Dreadflopps Modular patches

Had a look at supernatural AI, absolutely wonderful idea, its more like an overhaul than just an AI mod, it has more conflicts than you can shake a stick at.  It conflicts naturally with other AI mods, but it also conflicts with weapon and armor mods too as new keywords are added to magic items so ensure they work against the vampires and werewolves added by the mod.  Looks like a nightmare to get working.  

Interestingly there is a "hardcore" module that is quite similar to the High Level Enemies Hardcore module, that ensures that spawns spawn at maximum level for the dungeon.  Sounds nuts.  :)

Edited by Garfink

Just added many mods from the pack that I was missing, most notably, SPERG. I really hope I've done everything right cause I literally just spent quite a number of hours downloading and reading and patching as well as merging little mods such as Ash/Sulfur Rocks, Beards/Brows, DSAMG WEBSExtended and the like to reduce load order. My head is spinning a little, I'm on my fourth cup of coffee  :woot:

I've uninstalled Better Magic but kept Smithing Perks Overhaul and Stealth Skills Rebalanced because I really do like krypto's take on it. Had to chew that one up for awhile cause the SPERG's Smithing tree also looks quite appealing. 

One thing, on SPERG's mod page it says to only drag the SKSE folder to the (virtual) Data folder? Do I leave the Source folder where it is? I would've thought this also should be inside the Data folder? 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's a typo in the guide where it says to Bash tag mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp (Delev) I think you mean kuerteeGoldAdjustment.esp? In the previous section it says to deactivate mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp, so..

Anyway, I'm in for quite a change here! Hopefully I did everything right,. For now, I need a break.

I am the SkyRe user of the team, I am interested in how SPERG works out for you.  

Just went up 3 levels with my character whilst using "Classic Level Up", Works as advertise perfectly, very nice.

Edited by Garfink

Just added many mods from the pack that I was missing, most notably, SPERG. I really hope I've done everything right cause I literally just spent quite a number of hours downloading and reading and patching as well as merging little mods such as Ash/Sulfur Rocks, Beards/Brows, DSAMG WEBSExtended and the like to reduce load order. My head is spinning a little, I'm on my fourth cup of coffee  :woot:

I've uninstalled Better Magic but kept Smithing Perks Overhaul and Stealth Skills Rebalanced because I really do like krypto's take on it. Had to chew that one up for awhile cause the SPERG's Smithing tree also looks quite appealing. 

One thing, on SPERG's mod page it says to only drag the SKSE folder to the (virtual) Data folder? Do I leave the Source folder where it is? I would've thought this also should be inside the Data folder? 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's a typo in the guide where it says to Bash tag mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp (Delev) I think you mean kuerteeGoldAdjustment.esp? In the previous section it says to deactivate mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp, so..

Anyway, I'm in for quite a change here! Hopefully I did everything right,. For now, I need a break.

That is probably a typo but my brain is mosh at the moment and I can't seem to find Garfinks instructions so he has to clear it up. You do not need the SKSE folder of SPERG. That folder just contains a community uncapper ini file. I reccomend using the one reccomended inthe guide instead, from better leveling.

@Garfink: You have no idea how excited I am to continue this playthrough using SPERG. This has by far been my favorite playthrough ever, no less because of all the new learning experiences I've gained since I've arrived here at the forums with guys like yourself, Ess, CJ, Kulde and everyone else here. It's been a 720° turn from other playthroughs. SPERG is the next chapter!

@dread: Ah, I see now. Well, looking at the ini I am not sold tbh, will have to tweaked it quite a bit methinks.. For starters, I've changed the SkillCaps and SkillFormulaCaps, to what I currently have them. Obviously, these are meant to be edited, I mean, skill caps on all trees at 300 is just lame, imho. But I'm also very suspicious of the SkillExpGainMults and PCLevelSkillExpMults, I'll tweak them as I get a feeling for SPERG. 

PerksAtLevelUp is set to 2=2, 3=0.625, which resulted in me having 19 perk points to spend when I first loaded the game! And perks on trees I haven't put a single perk on before. Dunno.. should I edit that to 2=1, 46=0.625? Going to try that.

EDIT: Nope, still got 19 perks to spend.. Must I rerun ASIS, Wrye Bash, etc?

Edited by phryxolydian

Went into SPERG's MCM menu and reseted my perks and when it successfully did so, I had 74 (!) perks to spend. Uh.. WHAT?! I'm level 45. Can you help me out, dread? You use SPERG, don't you? I've no idea what the heck to do. Could you, perhaps, talk about your setup using SPERG? Like having permanent buffs from eating and that sort of thing just seems a too generous, you know. Which options do you think are too overpowering?

Edited by phryxolydian

I don't use SPERG, rather SkyRe, so I can't help you with balance settings, but you can adjust the number of perk points you have to spend with SkyTweak, under 'Misc' IIRC.

With PerksAtLevelUp is set to 2=2, 3=0.625, you should have (level-2)*0.625+2 perk points, so perhaps use SkyTweak to set it to 28 and go from there?

IIRC tho, I think SPERG gives you certain bonus perks to skill trees at 25, 50, 75 and 100 in each skill, and perhaps the additional perks points you are seeing are due to these being reset as well?

I'm guessing SPERG, like most perk mods, is designed to be played with a new character in mind. You will probably need to play with the number of perks (and the selected perks themselves) over the next few hours to get a feel as how they play compared to your old perk system and balance accordingly. I'm pretty sure the reason the PerksAtLevelUp is set to award less perks than vanilla is because either the SPERG perks are more powerful, or to compensate for the automatic perks if I'm right about that, or both, so bear than it mind. 

Edited by shaunlewis

@shaun: Hey thanks, man. I appreciate your help. I figured I'd run into this kind of trouble when I decided to install SPERG, with a high level character. Thing is, even if only set it to spend 28 perks, all my leveling is off 'cause, for example, Heavy Armor is at 92 and One Handed is at 103, same with other trees, to a lesser extent, so that translates to many additional perks if SPERG gives you extra perks at level 25, 50, etc. It's going to be tough to rebalance this but I'm still glad I've done this.. bring new life into the game. I think I'll try your way first, and see how it goes. Hopefully I won't become even more of a wimp against HLE's lol.

Since I'm procrastinating, I had a quick download and look at SPERG for you.

If you have a look at perktrees.html inside the SPERG > Readme directory, you find find a list of the automatically awarded perks and the levels they are given.

If you want to get yourself close to what you might be if you had played from the start, try going trough the list and adding these perks according to level you are at (you should have the first perk in every tree), and then give yourself 28 (or even 29, since I'm not sure how the engine will handle the ~4/5ths of perk point you have in the background at level 45, you probably lost it) of your choice on top. 

For example, rather than giving you an extra 4 perk points to spent on what you like with one handed at 103, you would have been awarded:

Armsman (Novice),   Training (Apprentice)   Parry (Adept),   Mobility (Expert)   Riposte (Master)

before you factor in your own choice of perks.  

If you use somewhere near 74 perks total, you know you have done it right.  

Edited by shaunlewis

Will definitely take a look into that. Thanks a bunch, shawn.

So far I've spent the 28 perks and although I'm obviously 17 perks shorter than before, it feels almost "right". I have an almost completed Heavy Armor tree. I'm not that excited about the One Handed tree tbh but still, I think I'm going to give it a go this way first, without automatic perks. It'll make it more challenging and exciting to develop a character which is already level 45 and still has loads of perks to choose from. Even then, because of the penalties I've put on the SCU's ini, I won't be able to pick quite a few perks anyway. All magic, except enchanting is capped at 50 (enchanting 75), Pickpocket is capped at 25, etc.. We'll see, I've still have to actually play!

Skytweaks was another one of the mods I installed together with SPERG and I don't quite get the hang of it yet. My script system isn't known for it's quickness so hopefully the scripts used won't cause this bloody thing to implode. From what I read, seems like a pretty safe mod. Some of the options are not totally clear to me yet but I'll figure it out.

So what's your set up? Do you only use SkyRe or do you use some of the mods in this pack? Do share.

Edited by phryxolydian

Hi Garfink,

1) Are you recommend using ERSO 18 & 29 in your rebalance project? I saw a note in the guide not to use it, but I found them in you shared load order.

2) Are you recommend Wet and cold at all?

For dreadflopp / Garfink

1) Any BUM rule for Extended Encounters.esp?

2) When merging "aMidianBornContentAddon Deleveler Patch.esp" and "aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp" - Should we check or uncheck Renumber FormIDs in Merge Plugins script?

Thank you very much.

Edited by thaiusmle

@phryxolydian you seem to have solved the problems with SPERG and the number of perks. I do not use it, Nicopad uses SPERG. The default game multiplier for perks is 1, which gives you 1 perk/level. Default SPERG is 0.5, which gives you  a perk every 2nd  level. 0.625 is a trade off for when mixing SPERG with other mods that doesn't have automatic perks, like kryptopyrs. I have never switched perk overhaul midgame but fixing it with SkyTweak seemed to work?

The reason of SkillExpGainMults and PCLevelSkillExpMults is to balance skills and really slow down leveling as it is way too fast in fast in vanilla. You might disagree though and if you do lower these numbers or download the devil edition of better leveling. Raising skills to a too high level is not really recommended since it might have negative impact on the game balance. What too high is I don't know since I never reaches that high levels, Garfink might have some insights on that.

Edited by dreadflopp

Hi Garfink,

1) Are you recommend using ERSO 18 & 29 in your rebalance project? I saw a note in the guide not to use it, but I found them in you shared load order. 

2) Are you recommend Wet and cold at all?

For others/ Garfink

1) Any BUM rule for Extended Encounters.esp?

2) When merging "aMidianBornContentAddon Deleveler Patch.esp" and "aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp" - Should we check or uncheck Renumber FormIDs in Merge Plugins script?

Thank you very much.

1) I am testing them at the moment, I don't see any fundamental reason why they can't be used with my load-order.

2) Tough question, "depends on your system" (hate this sentence).  If you are using the same mods I am, the answer is NO.  I have a UBER computer 4.5Ghz, SSD everything, 32Gb RAM, Watercool, Titan and I have issues, so I can't imagine why other people running the same thing wouldn't have issues.  I don't miss W&C at all, you will too.

3) I just use Loot.  I can have a look-see where loot places it for you later. 

4) I am not even sure I have this patch, need to check, probably have it under a different name, what does it do Dreadflopp? 

Edited by Garfink
  • +1 1