Companions stay incapacitated longer during combat (by Jackfuzz)

Noved742

A simple mod that increases the bleedout time for followers, so they stay incapacitated longer.  I always disliked my followers getting knocked down, and then getting back up like 5 seconds later to keep fighting with full health.  I sometimes felt like I could just block and run around to stall the enemies until Lydia would get back up and kill some of the enemies, get knocked back down, rinse and repeat.  Luckily, I found this mod.  This feels much more immersive, where if someone is injured they will go down for a few minutes.

Don't worry, if combat is over they will stand up immediately, so you aren't waiting around once the enemies are killed.  Also, if your companion is in a bleedout state you can use a healing spell on them to help them stand back up and get back into the fight.  I think this mod is especially useful if you are using multiple followers, since it makes it harder for your followers to continuously attack an enemy (like playing whac-a-mole) as they go in and out of bleedout state.

I checked in TES5Edit, and it seems to only alter a single value fBleedoutRate, so it shouldn't have any compatibility issues or cause any problems.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50031/

Going to test it. The nice thing for WB users is that it can be merged in the Bashed Patch.

The BleedOutRate is at 250 compared to 15 for Vanilla. Seems a little too big of a change to me. Will try at 125 too.

This in seconds' date=' right?[/quote']

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure. Which is why I'm actually going to test it at an even lower value first, like 30 or 45 - it's going to be easier to monitor that way.

This affects all essential or protected NPCs' date=' not just followers right?[/quote']

It's a basic game setting. Everything which refers to fBleedoutRate should be affected.

I tested it with Delphine in the Sleeping Giant Inn.  I could be mistaken, but it seemed to not affect her bleedout time (she would kneel down and then several seconds later get back up, even while I was in the middle of a long fight with guards).  However my follower Larkspur (from 3dNPC) and a hired Ranger (from Travellers of Skyrim)  both would crouch down for a long period of time, although if I cast healing hands on either they would get up immediately.  

There's a similar function in AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks) called No Combat Recovery but it seemed more buggy, where the follower would lay down like they were slain, and then suddenly respawn after combat (sometimes initially a floating head and then armor a few seconds later).

Right, I was just trying to reply to someone's question on whether this affects all protected and essential NPCs or whether it was just followers.  I think you are absolutely correct in that in only affects followers (which is what I wanted anyways) without causing other essential or protected NPCs to kneel down for too long.  Although I can't 100% confirm it since I'm not skilled enough in TES5Edit or CK to check to see which NPCs are affected by fBleedoutRate. 

I think the question, though, is why a change to a game setting would only apply to followers. Follower mods look for NPCs in the CurrentFollowerFaction or alter the quest or scripts related to followers. They are specifically designed to look for followers and have to somehow designate this. Game Settings are generally used universally by the game without such selectivity. I also find it curious that the changes from this mod apply only to followers. It may just be the way that particular setting works, but it would be a bit unusual.