Vurts stress test with ENB and ugrids 7?

Spock

Question

Hey,

does anyone with STEP:Extended, ugrids 7 with extended far visibility (grass, objects, foliage), skse memory patch and a demanding ENB have data for Vurt's stress test (tcl + player.setav speedmult 1500 and fly around for 5 minutes)? I usually crash about 2 minutes into it, but I could probably use a new install anyway, windows included. It would be helpful to know if people can get a setup like this stable though.

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

I dont have the setup at the moment, but i did a few weeks back, before i wiped everything and went for a fresh hardware and OS install. STEP Extended with ugrids 7 with extended visibility (maxed out sliders, not more), was no problem with vurts speed test. Easily could go over 5 minutes. I did occasionally have a CTD, but on average 5 minutes was entirely reachable. 

I did however stutter pretty badly. I was using all HQ versions of mods, all DDSopted to 2048 max (less for exteriors and exterior normal), and my VRAM usage was hitting 2GB+ in exteriors (gtx 560 Ti 2GB). Even interiors were on average about 1.4GB. I couldnt get the game to load without ENBoost, would crash due to 3.1GB load limit.

Sorry i cant supply you with anything more concrete that hearsay, but it was possible for me.

Edited by MadWizard25

Thanks for the info!

I kind of have a bad feeling that my graphics card might be at fault. One time my system crashed right after exiting Skyrim, blackscreen. A known problem with powercolor r9 290 pcs+. At best it's the driver, I switched from ATI to NVidia about 5 times with this install (once for my 280x, 3 times for each 290 since my replacement card was an old 8800 gts) and crashed it a couble of dozen times during overclocking. Even windows 7 can only take so much punishment.

Did you try that with an ENB btw?

Edited by Spock

I was unable to use an ENB. I tried, but the sudden drops in fps, which was essentially the cause of stuttering, were even more pronounced with ENBs. Turning in a direction too quickly was never easy. I did find the the ENBoost setting enableunsafememoryhacks helped reduce stuttering, which was the only setting/ fix that helped, and without any ENB preset. It made the game playable, but not much more than that. Besides, there was an alleged stability trade off, but i didnt really notice the game being more CTD prone or anything. I came to the conclusion that it was hardware limit issue, hence i upgraded. 

This is the second thread here that is stating issues with the AMD Radeon 2xx series of cards...a pattern is emerging.

It's "just" some of the 290(x) series of cards suffering from blackscreen issues. It might have been a bad batch, the cause isn't very clear. The best explaination I have found so far are problems with memory dimm power.

Edited by Spock