Dreadflopps Modular patches

Updated all patches because of weapon and armor fixes being updated to version 5. Use complete plus and true orcish and daedric. No need for a morrowind-waf replacement plugin. There is one patch, one of the last patches, that patches the STEP Extended 2.8 patch. You can use it with core to. This patch just forwards WAF changes being overwritten by STEP.

Clothing and clutter fixes+Nightingale hall still needs to be updated by Kryptopyr.

There is a conflict between WAF5 and TTR armor skills in the matching set perks. Working on that.

Cleaning DUEL is kinda important if you are going to use the DLCs. Cause if I remember correctly there is at least 1 that overrides a fear spell of DLC1 Dawnguard.

Ok.. I'm gonna post my own cleans here. Looking at the overhaul list there are tons of mods that I use myself too.

Where exactly is the conflict with Thunderchild? I need to take a look at Enchanting Awakened again. Ah this one... 03007CB3 <DLC01_SoulTearTrapFFActor>

I'll just load the mod after Thunderchild since I consider all of EA's changes to soul trap related effects, spells or perks more important.

Thanks, I'll add it another day! Really helps. To tired now. If Enchanting awakened+Thunderchild works without a problem let me now.

Edited by dreadflopp

I added quite a lot of bugfixes and USKP forwards to my earlier post. Pay special attention to the traps make noise one. I ofc. still hope to get some insight (if anyone else knows) on my questions regarding Enchanting Awakened and ASIS that were asked earlier. I asked Enai and egocarib about the Enchanting Awakened+ Thunderchild issue. And regarding the ASIS settings, well maybe when Garfink comes back.

Ah yeah.. note that Neovalen's older Skyrim Revisited guide is still present and it contains some forwards for Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming.

Edited by blattgeist

A question to the REGS users. The REGS guide adds tons of new quest and places to explore and i was wondering how to keep things interesting levelwise.

I mean, i fear that i would reach level 50 before having even done half of the quest that REGS adds, and usually when you reach that level things start to get boring even with combat mods, since reached that level your character doesn't need anything else in a matter of powers, perks, loot, gold or else to survive.

So since i'm following this guide too i thought to follow the Garfnik suggestions and install SkyRe, but it is a patch hell (especially now that Kryptopyr is updating his mods), and even with the patches there are so many conflicts to fix with Tes5Edit that would take me tons of hours to forward them :wallbash:.

Then i thought of SPERG, but the last time i used it i ended up reaching level 20 after a few quest from Interesting NPCs and half of the College of Winterhold quests...

So, can someone advise me on a setup from this guide to keep things interesting at higher levels?

A question to the REGS users. The REGS guide adds tons of new quest and places to explore and i was wondering how to keep things interesting levelwise.

I mean, i fear that i would reach level 50 before having even done half of the quest that REGS adds, and usually when you reach that level things start to get boring even with combat mods, since reached that level your character doesn't need anything else in a matter of powers, perks, loot, gold or else to survive.

So since i'm following this guide too i thought to follow the Garfnik suggestions and install SkyRe, but it is a patch hell (especially now that Kryptopyr is updating his mods), and even with the patches there are so many conflicts to fix with Tes5Edit that would take me tons of hours to forward them :wallbash:.

Then i thought of SPERG, but the last time i used it i ended up reaching level 20 after a few quest from Interesting NPCs and half of the College of Winterhold quests...

So, can someone advise me on a setup from this guide to keep things interesting at higher levels?

That's why we added Better leveling to the pack which really slows down leveling. I think it will solve your issues.

@Lonewolf

that's why I highly recommend Skyrim Community Uncapper. My personal settings are 0.33 expgainmult for all levels and 5 carryweight on lvl up regardless of what stat you choose. Skillformulacaps stop at 200 for regular skills and at 150 for "sensible" skills. I consider Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing, Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocket to be sensible skills and everything else regular. My overall skillcaps are 300 for all skills.

I also added some kind of bonus to every 10 lvl ups, that is +20 stamina/magicka/health instead of only 10. The reason? A little boost is something to look forward to and it's not really unbalanced since leveling up with that kind of setup is super slow anyway.

Edited by blattgeist
  • +1 1

Do you guys have any guide of merging esp(s)? I am very confused in which situation we should check or uncheck "Renumber FormIDs"? Thanks

I always unchecks renumber formids. Works for our patches, regs patches and etac patches. Neovalen has started merging plugins in his guide. Check that and his thread. I think he recommends renumbering in his merges but you'll have to check yourself. As I understand it, and a little simplified, renumbering does better merges but if you update merged mods and remerge they will get a new formid and will therefore be reset. Npcs will act like you never met them. I'm no expert in this though but I've found it better to keep renumber unchecked and find mods that can be merged without errors or lost functionality.
  • +1 1

That Enchanting Awakened + Thunderchild compatiblity thing is still going through my mind. I've been thinking about it for a while and I believe that it only modifies the shout to be affected from Thunderchild's favor system + have reduced cooldown and a script to gain favor attached to the effect (I read about the cooldowns in the update changelog). So.. basically saying. If we load Enchanting Awakened in its complete version (DB+DG) after Thunderchild than all we lose is the mentioned effects but instead benefit from EA's modified system.

Hm.. to me that sounds safe. On the other hand we could as well load EA before TS and get Thunderchild's effect (which seems to give not much benefit).. But as I said I prefer EA's soul trap effects. I think EA is just more thorough (is that the right word?) when it comes to everything that deals with enchantments and soul trapping. So for me it comes after TS.

Edited by blattgeist

I always unchecks renumber formids. Works for our patches, regs patches and etac patches. Neovalen has started merging plugins in his guide. Check that and his thread. I think he recommends renumbering in his merges but you'll have to check yourself. As I understand it, and a little simplified, renumbering does better merges but if you update merged mods and remerge they will get a new formid and will therefore be reset. Npcs will act like you never met them. I'm no expert in this though but I've found it better to keep renumber unchecked and find mods that can be merged without errors or lost functionality.

The only reason I've found to check renumber formids is if the records your merging are essentially stand alone mods that really don't referance anything but themsleves & aren't likely to be updated. Case in point are weapon and armor mods. While big packs like Immersive Armors, Immersive Weapons, etc. can technically be merged (you shouldn't btw) in this case you would NOT renumber the formids's. However if you have several standolone gear mods that have only meshes, textures and an esp, then you would want to group them together and renumber. Much smoother merge with less chance of errors. It seems especially if these types of mods have Constructible Object records, renumbering the formid's as part of the merge works better. At least thats been my experience.

Edited by Barthanes

I just read something interesting in the iNeed comments:

Small compatibility issue: Barrel ContentsHarvest Overhaul, Realistic Needs and Diseases, and Wearable Lanterns all add items to what can spawn inside barrels. Along with a few other mods. Your mod overrides barrel contents with the usual things like the massive piles of salt when they replace food being in it. Stuff like clothes for turning into cloth for frostfall to make torches, lanterns and leather straps to make lanterns, and ruined books to turn into paper for Harvest Overhaul.

This statement has been confirmed by several other people. So.. I asked my own question as a comment but maybe we could look into this too. I wonder if 'not' activating the "rarer food" option would solve the issue. Can't test it out right now.. too much work here. :/

Edited by blattgeist
I have spent the better part of my free time for the last 2 weeks updating my REGS profile to include MMO, and specifically Garfinks Skyrim Rebalanced Project. So far I really like it.

However, I was getting a bit frustrated last night against the first dragon, Mirmulnir. I installed Deadly Dragons, Dragon Combat Overhaul, and Enhanced Mighty Dragons (Mighty version). I died a large number of times, even after using resist fire potions I made, and equipping a Resist Fire Shield given to my by Balgruuf. I have my DD set to Vanilla, and equipped a staff of frostbite, Ancient Nordic Sword of cold, and sparks, in addition to a bow. After about 20 min, he was only down to about 3/4 life. I finally just gave up and shut down. But all this makes me think I messed up some settings, installed the pack incorrectly, or simply suck a lot more than Garfink does at this game. Anyone have any feedback on this? My guess is I should have chosen either DD or EMD.

@Dreadflopp: They guide is coming together very nicely, it is understandable, well organized and clear. Here are a couple suggestions I think could make it even better:
1. It would be nice if you had all the In-game settings in a single place at the bottom of the guide. I have typed them all the GSRP related ones into a google doc that I could send you to save you a min if you like that suggestion (I had missed the Novice game-play setting at first and it wasn't pretty, this could help prevent that type of miss)
2. Since this pack is based on STEP (and REGS Compatible) it would be nice if you had some suggestions on mods to merge. I documented the ones I merged and could also share if you would like. 
  • +1 1

I have spent the better part of my free time for the last 2 weeks updating my REGS profile to include MMO, and specifically Garfinks Skyrim Rebalanced Project. So far I really like it.However, I was getting a bit frustrated last night against the first dragon, Mirmulnir. I installed Deadly Dragons, Dragon Combat Overhaul, and Enhanced Mighty Dragons (Mighty version). I died a large number of times, even after using resist fire potions I made, and equipping a Resist Fire Shield given to my by Balgruuf. I have my DD set to Vanilla, and equipped a staff of frostbite, Ancient Nordic Sword of cold, and sparks, in addition to a bow. After about 20 min, he was only down to about 3/4 life. I finally just gave up and shut down. But all this makes me think I messed up some settings, installed the pack incorrectly, or simply suck a lot more than Garfink does at this game. Anyone have any feedback on this? My guess is I should have chosen either DD or EMD.@Dreadflopp: They guide is coming together very nicely, it is understandable, well organized and clear. Here are a couple suggestions I think could make it even better:1. It would be nice if you had all the In-game settings in a single place at the bottom of the guide. I have typed them all the GSRP related ones into a google doc that I could send you to save you a min if you like that suggestion (I had missed the Novice game-play setting at first and it wasn't pretty, this could help prevent that type of miss)2. Since this pack is based on STEP (and REGS Compatible) it would be nice if you had some suggestions on mods to merge. I documented the ones I merged and could also share if you would like.

Please share if you can. Thanks.

I just read something interesting in the iNeed comments:This statement has been confirmed by several other people. So.. I asked my own question as a comment but maybe we could look into this too. I wonder if 'not' activating the "rarer food" option would solve the issue. Can't test it out right now.. too much work here. :/

Won't have time today to test this, may have time to check in TES5. But we could wait a day or two to see if an answer pops up on the iNeed page and save ourselves some work.@IdiotDave Garfink will have to answer the gameplay issue with the dragons. Great suggestion regarding the in game settings. Been thinking about it myself. Will probably fix something phone friendly with all in game settings. Will look into merges. I'm keeping most stuff unmerged because I'm doing patches. I know we can merge regs and etac patches and will add that. CJ of regs has recommended to untick renumbering when merging, if I remember correctly. Neovalen of SR:LE has also started merging mods that we use. When he comes along with the merges I'll add them to this guide. Edited by dreadflopp