Dreadflopps Modular patches

No idea.. but it sounds like some dev made a joke. Icewaterjetty.. seriously? lol

(ASIS.. to perk or not to perk.. that is the question. *hardcore thinking, first world problems*)

Different people and different tastes.. I even read different recommendations on your overhaul's setup page.. gonna look through each site of this forum to check how the conclusion came to be.

Huh.. it seems that perks are way too complicated to manage right for my own good (see page 6). I'll go with spells, enchantment fix and potions then.

Edited by blattgeist

@ dreadflopp:

Coming from Arthmoor in this very useful thread:

• "EDID subrecords usually aren't seen in the game. They're mainly for the convenience of the modder, but on records that have an EDID entry they're also useful for intentionally generated ITMs. Setting the EDID will prevent TES5Edit from cleaning the record out."
  • "Do keep in mind that the EDID is useful for Papyrus auto-fill as well which is why the unofficial patches will not be changing an EDID that already exists. We only do this on blank ones when needed. Was quite useful for the UDGP when we had to repair a navmesh Beth broke inside the Abandoned Shack."
  • "For users, it's not critically important to carry the EDID changes. Yes, the EDID is what things like the coc command use, which is why I said it's useful for modders."

I hope these statements clarify the use of EDID a bit.  ::):

• +1 1

I wrote down some notes for myself regarding ASIS: *google translator do your (faulty) magic.. or I translate it myself into english*

-Perks: too unsafe (difficult to setup right), too many potential conflicts / stacking and unpredictable effects with other mod perks-Enemy AI: very unsafe and also deprecated feature-GMST Settings: unnecessary-Spawn Randomizer: insecure, leads to unwanted effects-Increased Spawns: unnecessary and increases difficulty too much. Mods like DFB Random Encounters ensure enough mass and diversity. Mods like SIC make opponents also individually strong enough.-Potions: safe feature, max 2 Potions with a chance of 5-Spells: safe feature, makes spell mods more useful-Fix-Enchantment: Safe bugfix so that opponents can use their enchantments properly

Well google translator got most of it right *claps hands* I'm impressed.

Edited by blattgeist

The link should work now: https://s1.directupload.net/images/140623/22db2csa.jpg

@Noobzor:

Thanks for going through my questions and providing some valuable answers. So.. yes I saw the improved ini files.. hm should I take them as they are? I have no experience about tweaking these, what should be in them and what not. I read that there is some special tweaking necessary for Deadly Dragons.

(...)

From where does ASIS draw its perks anyway? Let's say it takes perks from immersive creatures and adds them to other mod monsters.. I think that might make them OP.

The improved ini's will work fine right out of the box, even with Deadly Dragons.  There is a link on the Deadly Dragons page with some recommended ASIS settings that don't quite match up with what is in those ini's, and you can tweak it to match, but it isn't necessary.

ASIS gets all perks in your load order that have a skill requirement and is not excluded in the AutomaticPerks.ini.  SIC should already be "PerkModExclusions" section so the perks added by that mod shouldn't get handed out to anything else.  If you think those enemies are too powerful with the other perks, you can also add SIC to the "NPCModExclusions" section and that will keep the enemies added by SIC from getting any additional perks, while still allowing other stuff to get the perks.

Hm.. nah... I only wanted ASIS for the spells anyway. I'm not brave enough to test out if these perks work for my load order and I don't want to exclude anything at all XD. Too much hassle. But thanks :D

By the way.. first time sharing my load order, if anyone wants to take a peek. Took me about a year to get that right and stable:

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esmAOM.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmFM - HaafingarHall.esmmoonpath.esmSkyMoMod.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espNPCs Protected and Uncapped.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espChesko_Frostfall.espSupreme Storms.espIHSS.espTradeBarter.espAMatterOfTime.espAOM.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espCS_TagAndTrack.espDeath Cam Duration Options.espDFB - Random Encounters.espImmersive Patrols Merged All.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espSPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.espSwiftPotion.espTraps Are Dangerous.espDragon Soul Relinquishment.espRaceMenu.espvAutosaveManager.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espmanny_Status.espTakeNotes.espCloaks.espCloaks - Dawnguard.esp1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espImmersive Weapons.espPrvtI_HeavyArmory.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espFloraRespawnFix.espYASH_UnleveledEnemies.espDeadlyDragons.espERSO 08 - RUS-00 Main plus Dawnguard Dragonborn.espERSO 30 - Better Enemy AI Dawnguard&Dragonborn.espAesirArmor.espCampingKitNorthernRanger.espBreezehome_Fully_Upgradable.espBridge Farm Hearthfire version.espFM - HHall Exterior.espFM - UNP Merchants.espHearthfireMultiKid.espInconsequential NPCs.espmoonpath_questdata.espRiversideLodge.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espTame Beast.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espThunderchild - Epic Shout Package.espThunderchild Wyrmstooth Patch.esp360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.espBounty Gold.espGM-CookingRebalanceFinalHearthfire.espNoAutoAim.espRebirth Monster.espConvenient Horses.espTimingIsEverything.espTwoRings.espUnreadBooksGlow.espvinis_crime_gold.espWeapons & Armor_FasterArrows.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espSoS - The Dungeons.espSoS - The Wilds.espSoS - Civilization.espClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.espskyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espLong-Lasting Torches v4b - Warm Edition (2x Radius - 1.5x Brightness).espELFX - Exteriors.espHelgen Reborn.espELFX - Moonpath.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.espClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.espClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-4.espSoS - The Wilds-PatchCoTSounds.espSoS - Civilization -PatchCoTSounds.espBetter Vampires.espPredator Vision.espBloodmoonRising.espBrevi_MoonlightTales.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espDwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.espHitStop.espSmartCast_1_0.espEmpoweredMagic.espEmpoweredMagic_Dawnguard.espEmpoweredMagic_Dragonborn.espAlchemyRedone.espDynamicPotions.espEnchantingAwakened.espDuel - Combat Realism.espCombatCaster.espStealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.espEnchantingAwakenedSSRPatch.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espResplendent - The Races Package.espPresets 2-3.esp3DNPC.espInigo.espSlightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.espEMCompViljaSkyrim.espEMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espAmazingFollowerTweaks.espAFT_ManagedFollowerBoost.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espHeight Adjusted Races - True Giants and Mammoths.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espgetSnowy.espWATER.espWATER DG.espWATER DB Waves.espWATER Falskaar.espAFT_iNPCFix.espSKSE Hotkeys.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.espRebirth Monster - SIC Patch.espiNeed.espCompanionArissa.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espImmersive Sounds - Compendium.espADS.espBashed Patch, 0.espNPCs Protected Redux - Merged Add-ons.espISCompendium CCO Patch.espISCompendium Empowered Magic Patch.espELFX-BFU-Patch.espCCO_Frostfall_Patch.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espAurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.espBetter Eagle Eye Redux.espWhite River Cottage.espSofiaFollower.espSMIM-Merged-All.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.espConflict Resolution Patch.espPersonal Gameplay Adjustments Patch.esp

I guess I could merge the Water patches...

Note that several patches are missing in that load order. That's because they are inside the Conflict Resolution Patch.

From the "Improved ASIS Ini Files" Page:

I think I found out what was making me CTD when loading existing saves. I tweaked the original inis for use with Deadly Dragons (according to the Deadly Dragons article). I did not make the same adjustments with these.

So better don't make any modifications in a running game huh..

Edited by blattgeist

-Perks: too unsafe (difficult too setup right), too many potential conflicts / stacking and unpredictable effects with other mod perks-Increased Spawns: unnecessary and increases difficulty too much. Mods like DFB Random Encounters ensure enough mass and diversity. Mods like SIC make opponents also individually strong enough.

Automatic Perks and Increased Spawns are the two biggest difficulty-increasing parts of ASIS, to be sure, but it's just a matter of setting them up to your liking.  Also, do not underestimate the power of Automatic Spells.  Combined with Apocalypse Spells, there are some casters in the game that go from laughably easy to forces of apocalyptic destruction that will make you want to find the nearest bed and cower under it.  Also, you will find that a lot of enemies who did not previously cast any spells, but had points in caster skills, will now start casting at you.

With Automatic Perks, just add all of your perk-adding mods to the "PerkModExclusions", and add any already difficult creature-adding mods to "NpcModExclusions", then you are left with just distributing perks to the stuff that was easy.  At the very least, vanilla enemies need perks to be interesting.  ASIS will never give out perks that someone already has, so the only weird stacking comes from mods that add perks that might stack with vanilla perks in a weird way (like from SkyRe or SPERG).  That's why I just exclude all perk-adding mods and let it only distribute the vanilla perks.

With Increased Spawns, you can add all of your enemy-adding mods to the "ModExclusions", then you are left with only increasing the vanilla spawns, which isn't that bad, and never get a bunch of spriggan matrons or anything like that.  

Hm.. nah... I only wanted ASIS for the spells anyway. I'm not brave enough to test out if these perks work for my load order and I don't want to exclude anything at all XD. Too much hassle. But thanks :D

Fair enough :)

So better don't make any modifications in a running game huh..

I don't recommend making changes to ASIS settings in a running game, but I know that some of them are safe.  I just don't know which ones aren't.  

You're.. making me want to have perks now.. damn you XD

The list of mods that provide perks is probably huge... but you've got a point with vanilla NPCs being weak.

With Increased Spawns, you can add all of your enemy-adding mods to the "ModExclusions", then you are left with only increasing the vanilla spawns, which isn't that bad, and never get a bunch of spriggan matrons or anything like that.

You mean all mods that add leveled NPCs or the ones that add records to the NPC (Actor) list too? (I like that color ::): )

But on the contrary.. I believe that YASH adds a ton of leveled vanilla NPCs. It may be useless to use these 2 ASIS settings with YASH unleveled enemies active, hm... I guess nobody really knows about or uses that mod ^^

I'll start making an exclusion list anyway...

Combined with Apocalypse Spells, there are some casters in the game that go from laughably easy to forces of apocalyptic destruction that will make you want to find the nearest bed and cower under it.

Count me in!

Oh... I just found out how to move around custom executables in Mod Organizer... no more sad miss-clicks on Skyrim Launcher. I guess you guys already knew that and I'm a noob ^^

Edited by blattgeist

You're.. making me want to have perks now.. damn you XD

The list of mods that provide perks is probably huge... but you've got a point with vanilla NPCs being weak.

You mean all mods that add leveled NPCs or the ones that add records to the NPC (Actor) list too? (I like that color ::): )

But on the contrary.. I believe that YASH adds a ton of leveled vanilla NPCs. It may be useless to use these 2 ASIS settings with YASH unleveled enemies active, hm... I guess nobody really knows about or uses that mod ^^

As far as the inclusions/exclusions goes, ASIS is only concerned about the esp/esm that first adds the NPC/Perk/Spell to the game, but once it figures out whether to include/exclude it then uses the entire load order to determine the correct version to use.  

So let's say you have an NPC called Bob that is added by mod A.  Then you have a mod B that adds a series of Whupass perks and also makes a couple of edits to Bob.  If nothing is excluded, Bob will show up in the game with the Whupass perks (assuming he qualifies).  If B is in the NpcModExclusions, nothing will change...Bob will still show up in game with the Whupass perks because Bob came from A, and it will be the B version of Bob because that was the latest version in the load order.  If A is in the NpcModExclusions instead, then Bob will not get any of the Whupass perks (or any other perks) via ASIS.  If B is in the PerkModExclusions, then nobody will get the Whupass perks via ASIS.  Does that make sense?

To be honest, I had never heard of YASH until you mentioned it.  It looks similar to SkyRe, but not quite the same...a different take on similar concepts.  It will probably work okay with ASIS regardless, but you may have to mess with it to find the balance that is right for you.

Does that make sense?

The example? Not really. The first sentence was more clear. But I have to admit that I'm kinda super tired right now so I will see if I can imagine that picture after a good night's sleep. Maybe then everything becomes more clear.

As far as the inclusions/exclusions goes, ASIS is only concerned about the esp/esm that first adds the NPC/Perk/Spell to the game, but once it figures out whether to include/exclude it then uses the entire load order to determine the correct version to use.

Anyway.. back to the question..regarding enemy adding mods + difficult creature-adding mods: Do I have to exclude only mods that add/change leveled NPCs or also these that add/change records in the NPC (actor) list? Maybe you tried to explain that with Bob.. but I didn't get it ^^

Ah well.. if I don't get it by tomorrow I probably never will lol. You can take a look at my load order if you want. Maybe examples are easier that way.

Off to bed now, gn8

Edited by blattgeist

@noobzor

It sort of made sense but I'm still unclear on one thing.  Say I want to keep the RoE and obis additions as is but would like to add perks to the other vanilla creatures, sic, etc...  If I exclude RoE and obis won't I just end up with the perks going to the vanilla creatures modified by those mods and not have any of roe and obis modifications added at all (at least be overridden by the later asis.esp)?  How is it possible to exclude vampires, for instance, so I maximize the probability of roe's modifications manifesting in game, without being able to simply add roe to the exclusion list, which I'm assuming will give vanilla vampires the perks and cancel roe completely, and without having to go through the asis ini's to exclude every creature added specifically by roe (which is more trouble than I care to exert at this point, I really just want to play the game already!).  If there is no way to do this, simply, then I'm fine just not using asis perks but I'm hoping there is something I either haven't thought of or am just not understanding.

Thanks.

Anyway.. back to the question..regarding enemy adding mods + difficult creature-adding mods: Do I have to exclude only mods that add/change leveled NPCs or also these that add/change records in the NPC (actor) list? Maybe you tried to explain that with Bob.. but I didn't get it ^^

Adding a mod to the exclusion list only excludes NPCs added by that mod, it has no effect on NPC's edited by that mod.  So, if you want to include most vanilla NPC's, but exclude specific vanilla npc's that were edited by RoE, for example, then you have to add those specific NPC's to the "NpcExclusions" instead of just adding RoE to the "NpcModExclusions".

How is it possible to exclude vampires, for instance, so I maximize the probability of roe's modifications manifesting in game, without being able to simply add roe to the exclusion list, which I'm assuming will give vanilla vampires the perks and cancel roe completely, and without having to go through the asis ini's to exclude every creature added specifically by roe (which is more trouble than I care to exert at this point, I really just want to play the game already!).

If these are vanilla NPC's that were edited by RoE, then adding RoE to the exclusions will have no effect on them.  You would have to exclude them specifically in the NpcExclusions.  However, you could just not exclude them and let them get perks.  :D

Now, for my two bits...  RoE makes a whole lot of really crazy changes to a lot of enemies, and in my opinion does a lot more damage than it does good.  It is played off as improving enemy AI, but it hardly even touches the AI at all.  Instead, it boosts enemy stats a whole bunch and raises level caps a lot.  In my opinion, it makes way too many changes to accomplish something that could be done in a much simpler fashion.  I believe that you can achieve as good, or better, results simply by using "high level enemies", a decent enemy AI mod that doesn't actually edit the NPC's themselves, and letting ASIS assign perks/spells.

Adding a mod to the exclusion list only excludes NPCs added by that mod, it has no effect on NPC's edited by that mod.  So, if you want to include most vanilla NPC's, but exclude specific vanilla npc's that were edited by RoE, for example, then you have to add those specific NPC's to the "NpcExclusions" instead of just adding RoE to the "NpcModExclusions".

If these are vanilla NPC's that were edited by RoE, then adding RoE to the exclusions will have no effect on them.  You would have to exclude them specifically in the NpcExclusions.  However, you could just not exclude them and let them get perks.  :D

Now, for my two bits...  RoE makes a whole lot of really crazy changes to a lot of enemies, and in my opinion does a lot more damage than it does good.  It is played off as improving enemy AI, but it hardly even touches the AI at all.  Instead, it boosts enemy stats a whole bunch and raises level caps a lot.  In my opinion, it makes way too many changes to accomplish something that could be done in a much simpler fashion.  I believe that you can achieve as good, or better, results simply by using "high level enemies", a decent enemy AI mod that doesn't actually edit the NPC's themselves, and letting ASIS assign perks/spells.

I've been letting them get perks via asis but my concern has always been how the distribution of what perks and abilities they use is set.  RoE might not be perfect, I agree, but one of the coolest things I've seen in skyrim is when the vampire I was fighting turned into a bunch of bats and flew away.  That was awesome!  By giving them perks I'm afraid that these special, unique abilities will show up less in the game as the creatures use the asis added perks, ultimately leading to a game where every battle looks, feels, and behaves the same way, regardless of what sort of creature/npc you are fighting.