kind of non-mod files, is exactly because you have to put them between the mod folder.

EDIT: i have just found a post of yours in the alchemy and food nexus topic. You used the uncapper version of the mod and setted the experience mult to 4. I have tried this configuration with different ingredients (very rare and common) and i think it is perfect! Now the experience gained almost the same as without the mod and the uncapper set to 0.3.

Edited by Lonewolf

EDIT: i have just found a post of yours in the alchemy and food nexus topic. You used the uncapper version of the mod and setted the experience mult to 4. I have tried this configuration with different ingredients (very rare and common) and i think it is perfect! Now the experience gained almost the same as without the mod and the uncapper set to 0.3.

Yeah that setting was the result of my hour long research.. to get vanilla like experience gain. Glad you find it useful, I forgot about my post over there already :D

I will read about the post that you linked later, when my visitor is gone. But good to have a source.

Edited by blattgeist

I haven't updated MO yet but what @lonewolf stated about load order is how I understood it should be too https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5309-the-new-mod-order-in-125/

I looked at the TTR patches again and really tried to understand them. I think this will work, but I haven't tried yet. Won't get time to try today. If anyone wants to help you are very welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15909840/MMO/Test%20patches.7z

When trying this it would be easiest to use a profile with only TTR, WAF 5 and thunderchild. 

What needs to be checked:

Check that the TTR speech perk Thu'um's Fury can make thunderchild shouts more powerful

Disable experience from shouts in thunderchild mcm menu and check that TTR still gives you experience when using shouts

Check that WAF keywords works with the TTR Armor perks matching set. Wearing at least 3 armor pieces from a matching set should give you an armor bonus. Try with the nightingale armour.

If no ones up for it, I'll check within a few days (maybe tomorrow)

After checking again, I don't think a patch is needed between Stealth skills rebalanced and TTR

Yes, Lonewolf and dreadflopp are correct.  This is weird, and the USKP team debated about this for a long time, but that is how it should be now.  The reasoning is that anything in "Unofficial Skyrim Patch" assumes that you have no DLC installed and so it should come before any of the DLC.  If Dawnguard makes a change to one of those records, for example, it should override Unofficial Skyrim Patch, and if that change needed to be carried forward it will also be in Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, and so on.

Heya, just registered to say thanks for this amazing guide/pack.

Though I have a few Questions I want to ask as well.

In the Better Leveling Category it is written that I should make this edit for example:

• To change health at level up to vanilla, change [HealthAtLevelUp] to

2=10

Does this mean that I have to remove all other entries the ini has in that category? (I want to use SkyRe, Can I use these Settings for SPERG as well if I decide to use that?)

Speaking about SPERG. SPERG has only patches IA. Should I ignore other weapon and armor packs when going the SPERG route?

I also had problems merging Morrowloot with the Morrowloot USKP patch from the MO merge pack.

One last thing that Bothered me was the huge amount of adjustments I have to make ingame everytime I create a character. Is it possible to create a batch file that could be started ingame to get these settings? It would also be nice there was some sort of extra section where all these suggested settings are listed so that there isn't a need to check every mods description again.

Thanks again for the guide :)

Edited by meltyc

If Dawnguard makes a change to one of those records, for example, it should override Unofficial Skyrim Patch, and if that change needed to be carried forward it will also be in Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, and so on.

Well.. when we talk about records it's about plugins now. But I refer to the install order that can be seen in the left part of MO.

All the people I've talked to and comments I've read say that I should do as you suggest.. put the DLC BSAs just before their corresponding USP patch in the left panel of MO. .. The biggest problem I had was that I use the "Skyrim Director's Cut" mod, which is a compilation of all the translated german USPs (but ofc 4 separate esp files) with additional features like fixed german string files and fixed german textures. That mod comes as a whole package that can't be seperated. So sorting the DLC BSAs for that package is impossible..

My solution for now is.. that I use the separate german USPs together with a part of the SDC.. hide every folder and file inside the director's cut except for the strings folder.

The install order in MO looks like this now:

Distant Decal Fix

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Dawnguard (BSA)

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Hearthfires (BSA)

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Dragonborn (BSA)

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Skyrim Directors Cut (Strings only)

Hi-Res texture packs (BSAs)

Unofficial High Resolution Patch (EN, gets updates more often)

Unofficial High Resolution Patch (GER, rarely gets updates)

Should be ok?

Oh and one more thing. I asked a little bit more about ASIS in an earlier post @ noobzor, with a screenie :;):

Edited by blattgeist

In the Better Leveling Category it is written that I should make this edit for example:

[*]To change health at level up to vanilla, change [HealthAtLevelUp] to

2=10

Does this mean that I have to remove all other entries the ini has in that category? (I want to use SkyRe, Can I use these Settings for SPERG as well if I decide to use that?)

Speaking about SPERG. SPERG has only patches IA. Should I ignore other weapon and armor packs when going the SPERG route?

Yes remove all other entries in that category. This entry mean that from level 2 you will get 10 health at level up. This works fine with SPERG. SPERG is very compatible and all mods in the pack works with it if not stated otherwise. I'm currently doing TTR patches and when I'm finished with that I will take a look at SPERG again. You can use it anyway, all conflicts are minor and you probably won't notice any difference with or without the patches.

I also had problems merging Morrowloot with the Morrowloot USKP patch from the MO merge pack.

What plugins are you trying to merge? Morrowloot.esp and our patch? That is not correct. You merge all patches with each other.

One last thing that Bothered me was the huge amount of adjustments I have to make ingame everytime I create a character. Is it possible to create a batch file that could be started ingame to get these settings? It would also be nice there was some sort of extra section where all these suggested settings are listed so that there isn't a need to check every mods description again.

Thanks again for the guide :)

I know,it will be fixed shortly ☺ I'll compile all mcm settings into a Google docs document that is easily read from a phone. Unfortunately you have to manually do these settings yourself for every new character, afaik.

Glad you like the pack/guide. Thanks!

Edited by dreadflopp

What plugins are you trying to merge? Morrowloot.esp and our patch? That is not correct. You merge all patches with each other.

Ohhh.... I'm so stupid! I thought I was meant to merge the patches with the mods they belong to!

Thanks for your fast and helpful reply!  :^_^:

One last Question, is there some sort of experience report on Using SPERG instead of SkyRe when using the GSRP section? Since it says it was only really tested with SkyRe.

Edit: Another question! I'm sorry.

The Skills, Powers and Magic category has this line.

Recommended by Garfink who uses SkyRe with thunderchild, forgotten magic, Resplendent, Enchanted awakening and apocalypse spells.

It would be nice if you and Nicopad could list your recommended mods as well for TTR and SPERG. This would make it easier when choosing mods. Just an idea.

Edited by meltyc

Ohhh.... I'm so stupid! I thought I was meant to merge the patches with the mods they belong to!

Thanks for your fast and helpful reply! :^_^:

One last Question, is there some sort of experience report on Using SPERG instead of SkyRe when using the GSRP section? Since it says it was only really tested with SkyRe.

Edit: Another question! I'm sorry.

The Skills, Powers and Magic category has this line.

Recommended by Garfink who uses SkyRe with thunderchild, forgotten magic, Resplendent, Enchanted awakening and apocalypse spells.

It would be nice if you and Nicopad could list your recommended mods as well for TTR and SPERG. This would make it easier when choosing mods. Just an idea.

Nicopad uses SPERG with most GSRP mods and has no issues. I recently added a section whit Nicopads recommendations. I actually never get time to play the game 😕 but this guide and all awesome help and feedback we get will make sure the game is exactly how I want it to be when I do get time and this is the main reason I'm doing this. I'm going to use all mods in the guide except the encumbrance mod. Professions turned of in professions.For skills and perks I'll use TTR, smithing perks overhaul, Stealth skills rebalanced and enchanting awakened. I'm playing in a levelled world which means I'm skipping ERSO and and enhanced mighty dragons. To save computer power I'm doing a lightweight install of regs. I'm also adding some mods from the weather pack and I'm going to try some follower mods.

I haven't updated MO yet but what @lonewolf stated about load order is how I understood it should be too https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5309-the-new-mod-order-in-125/

I looked at the TTR patches again and really tried to understand them. I think this will work, but I haven't tried yet. Won't get time to try today. If anyone wants to help you are very welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15909840/MMO/Test%20patches.7z

When trying this it would be easiest to use a profile with only TTR, WAF 5 and thunderchild. 

What needs to be checked:

Check that the TTR speech perk Thu'um's Fury can make thunderchild shouts more powerful

Disable experience from shouts in thunderchild mcm menu and check that TTR still gives you experience when using shouts

Check that WAF keywords works with the TTR Armor perks matching set. Wearing at least 3 armor pieces from a matching set should give you an armor bonus. Try with the nightingale armour.

If no ones up for it, I'll check within a few days (maybe tomorrow)

After checking again, I don't think a patch is needed between Stealth skills rebalanced and TTR

I have tested the matching sets perks from both light and heavy armor and it works on both (tested with 3 pieces of nightingale armor and with 3 pieces of steel plate armor).

Although i have discovered that the matching set perk does not work with the dawnguard armor. It is not a problem of your patch, simply the keyword is not present in the matching set (neither in TTR or WAF).

About thunderchild, i can't simply download the mod from the nexus, the server keeps to be unavailable :(

EDIT: Also i discovered that i can't merge the TTR speech plugin, and i can merge the other plugins only if i tick renumberIDs. Otherwise, errors keep showing up after the merge...

Edited by Lonewolf