Dreadflopps Modular patches

I have merged all of those without problems, TTR you only install the trees that are not covered by Stealth skills, smithing and enchanting -then you merge all the plugins except destruction, one handed and speech (as described in the guide) then set it to load in the same place as the other TTR files in BUM.

CCOR patches merge well but again only do the patches the ones that load in the Compatibility patches section. As for Better Quest Objectives the patch for the Thieves guild doesn't seem to like being merged sp I leave it out.

Generally I only merge plugins from the same mod and that BOSS generally sorts together. If I get an error message I re-try but excluding the plagin that had the message indicated. 

e.g. BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp.

Hope this helps.

::):

Edited by Smile44

I know the guide says it is, but how dependent upon STEP:Extended is MMO?

Looking through I don't see too much that should be deeply dependent on STEP. I'm considering making a profile for the SKYRE version but I'd rather not try it with that massive of a loadorder. REGS, yeah. Full Extended + SkYRE + REGS....that makes me nervous!

A short list of "You ABSOLUTELY must have these mods or the pack won't work!" would be amazing :)

Also, what's the thought on unpacking bsa's? Good idea for load times or will your esp requirements be lower with them?

When I'm finished with patch documentation it will be more compatible and possible to use with a custom STEP set up. The STEP mods you need to use are weapon and armor fixes, clothing and clutter fixes. The rest of the essential mods are masters to the patches. So just check the patches in mo.

As for unpacking BSA's, no idea. I used to but don't anymore. I only unpack if files inside the BSA needs editing/optimizing.

Also have a quick report:

Revenge of Enemies overwrites HLE Hardcore if ordered according to the pack instructions. It replaces HLE's LeveledActorMult values.

I did not merge those records simply because I don't know what would happen if I do. Since RotE is loaded after HLE the NPC's from RotE will be used. I did not find it wise to forward records from HLE into RotE since I didn't know what would happen.

Could someone from the pack authors clarify my questions?

Sorry I suck at this, but I forgot what BoS stands for :) the whole mods name please.

Garfink uses weapons and armor fixes complete plus and has a patch for it on his nexus page. I haven't checked for conflicts yet but it should be safe. I will switch to +complete version and add it to the guide. From what I've read on the forums it might make it into the next STEP version too.

Hi Garfink,

Per guide

High Level Enemies - SIC Edition

Description: Lets certain enemies continue to level up

Author: Dalquist

Optionals: None.

Special Instructions: Also install Falskaar patch from the main installer if Falskaar is used. 

Delete "High Level Enemies - SIC.esp"

BOSS Masterlist Update Required to make sure it's loaded before Rebirth monster.esp: (Updating Guide)

• High Level Enemies - SIC.esp TOP Base Late
  • High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp AFTER High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

LOOT Rules:

• Let LOOT sort this mod, but make sure it's loaded before Revenge of the enemies (Rebirth monster.esp)

Do not install if you use Deleveled Skyrim

High Level Enemies

Description: Installs a hardcore setting for High level enemies

Author: Dalquist

Optionals: High level enemies - Hardcore

Special Instructions: Only install the optional, not the main file

Morrowloot Support for Immersive Weapons SkyRe and Other Mods

Description: Morrowloot patches for different mods

Author: Garfink

Special Instructions: Install "High Level Enemies - SIC Edition - Morrowloot Support"

Revenge of the Enemies

Description: Adds skills and magic to enemies and make them act more intelligently.

Author: MyEvergreenHometown

I looked at your load order sorted by LOOT.

Rebirth Monster.esp

High Level Enemies - Hardcore.esp

High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp

High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp

Should High Level Enemies - SIC.esp load before Rebirth Monster.esp based on the guide? Thanks.

HLE before RotE seems to make more sense to me since you'd want RotE NPC's over HLE NPC's, but Garfink is the expert on those mods. Either way should work without bugs. Since both mods changes the same thing load order determines which mods NPC's you want to use.

Hey Garfink

When you said we're supposed to delete all plugins for Sharlikrans Comptaibility Plugin that adds JAYSUS swords because CCOR handles them...does that include the esm as well as the esp?

Thanks!

Yes

Per guide

High Level Enemies - SIC Edition

• High Level Enemies - SIC.esp TOP Base Late
  • High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp AFTER High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

LOOT Rules:

• Let LOOT sort this mod, but make sure it's loaded before Revenge of the enemies (Rebirth monster.esp)

Should they load after Rebirth monster.esp???

No before. See my answer above. Garfink might disagree, if so I'll change it.

BoS stands for Book of Silence.

Then no, it looks like you are fine with the SR:LE install of BoS

Dreadflopp, did you ever have any problems merging the TTRSO mods like I'm having?

No, just tried it again. They all merge without errors. Do not merge the .esm though. That probably causes errors.

Then no, it looks like you are fine with the SR:LE install of BoS

Great thanks. So, I can safely merge the plugin with your patch. Also, from lore weapon expansion should I install only the first main file or the other main files are supported as well?

Great thanks. So, I can safely merge the plugin with your patch. Also, from lore weapon expansion should I install only the first main file or the other main files are supported as well?

It is safe to merge. Only the first main file of lore weapons expansion is supported. The others are conflict free if you are lucky. It is easily checked in TES5Edit if you have some experience with it.

If using a bashed patch you should have HLE before RoE.  It's the same procedure as OBIS, which is clarified on Indigoblade's page where he says "If you have a bashed patch for mods like high level enemies, or anything that effects bandits, it should work in perfect harmony as long as you put OBIS closest the bottom of your load order!" but if you look at your bashed patch in tes5edit you will see how it works and why for HLE, RoE and obis (honestly this is the best way to understand it.  I learned so much more once I just started running tes5edit and looking at my bashed patch).

edit:  Sorry, I looked myself to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone.  What you'll see is that the leveled enemies added by RoE are the same as HLE, so those are unaffected.  The new enemies added by HLE, however, will be brought forward in your bashed patch.  What's important though is that the new packages added to certain enemies from RoE will be used only if it is after HLE.  If HLE is after RoE then HLE will dominate, overwriting the RoE changes, which is really the main reason you want to use RoE in the first place so you certainly don't want that to happen.

Edited by cstarkey42

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Revenge of enemies overwrites HLE hardcore's levelmult value which controls what level spawns are in relation to the player level. It's a global setting. I forwarded HLE hardcore's settings for those only. It works just fine. They are actually pretty close. HLE hardcore is just a little higher.

Oh and I am using a custom REGS and STEP setup with the full MMO mod. Paired by esp count down to 157. The game is rock solid, fast and stable. No merging needed. My only complaint was DUEL. No matter what I did stamina regen both in and out of combat was way, way slow.

I ended up just using SkyRe's combat. Works beautifully. Challenging on novice but not impossible.

Edited by Asyrin
  • +1 1

@Asyrin  Yeah, I just let ROE overwrite the HLE-Hardcore setting since they were so close but maybe you're right, I'll have to look at it again and perhaps forward those values myself if it does make it a little more challenging.

What are some of the main differences you're noticing with skyre combat vs duel?  I've thought about switching myself but I've always liked duel's combat so I've stuck with that.  It's been a while since I played with skyre combat though so I'm wondering if that might fit in better with the other skyre modules.  I seem to be having stamina issues as well.  Nothing major, but little things, like no stamina loss when pulling the bow, definitely stick out.

@Asyrin  Yeah, I just let ROE overwrite the HLE-Hardcore setting since they were so close but maybe you're right, I'll have to look at it again and perhaps forward those values myself if it does make it a little more challenging.

What are some of the main differences you're noticing with skyre combat vs duel?  I've thought about switching myself but I've always liked duel's combat so I've stuck with that.  It's been a while since I played with skyre combat though so I'm wondering if that might fit in better with the other skyre modules.  I seem to be having stamina issues as well.  Nothing major, but little things, like no stamina loss when pulling the bow, definitely stick out.

I had a serious issue with Duel stamina. Even when I only had MMO installed I was still getting super slow stamina regen. I've always liked SkyRe combat. It's very challenging just like duel. Plus it fits better with the perk trees. There's no question as to whether a perk taken with SkyRe will effect combat's mechanics. 

@thaiusmle

The only things I merged were MMO patches and Realistic Nights patches. My esp count is so low because I only installed a very small portion of STEP bolstered by my own personal preference. Many parts of step extended are....just too much. I, at least, don't notice their loss. I concentrate on very good looking dungeons, forts, forests, creatures, dragons and equipment. I install almost all of the bug fixes.  Also, I was selective with REGS. I shied away from the mods that needed cleaning after install. Do I know how to clean a mod? Sure. It's quick and easy. It's the fact that it's quick and easy that makes me wonder just how well the mod is coded if the author didn't bother to do so.

My philosphy is that if it doesn't directly affect my gameplay and doesn't make a significant difference in how the game looks most of the time, it's not worth possible compatibility issues.

My PC isn't quite as beastly as Garfink's but I am running a Superclocked 780 ti on a 4GHZ i5 2500K with 32GB of RAM and full step extended, full REGS and full MMO merged down to 251 esps just wasn't stable.

While Skyrim CAN run 255 esps...I don't think it really likes to run anywhere near that. Just my opinion. Not supported by a large number of tests.

Anyway, I've gotten to the point where I'm actually...you know...PLAYING and it's amazing. :)

That said, I used a complete MMO setup with SkyRe (minus duel for SkyRe combat) because every mod here directly affects gameplay.

Edited by Asyrin

I just have to pop in here and say I've been playing my version of MMO for three days now....

And it's truly amazing. This is the most fun I've ever had in Skyrim. Thank you!

I was hesitant about mixing Resplendent Racials with Aurora Doomstones with Apocalypse with SkyRe but I have to say...it's strangely quite balanced. The difficulty of the game feels perfect. It's a challenge but it honestly feels like a FAIR challenge. When I win I feel I earned it. When I lose I know where I screwed up. I would have bet good money Skyrim couldn't be this balanced.

My only bump so far is the fact that Cyrodilic weapons don't appear to be reproccering. I think they're from Weapons of the Third Era....which may even be coming from SkyRe itself so that's weird....