Realistic Boat Travel by Thicketford

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46831

As it turns out Thicketford has a nice little collection of little immersion mods! This one adds...

...several boats to rivers and one on the coast that can be used as a fast travel system. They are similar to the carriages in how they work. Simply activate the boat and choose your destination.

Boats must be purchased or repaired before they can be used (one time only).

There is only one boat per 'route'. e.g. If you take the boat from Riverwood to the Guardian stones, the boat will stay at the guardian stones until you use it again.

If you can't remember where you left your boat, open up your world map and you will see its location as a map marker.

I think scenic boats would be awesome but a nightmare for any mod author....

Of course it would.
Thats why we love them, they go through hell to create beautiful modular gems, and we give them internet compliments and gratitude. Most nodders just mod because its fun and love seeing the skyrim community be baffled by their creations

• 1 month later...

A quick update on this one. I checked the mod in TES5EDIT and couldn't find any conflicts with my over 220 ESPs set up, which is good. I briefly tested 2 boats, the one in Riverwood where you need to buy it and the one in Whiterun where you need to repair it. Both worked perfectly fine, the items required for repair were available at the forge, and I was able to succesfully travel with both boats. 

Even through I've only run a brief test on this one (I trust in Thicketford's modding skils :) ), it felt like this feature was part of the vanilla game straight away. I think it's a great addition! 

The only constructive comment I would have so far is regarding the Whiterun's boat - it's quite unrealistic to have it where it is, the stream is way to shallow to use the boat there. It would feel more realistic (and that word is part of this mod's name! ;) ) if the boat was placed somewhere at the bridge near Honningbrew Meadery. But it's not a biggie, just a minor inconvenience I'd say.

Overall, I'd encourage anyone to try this mod out - almost guarantee you'll love it!