Dreadflopps Modular patches

@gpthree

I use 5 mods from this one of my favorite authors.  I will give this alternative a go in my next new game.

We should be fine using Eat and Sleep by kuertee (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13246) instead of iNeed, right? The followers eating idea is pretty cool but I like the widget for Eat and Sleep plus it has synergy with Professions. In a perfect world we'd also be able to use Battle Fatigue and Injuries by the same author (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13241/?) but that may be pushing the script load...

@Asyrin

Are you using High Level Enemies Hardcore?  When you meet some spawns of the same level as you... you wouldn't last 2 power attacks from 2 handed weapons.  Not every enemy is same level as you.

Eat and Sleep should be fine.  You will have a more food available at any one time though.  But it should be fine.

Edited by Garfink

Do we need to add delev/relev to any of the other weapon/armor mods, like ia, cloaks, iw or lore weapon expansion?  What about the ccor patches (ia7, amidianborn, skyre, waftrueweapons)?  Should those have anything?

Garfink, I'm also testing your obis and obis redone, as you know.  Do those need any sort of delev/relev?

Thanks.

@Asyrin

Are you using High Level Enemies Hardcore?  When you meet some spawns of the same level as you... you wouldn't last 2 power attacks from 2 handed weapons.  Not every enemy is same level as you.

Yeah, no kidding. HLE + RebirthMonster + ASIS is absolutely DEADLY

Alright, I ran a few tests last night. Everything appears smooth but combat seems a bit weak.

I'm using the SPERG version with Garfink's difficulty setup - including duel. I did not include the deleveled world additions.

I can withstand about 4-5 power attacks at level 1 before I die to a bandit. Perhaps that's right. I'm used to playing a deleveled SkyRe. I had read, however, that combat was pretty fast with duel. Does that sound about right?

You need to take out Skyforge Weapons unless you don't want to use the content addon as described in the guide.

ok. should i change anything in what sr:le suggests to install from BoS?

what about the lore expansion expansion mod? should I install only the first main file or the other three, too?

@Asyrin

Eat and Sleep should be fine.  You will have a more food available at any one time though.  But it should be fine.

I'll double check the install tonight, but I do think I am.

I'll load the whole thing into TES5Edit and see if something looks suspicious.

This pack looks extremely interesting! How far from completion are you guys? Also, which other packs from STEP do you plan compatibility with?

Thanks, a couple of weeks from finishing I think. I have to go through all patches again. When I do that I will document exactly what I'm patching which means the pack will be compatible with both step core and extended. SR:LE should be compatible but I'm not checking compatibility against it. The weather pack should be compatible, I have cot installed. I check compatibility against REGS and make patches. So REGS and extended guaranteed, SR:LE/weather probably. When I'm finished with the patches we are adding some mods that Garfink is already playing with. After that we can remove the WIP tag but some mods may still be added. We have no major conflicts or bug causing conflicts in the pack, I think. It's mostly USKP forwarding and documentation left to do.
  • +1 1

I know the guide says it is, but how dependent upon STEP:Extended is MMO?

Looking through I don't see too much that should be deeply dependent on STEP. I'm considering making a profile for the SKYRE version but I'd rather not try it with that massive of a loadorder. REGS, yeah. Full Extended + SkYRE + REGS....that makes me nervous!

A short list of "You ABSOLUTELY must have these mods or the pack won't work!" would be amazing :)

Also, what's the thought on unpacking bsa's? Good idea for load times or will your esp requirements be lower with them?

Edited by Asyrin

I need some help. Can anyone who uses STEP Extended + REGS + MMO give me a little advice on conflict resolution between them? I've followed the SR:LE conflict resolution guide, but I don't have enough experience to tell what else I need to do as far as conflicts go. I've looked at many different posts and forums, and looked at almost all of the plugins in TES5Edit, but it seems so daunting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@asyrlin, I am using sperg but difficulty to adept..... A lot less easy ^^

I need some help. Can anyone who uses STEP Extended + REGS + MMO give me a little advice on conflict resolution between them? I've followed the SR:LE conflict resolution guide, but I don't have enough experience to tell what else I need to do as far as conflicts go. I've looked at many different posts and forums, and looked at almost all of the plugins in TES5Edit, but it seems so daunting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the patches in the guide lot's (if not all) of conflicts are covered...

Ok a CFR patch has been added to NPCs Protected Redux.

And I saw some interesting mod that fixes a very nasty flora respawn bug:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31268/?

Documentation regarding the bug is here: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Respawning#Plants_respawn_glitch ?

It looks like the bug is omnipresent. Do you guys think we need this mod'? I only have a very slight problem with it. I use skybirds and the vmad scripts that are attached to some flora in skybirds will get overriden by the mod.

Ok a CFR patch has been added to NPCs Protected Redux.

And I saw some interesting mod that fixes a very nasty flora respawn bug:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31268/?

Documentation regarding the bug is here: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Respawning#Plants_respawn_glitch ?

It looks like the bug is omnipresent. Do you guys think we need this mod'? I only have a very slight problem with it. I use skybirds and the vmad scripts that are attached to some flora in skybirds will get overriden by the mod.

Personally I have never came across this bug in my game.

I've had a look at this mod few months ago and it changes a lot of other stuff apart from the flora respawn... Tread carefully.

::EDIT::Then again, I've never specifically tested if this bug is present in my game either. But I've never noticed it... If it is happening, it was never troubling enough for me to notice it. Furthermore With Harvest Overhaul (and I only use the lowest settings of it!) I'm always gathering enough ingredients to craft plenty of potions.

IMHO - this fix is not needed.