MO Profile-specific Shortcut with SKSE not working

Aboogie1

Question

I tried to set up windows shortcuts for my different MO profiles with " -p SKSE" at the end of the TARGET field as suggested by Tannin, but haven't been able to get it working. This is what I have in the TARGET field: "...ModOrganizer.exe" -p Hart SKSE

Clicking the shortcut starts MO and then runs SKSE like it's supposed to, but my ENB ini settings are no longer forcing borderless fullscreen or giving me the message that graphic modifications are turned off like they should be, I get the Missing ESPs warning before loading my save, which isn't missing esps in the specified profile, then CTD right after trying to load it. I tried putting the -p SKSE command inside the quotes, but it doesn't allow me to. Is there something I'm missing?

I have been following this on the nexus forum. This is how I have it set up:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe -p "2014-01-01 STEP Modded 2 skse_loader.exe"

EDIT: in my rush to get to work, I provided the wrong info

This is in the windows desktop shortcut. Create the standard Windows shortcut and add the -p stuff, but I can not get Skyrim to launch.

Tannin did say that SKSE is case sensitive so it should read like this: -p whatevernameofyourprofileis SKSE after ModOrganizer.exe. And I'm pretty sure it must go outside the quotes, as Windows will not let me put it inside. It launches MO and then skse for me, but the profile isn't loaded and for some reason the game isn't reading my ENB ini correctly, which is in my Data folder, not MO's virtual folder.

Ok, I sat down and tried to get this to work the syntax for this is:

<-p> , where:

Is the path to the MO executable.

<-p> is the command line switch for MO.

is the name of a profile in MO. May need to be one word.

Is the named shortcut in MO to SKSE loader.

in my system the shortcut looks like this:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer step\ModOrganizer.exe" -p CurrentPlay SKSE.

Running the shortcut, MO will launch Skyrim through SKSE with the profile CurrentPlay.

Except that when continue is selected from an in progress game you get a warning about missing ESPs and if a new game is selected you get stuck in an infinite screen with the dragon logo.

Because this is the first time I have heard of this method of running the game through MO, I can't say what else to do. Maybe Tannin can shed some light on this.

This is a very promising possibility, but doesn't seem to work in its current state. I don't really know how command line switches work, like if these switches are defined within MO or Windows. Maybe they're a future MO feature Tannin hasn't worked all the bugs out of yet, and that's why it isn't documented on the description or readme tabs yet. If so, I'm looking forward to it.

You guys need some lessons with shortcuts ;)

1. Make a new SKSE shortcut in Mod Organizer (use the drop-down menu)

2. On your desktop, go to the shortcut and right-click, Properties

3. In the target line, navigate to the middle between "path/to/modorganizer.exe" and "path/to/skse_loader.exe"

4. In between those two, type in

-p "Profile Name"
5. Hit Apply.

6. Play!

GDSFan had it right all except for one thing, which my method above does automatically for you. The Start In field must also point to your Skyrim directory.