Northern Bathhouses by dourdendevire

Kuldebar

Northern_Bathhouses_CLEAN

Posted Image

Remember yourself travelling a long road and making your way through the frozen Skyrim tundra, fighting dragons and camping outside? Well, I think we all know what it is. And I always thought that there is something missing when I return home. Some place to relax, - but the tavern is not enough for full relaxation in such a cold, windy land. So I decided to add a bathhouse to the each of the cities. I've added one in Markarth, Solitude, Morthal, Whiterun, Dawnstar and Riften. The bathhouses are not just separate buildings or cells. They are closely connected to each city they are in. Each bathhouse has its own name, style (depending on the city's appearance and prosperity) and citizens know about its existence, so they will rest there during the evening after work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...Markarth, Solitude, Morthal, Whiterun, Dawnstar and Riften.

Immersive Settlements version available as well.

I didn't find this mod listed in the WIKI or the Forums on search.

The mod has (finally!) been cleaned and the NavMesh issues addressed with Arthmoor's assistance. BOSS still hasn't been updated on the error, it appears according to forum posts.

Edited by Kuldebar

This mod has been pretty well done (though quite a few improvements can be made).

Some time ago, we looked at this mod for REGS. Not to make this a topic about REGS, but here's an FYI for the pack's users: this mod has numerous conflicts with multiple city mods and cannot be used with the pack in its current form.

Edited by Nearox

This mod has been pretty well done (though quite a few improvements can be made).Some time ago, we looked at this mod for REGS. Not to make this a topic about REGS, but here's an FYI for the pack's users: this mod has numerous conflicts with multiple city mods and cannot be used with the pack in its current form.

That's a shame really, the mod seems pretty great :/ Maybe compatibility can be achieved by moving the houses? Still, very lore-friendly and a good rest after slaying a bajillion dragons is always welcome :p

That's a shame really, the mod seems pretty great :/ Maybe compatibility can be achieved by moving the houses? Still, very lore-friendly and a good rest after slaying a bajillion dragons is always welcome :p

Too many incompatibilities though: Dawn of Whiterun, Dawn of Windhelm (and all those other windhelm mods), ETaC navmeshes, Perseid's inns... It would require 6 different patches at least by itself :P

Edited by CJ2311

But, what type of conflicts? Major clipping?  Crashes due to navmesh collisions?

I use all the "Dawns" out there, with the exception of Dawn of Whiterun, because it's bugged in some weird way and it also makes NPC Braith invisible on my system ( lol )

When I was using Dawn of Whiterun before with Bathhouses I don't recollect having an issue. I BOSS sorted, and was more concerned with the navmesh deletions, so I stopped using NB in my playthroughs.

But, my curiousity is engaged, I wonder what the Dawn of Windhelm adds that conflicts with NB's entrance. Haven't made it tehre in game yet.

Oh I was referring to navmesh incompatibility, seeing as how Dawn of Windhelm changes the navmesh of the areas of city near the bathhouses, that will result in NPCs being unable to enter the bathhouses if Dawn of Windhelm is loaded last. (And if it's loaded first, then the NPCs might get stuck, or have some weird behaviour of the sort), same goes for all other mods that change windhelm's navmesh (Pit Fighters, Skyrim Sewers, or Interesting NPCs for instance)

Dawn of Whiterun does not have navmesh conflicts, but it does add clutter and a merchant near the bathhouse, which means clipping.

ETaC is pretty self explanatory since that mod changes entire villages.

And perseid's inns change the navmesh of inns, including the winking skeever and the bee and barb, so there'll be issues with the doors to both of these bathhouses, meaning NPCs won't be able to use the doors as well.

I use all the "Dawns" out there, with the exception of Dawn of Whiterun, because it's bugged in some weird way and it also makes NPC Braith invisible on my system ( lol )

Is that not a bug of SFO 2.0? Haven't seen anything during like that during all the testing with Dawn of Whiterun.

@CJ2311

Well, that's irritating information, thanks...I guess lol.

Navmeshes are the bane of existence, seems like it would be a good idea to avoid changing them in the first place, especially for "clutter" mods" (which I roughly classify the "Dawns" mod series)...

Is that not a bug of SFO 2.0? Haven't seen anything during like that during all the testing with Dawn of Whiterun.

It impacts some objects in Dawn of Whiterun as well, presumably for the same reason as the flora stuff.

Has anyone experienced the decorations in front of Bannered Mare being transparent when looked at from certain angles? Especially just after you leave the inn and look up... The ropes and colourful flags are semi transparent in my game.I didn't do much testing around it, will do soon, but maybe someone experienced that before.Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

For what its worth, I took the time to clean the mod up and rewrite many of the scripts. Check the comments section on the Nexus. This mod is much cleaner and safer to use at this point (no deleted navmeshes, no errors). I posted a list of what work I perceived still needed doing as I lack both the time and skill to do it. This is, in part, a humble request for a better modder than I am to improve things further, now that some of the clean-up work has been done.

I use this with JKs Cities Superlite with no evident issues other than the Whiterun bath being rather close to Arcadia's garden. It's probably still incompatible with Immersive Citizens.

Edited by Harpalus