Dreadflopps Modular patches

I've been having luck putting my random mods into a single merge.  Achieve that, unglow books, ash rocks, smim, walk, more brains, take notes...things like that that don't really conflict with anything else and add their own, unique records to the game.  I've gotten a little carried away with it though so now it's my own personal crusade against the skyrim engine to see how much it can take when I'm armed with nothing more than sheson's patch.  You're right though, trying to put different patches together seems to cause problems though, such as immersive college and etac and real water 2.  Sometimes even patches that should seem to go together, like your example with book covers, won't work at all for no real reason.  

My patch has been pretty successful so far, though I keep adding to it so I've got to be pushing the boundaries, which is why I'm hesitant to post what is all in it on forums anymore so I don't have people bitching at me that I broke their game when I gave them my disclaimer to begin with.  If I make it to level 20 or so, however, I'll start feeling safe with it.  Like I said, it's passing all the stress tests so far and got me to level 16 last game before I ran into the companion glitch.

Oh, and yeah, I think I'll be staying away from unique places for a while.  It's too bad though...

Edited by cstarkey42
  • +1 1

Bleh. I can't get ASIS patcher to go past 10% Adding Masters. Have Dual sheath and Enchanting mods disabled. Anyone have any ideas how to kick stupid java into action with this many mods?

Also, I was trying to merge all the appropriate mmo patches when I got that merge error :( Only them.

I've NEVER had a problem with Corners of Skyrim, its been in my load order since the beginning.  Go ahead, its super safe.  It doesn't add much but what it adds is very atmospheric and very well done.  There are new followers but they are rather "generic" mercenary types, its the camps that are very pretty.

We considered this mod for REGS during early development, although I cannot remember why it was left out. I believe it was due to several navmeshes and general tes5edit errors if memory serves me right. Not to say it;'s a bad mod, if it works for you it's great. Personally I liked the mod a lot, the ingame locations are pretty nice.

Tried without the MMO merged patches. Updated both 32 and 64 bit versions of Java. ASIS still stops at 10% adding masters. Tried Dual Sheath Redux too. Stops at the same place.

I'm going to be very sad if I got all the way here, passing stress tests the entire way to only have Java keep me from playing STEP Extended, REGS, and MMO together :(

Don't fret, here is what you need to do....  its a bother but its the only way:

Disable everything BUT STEP and run ASIS, ensure ASIS is actually working.  Its not going to be Java that causes the problems, but I have noticed that the previous version of Java seem to work better with the Proccer, but the new Java seems faster...  in any case I am using the current version of Java 64bit with no issues.

Disable the mods in batches and run ASIS, remember to use my ini files.  Once you get to a batch that causes the Java error you are close to your answer.  Its annoy but I have had to troubleshoot like this before.  

Its usually an ODD mod or a PATCH that is causing a problem.  

Just for reference or suggestions here is my load order at the moment:

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm01  Update.esm02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.4]03  Dawnguard.esm04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.4]05  HearthFires.esm06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.4]07  Dragonborn.esm08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.4]09  Falskaar.esm0A  Wyrmstooth.esp  [Version 1.10]0B  ApachiiHairFemales.esm0C  ClimatesOfTamriel.esm0D  ApachiiHair.esm0E  Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp  [Version 2.0]0F  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm10  daymoyl.esm11  NPCs Protected and Uncapped.esp12  Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esp13  RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp14  AMatterOfTime.esp  [Version 2.00]15  ImprovedSneakDetection.esp16  ELE HF-Interior Lighting.esp17  Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp18  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Somber ENB.esp19  83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp1A  Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp1B  ESFCompanions.esp  [Version 0.1.1]1C  Chesko_WearableLantern.esp1D  RaceMenuPlugin.esp1E  Basvanbeu MuscleTextureChanger with Navetsea set.esp1F  Beards & Brows.esp20  fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp  [Version 1.0]21  EpisodeParallax.esp22  Yield 2.0.esp23  DS_HorseMeter.esp++  CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp24  ClassicLevelUp.esp25  kuerteeEncumberingLootArmourAndWeapons.esp26  BFSEffects.esp27  Dead Body Collision.esp28  DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp29  Dawnbreaker_PeacefulExplosion.esp2A  Auto Unequip Ammo.esp2B  Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp2C  RaceMenu.esp2D  TheEyesOfBeauty.esp  [Version 9]2E  360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp2F  WEBS extended.esp30  FalskaarDawnguard.esp31  iHUD.esp32  AHZmoreHUD.esp  [Version 2.1.1]33  FantasySoundtrackProjectCombatMusic.esp34  CoT-WeatherPatch.esp35  KatanaCrafting.esp36  No Skill Limit.esp37  TakeNotes.esp38  RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp39  ELE Plugin - RS Light Color.esp3A  ELE-FX Emittance.esp3B  Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp3C  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0]3D  SkyUI.esp3E  AchieveThat.esp3F  TradeBarter.esp40  Dual Sheath Redux.esp41  SkyTweak.esp42  Soul Gems Glow When Full.esp43  SplashofRain.esp44  SulfurRocks.esp45  WSCO - OriFemaleUNP.esp46  WSCO - OriBetterMale.esp47  WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp48  WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp49  When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.0]4A  You Hunger.esp4B  SkyRe_Main.esp4C  AOS.esp4D  DeadlySpellImpacts.esp4E  DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp4F  DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp50  The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp51  Dodge Mod.esp52  IHSS.esp53  Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp54  RevampedExteriorFog.esp55  Duel - Combat Realism.esp56  Animated Weapon Enchants.esp57  Small Mods Combined.esp   Merged Plugin:   Moss Rocks.esp  Moss Rocks_DB.esp  Oblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp  HoldBorderBanners.esp  Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp  Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.esp  ORM-Arvak.esp  PilgrimsDelight.esp  Point The Way.esp  UniqueBorderGates-All.esp  UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp58  Better Dynamic Snow.esp59  EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp5A  3DNPC.esp5B  ELE-Spell and Torch Lighting.esp++  NoRareVendorMetals.esp5C  Closefaced helmets with circlets.esp  [Version 0.3]5D  Closefaced helmets with circlets - Falskaar.esp5E  RealisticWaterTwo.esp5F  ELE-Interior Lighting.esp60  Actualize Apparel.esp61  RealisticWaterTwo - Combined.esp62  OBIS.esp63  OBISDB.esp64  OBIS Redone.esp65  Morrowloot.esp66  DeadlyDragons.esp67  Morrowloot - Deadly Dragons Patch.esp68  Traps Are Dangerous.esp69  Falskaar SkyRe Faction Patch.esp++  Warmonger Skyre Patch.esp6A  SkyRe_Survivalism.esp6B  Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp  [Version v6.5.2]6C  Rebirth Monster.esp6D  High Level Enemies - Hardcore.esp6E  SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp6F  Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp70  Thunderchild - SkyRe Compatibility Patch.esp71  Thunderchild Wyrmstooth Patch.esp72  Distant DetailHF.esp73  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 1.2.5]74  Falskaar Wildlife.esp++  SkyRe_SIC Crossbowfix.esp  [Version v6.1.2]75  Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp  [Version v6.5.2]76  aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp77  BetterQuestObjectives.esp78  Thieves Guild Requirements.esp79  NonEssentialChildren.esp7A  TimingIsEverything.esp7B  Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp7C  Book Covers Skyrim.esp7D  ELE DB-Interior Lighting.esp7E  Dark Dungeons for Dragonborn.esp7F  MoonAndStar_MAS.esp80  SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp81  BFT Ships and Carriages.esp82  DFB - Random Encounters.esp  [Version 1.2]83  ELE DG-Interior Lighting.esp84  ExplosiveBoltsVisualized-SkyRe.esp85  Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp86  Dark Dungeons for Dawnguard.esp87  Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim - Merged - No Map Markers.esp88  BCS - SkyRe Patch EN.esp89  CommonClothes.esp  [Version 92]8A  Immersive Weapons.esp8B  Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp8C  BirdsHFclean.esp8D  EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp8E  EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp8F  GuardAnimationsGDO.esp90  Inconsequential NPCs.esp91  Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp92  FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp93  RRRE-Lite.esp94  Radiance.esp95  Lore Weapon Expansion.esp  [Version 1.1a]96  High Level Enemies - SIC.esp  [Version 1.6a]97  Cloaks.esp98  1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp  [Version 2.3]99  TheChoiceIsYours.esp9A  Convenient Horses.esp9B  TCIY-BCS Patch.esp9C  Atlas Map Markers Combined.esp9D  FSP - Dawnguard Edition.esp9E  SkyrimImprovedPuddles.esp  [Version 1.1]9F  SFO - Dragonborn.espA0  Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp  [Version v1]A1  High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp  [Version 1.6a]A2  NetchLeather.espA3  WSCO - Better NPCs.espA4  Endgame NPC Overhaul.espA5  NightingaleArrows.espA6  dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espA7  kuerteeGoldAjustment.espA8  kuerteeProfessions.espA9  kuerteeSimpleMultipleFollowers.esp++  moveitLWT.espAA  towConversation.espAB  vAutosaveManager.espAC  vSCM_SmarterCombatMusic.espAD  zMirai.espAE  Inigo.espAF  Chesko_Frostfall.espB0  DungeonQuestAwareness.espB1  Skyrim Flora Overhaul.espB2  Unique Grasses.espB3  Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim City Edition - Merged - No Map Markers.espB4  SkyRe_EnemyAI.espB5  CompanionArissa.espB6  Resplendent - The Races Package.espB7  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.8]B8  Extended Encounters.espB9  Magic of the Magna-Ge.espBA  Spectraverse - SkyRe Compatibility Patch.espBB  Elemental Staves.espBC  iNeed.espBD  BlockSparkles.espBE  Gildergreen Regrown.esp  [Version 1.2.5]BF  mjhReducedGoldRewards.espC0  Apocalypse - The Spell Package.espC1  Apocalypse - SkyRe Compatibility Patch.espC2  EnchantingAwakened.esp  [Version 1.60]C3  EnchantingAwakenedFrostfallPatch.espC4  EnchantingAwakenedSkyRePatch.esp  [Version 1.60]C5  EA Skyre Perk Merge.espC6  ERSO 18 - LAWE Hardcore.espC7  DragonBornCircletsWithCrownMageReady.espC8  ERSO 29 - DPMO.espC9  Aurora - The Doomstone Package.espCA  EnchantingAwakenedAWEPatch.esp  [Version 1.50]CB  EnchantingAwakenedApocalypsePatch.esp  [Version 1.50]CC  TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.espCD  ForgottenMagic_Redone.espCE  Real Clouds.espCF  Clothing & Clutter Fixes.espD0  CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espD1  Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.espD2  SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp  [Version 2.1]D3  LockpickingOverhaul4.espD4  CWIDawnguardPatch.espD5  CWIDragonbornPatch.espD6  Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espD7  BCS - CCOR Patch.espD8  Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp++  Scarcity - 8x Loot Rarity.esp++  Scarcity - 4x Merchant Item Rarity.esp++  CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.espD9  CCOR Patches.esp   Merged Plugin:   CCOR_Frostfall_Patch.esp  CCO_SIC_Patch.esp  CCOR_IA7_Patch.esp  CCOR_IW_Patch.esp  CCOR_aMidianBorn_Patch.esp  Immersive Weapons - CCOR patch.esp  High Level Enemies - CCOR patch.espDA  skyforgedShields.espDB  CCOR_SkyRe_Patch.espDC  Daedric Dawnbreaker.espDD  DDB_NS_Skyre_Patch.espDE  ForgottenMagic_Redone_SkyRePatch.espDF  SkyRe_HelmlessPerks.espE0  Unique Uniques.esp  [Version 1.4]E1  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.3.7]E2  Combined Patches.espMerged Plugin:   BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp  SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp  ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp  SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp  CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp  CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp  SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp  AOS2_DCOd Patch.esp  AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp  AOS_TAD Patch.esp  Warmonger Skyre Patch.esp  Morrowloot - Revenge of the enemies patch.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp  AOS2_DGDB Patch.esp  AOS_USKP patch.esp  AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp  AS-GDO Patch.esp  SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp  About horses 1.5.esp  SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp  Revenge of the enemies - Immersive weapons patch.esp  SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp  27 Cloaks of Skyrim - Revenge of the enemies Patch.esp  26 Cloaks of Skyrim - High level enemies SIC Patch.esp  20 Revenge of the enemies - STEP patch.esp  AOS2_GDO Patch.esp  AOS2_WAF Patch.esp  AOS2_SkyRe Patch.esp  Unique Unique's_Skyre Patch.esp  25 Cloaks of Skyrim - STEP Patch.esp  Endgame NPC - Netch Leather patch.esp  Morrowloot - Endgame NPC patc.esp  Endgame NPC - Immersive Weapons Patch.esp  Endgame NPC - Netch Leather - Immersive weapons Patch.esp  Skyre Consistent Older People.esp  BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.espE3  Falskaar Skyre Alternate Start Patch.espE4  Bashed Patch, 0.espE5  ASIS-Dependency.espE6  Pre ReProccer WAFR IA7 IW UU aMidianSS Content Addon Patch.espE7  CCF PreReProccer Patch.espE8  Dual Sheath Redux Patch.espE9  NPC Enchant Fix.espEA  ASIS.espEB  ReProccer.espEC  Post ReProccer Fixes CCOR IA7 IW UU aMidianSS Content Addon Patch.espED  qotsafans Ingestibles + Radiant Potions + Unique Booze HF Patch.espEE  ReProccer-SkyforgeShields.espEF  qotsafans Miscellaneous ReProccer + Destruction Tweak Atronach 50 Patch.esp

I have just tested another 5 hours with OBIS Redone and Death Alternative mod, OBIS is surprisingly working quite well, I have the max bandit settings on 2 for both interior and exterior, haven't encountered any impossible situation, still can die in almost every battle against groups if I am not careful, I am at level 33 at the moment.  I think I am happy with the OBIS settings as it is, but I will try others just to compare in my next session.  My changes to the loot prices have worked and the extra loot doesn't cause problems with morrowloot any more.

As for Death Alternative, I am enjoying it, it does reduce reloading saves somewhat, I am playing a Conjurer, Destruction Battlemage and so I have 2 summons and 2 followers (could do with just 1 follower but I am testing followers now) at the moment, so they have manage to save me every time so far from actually "dying", I have bleedout several times already.  Not "dying" means I haven't had any of the "after death" alternative happen as yet, so I can't comment on those.  BUT I do like not having my "story" disjointed due to reloads, I am in the same difficult situation when I return from the "bleedout" state (like I am when I reload a save game), but I didn't have to reload and the 25% penalty to health regeneration is fair.  I like being rescued by my followers, they are pretty awesome.  Sometimes I save them, sometimes they save me.  I am also finding that I am less tempted to save the game in the midst of a difficult fight, as "dying" is sort of interesting now and doesn't mean the end, this also adds to the immersion for me.

I don't think this makes the game more or less difficult, just different.  I think its a keeper.

I definitely recommend iNeeds over RND now, the follower needs food thing makes a HUGE difference to the rarity of food and there is extra cost to multiple followers now, its almost like paying them a wage in food.  I also like the extra touch option of feeding the horse as well.  Not to mention that iNeeds is compatible with Death Alternative whereas RND is not.
Edited by Garfink

I've played with Death Alternative in the past. It's a well designed mod. I stopped using it once I started using unique follower mods like Inigo. Death Alternative works weird when you're unwilling to let the follower you downloaded an entire mod for actually die.

My solution is Autosave Manager set to Incremental Save every 15 minutes and all Autosaves off. It adds danger and meaning to fights because I'll lose a reasonable amount of time if I die.

For my MMO playthrough I may try it again. I don't think I plan on using any custom follower mods so as not to mess with the STEP, REGS, MMO setup.

I agree with you on iNeed over RND. My primary motivation though was the patches RND requires and the fact that diseases to me aren't immersion....just annoying.

If you've never tried it, Garfink, Ultimate Deadly Encounters, Sands of Time is perhaps the best difficulty mod I've ever used. It's designed to work with OBIS but is insanely script heavy. Very well designed scripts but scripts none-the-less. Not sure the full 242 mod setup I have now could run it.

Edit: You know what? I just remembered that Tony made a standalone much much lighter version of his mod that just adds encounters to when you sleep....making it dangerous to sleep in the wild or in dungeons. Together with Realistic Room Rentals, you'd have a hard choice to make: Do I spend some of my hard earned gold for safer sleep or do I chance getting jumped?

Sands of Time Sleeping Encounters Standalone Module

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49307

I don't see why it shouldn't be easy to integrate into an MMO setup.

Edited by Asyrin

Tony and I go back a long way!  I have used UDE in previous playthoughs.  But its pretty non-modular and won't work at all with MMO.  I use Autosave manager as well as should everyone.  I have it to save after combat and discovery and also every 15 minutes or so.  I also found the UDE experience vastly different from the vanilla and its more "diablo-esk" due to its random encounter engine.  Which is neither good nor bad, just different.  With MMO, its more vanilla how vanilla should've been for the hardcore fan.  

I use follower mods as they are usually more interesting most of the time, I currently have Mirai and the girl from interesting NPC that you find in a cage in Brittlesomething pass and they are quite interesting, pun intended.  But I am more than happy to see them die and never set them to essential as that just takes away the "Risk".  So using DA and I am okay to see them die, especially given that there are like a zillion followers to choose from anyway.

Mirai is great fun, but she has this annoying habit of chucking this area affect type ice spell that hurts me and with DA, I am feeling more and more like a follower myself!  A taste of my own medicine!

Edit:  No no, it is super script heavy, possibly the heaviest scripted mod on the nexus, doesn't play well with a lot of other scripted mods running together.  I have tried it.  If you ask Tony for his load-order, you'll find it fairly spartan (pun intended) nothing like ours.  

Edited by Garfink

Found what I think is a typo...

SPERG

Description: Sperg overhauls all skill trees and adds automatic perks. Using this is optional and it can be used with other mods skill trees. 

Author: seorin

Optionals: None.

Special Instructions: In the override folder of SPERG are optional plugins to be loaded after SPERG that reverts chosen skills to vanilla. These optional plugins are only needed if you want to revert a skill to vanilla, not if you want to override a skill from SPERG with another mods skill tree EXCEPT if you want to use melee skills from another perk mod. Load SPERG before all other perk plugins in loadorder

In SPERG MCM menu:

untick enable salvage

BOSS Masterlist Update Required: (Updating Guide)

• SPERG.esp AFTER [insert name of first perk plugin in loadorder]
  • SPERG-DG.esp AFTER SPERG.esp
  • SPERG-DB.esp AFTER SPERG-DG.esp

LOOT Rules:

• Make sure SPERG plugins are loaded before any other perk plugins

You mean BEFORE, right? So SPERG is overwritten by perk plugins?

Fixed. As for your previous question, always untick renumber formids unless you know what you are doing.

How well is that "Autosave Manager" working for you?  Some of the posts make it sounds like ctd is a problem with it.  Has anyone tried "Dynamic Timescale now with Autosave"?  I've been thinking about trying it but it too seems like it could start getting a little funky.

I'd heard of Death Alternative but I guess I had never really looked at it that closely.  It sounds bad ass, especially for MMO users (death, it whispers in my ear ALL THE ******* TIME!!).  I'm definitely going to have to check it out.  Does it work as well as the description states?  Is Death Alternative - Survival a good add on to use with it? 

Edited by cstarkey42