A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

A quick note...I ended up removing "Lost Wonders of Mzark" because I discovered that it just kept accumulating instances of the "_lw_finalboss1" script in my savegame.  I don't know if it actually caused any issues, or if anyone else would have the same problem.  I keep a tight control over my script lag, and measure it occasionally to make sure it stays in a good range (average less than 75ms), so I know I was not having any script lag issues.  I felt it was just better to be safe, though, and nix it early rather than wait until an issue does come up.  I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied anyway.

Good discovery. That is really something to report to the author though :)

Hey CJ

I'm wondering about my load order.  Right now I have etac, then elfx, then 3dnpc, with mods in between, of course.  Jenna said to place etac behind 3dnpc and you had said before that you didn't understand why 3dnpc was so low in the order so I'm wondering if it would be best to move 3dnpc before etac so they are both before elfx.  This would also allow me to put the regs patches before elfx, like you suggest.  My main worry is putting 3dnpc so much higher in the load order (boss has it at 201, putting it just in front of etac-complete would move it to 157) and, obviously, I don't want it to start giving me problems if other mods affect the same edits (leading boss to place it so low to begin with).  I just wanted to check with you and see what you would recommend.

Thanks.

Send me your load order via PM and I'll tell you if it's fine to move it up in your case. But you know, a simpler solution would be to actually move ETaC after 3DNPC's current position in your load order. :P

Also, seeing as how the in-built compatibility only appeared in this version of ETaC, I haven't had the time to add a BUM rule for it yet. I'll have to check whether it's fine to move 3DNPC higher up in the load order with a STEP extended + REGS setup.

Concerning merging plugins: Merging the REGS patches and the ETaC patches together is fine, just make sure you load them all after their masters, and check them for errors before merging (if you find an error, it might be due to an outdated mod/patch)

Also, if you really want to make sure everything is fine with the navmeshes, you can esmify all of the merged plugin's masters, then open said merged plugin in the CK and save it. That will recreate the NAVI record. But it's kind of overkill if you ask me.

Also, concerning mod suggestions, I just want to note that I tend to stay away from mods that affect a small single building. (Especially when it's something like the Bannered Mare, Jorrvaskr, or Warmaiden's, which have hundreds of mods that add/change stuff to them, which usually ends up with conflicts, clipping items and erratic lighting)

• +1 3

dum question prolly...but noticed NMM lists that the REGS-Cities esp has merged Better Docks Regs and Better City Entrances Reg. so does tht mean I don't need those mods esps? like how Idon't need lighthouse and sewer ones?

oh and I was having lotsa navmesh pathing issues in front of Hlaalu farms (close to windhelm) but the latest 3.3 REGS seems to have fixed that. graci!

edit- oh and should Better City Entrances Regs esp be after all REGS and ETAC stuff? i had it above and just read it should be below. i moved below and seems like lots of things are no longer at entrances, like spikes and bodies at Windhelm

Edited by Necrokat

NMM must be drunk if it's telling you that. Better Docks and Better City Entrances must be downloaded from their respective mod pages.

If you want the spikes and bodies at the entrance of Windhelm, you must use the regular version of Better City Entrances (not the REGS version). But keep in mind that the regular version is not compatible with Touring Carriages, if you're using that mod.

Regarding SR:LE + REGS' Expanded Town's and Cities... Nowhere does it state to include SMIM or Wet and Cold: Holidays patches. Is this purposeful, due to the REGs patch covering it?

On a side note, I assume I should include the ETaC Requiem patch option since I plan on layering that on top as well?

EDIT: Regarding the SR:LE REGS conflict resolution page... There are two conflicting edits within the wiki.

Cell Block 7 Sub-Block 8 0001380F WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance

• Use record from ELE – Interior Lighting.esp.
  • Copy the Owernship and the XCMO – Music Type records from CWIELnFXPatch.esp.

and

Cell Block 7 Sub-Block 8 0001380F <WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance>

• Use record from ELE-Interior Lighting.esp.
  • Copy the XOWN - Owner and the XCMO - Music Type from CollegeofWinterholdImmersive.esp

Both reference 0001380F WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance, and both state to use XCMO - Music Type records from CollegeofWinterholdImmersive.esp.

I assume the last edit is correct?

Edited by Geheiligt

In other news, I just finished Ogmunds Tomb and really liked it. Felt like a big vanilla bandit/draugr dungeon in a good way. Fits fine with ETaC, no conflicts. Great lighting and atmosphere with Serenity ENB. Can't wait to play the author's other 2 dungeon mods (installed, just need to find & explore).

Have you played Pedgrag's other 2 dungeons yet? I completed Windcallers_Pass last night. I really like his designs. The only downside to me (which can be overlooked) is that the main treasure was too OP. But on the whole very nicely done with a good story like Ogmunds Tomb. BTW I merged his 3 dungeon mods into 1 esp (without unpacking) and so far no problems.

I've only completed Ogmund's Tomb, so far. I've been tweaking my Skyrim setup, switched off ELFX and on to Relighting Skyrim, Jawz has updated ELE btw.

I've been distracted by setting up Fallout TTW, and dogfighting in Star Citizen (so many games, so little time).

I've been having great success with merged patches.

Merged Plugins

Early Order Mods;Moss RocksBeardsDisease DescriptionsBetter Dynamic SnowAsh RocksChesko Lore-based Loading ScreensCorrect Gender Animations DGNeutral HjerimDisease Descriptions DBORM ArvakAnimated Weapon EnchantsDG Rune Weapon FX ReplacerBrowsDragon Shout VoiceDisease Descriptions DGClams Drop PearlsMoss Rocks DBPhysics Impact Damage FixSymphonies of SkyrimArrow Duration 60True EyesNo Combat Boundaries LegendaryOpen ContainerSG EyebrowsSulfur RocksWebs ExtendedWaterbreathing Breathless EmergeHumans Drop Human PartsIHSS

Middle Order Mods;Better White Phial EffectSoul Gems DifferRandom ThunderSkyrim Coin Replacer ReduxUnderstone Keep RepairsRV MarkersCorrect Gender Animations DBCorrect Gender AnimationsBOYDSolsteim The Lost LevelsSPT Consistent Older PeopleDiverse PriestsDiverse Priests BOYD patchDiverse Priests COP patchHeight Adjusted Races w/ True GiantsXCESPP Ogmund's Tomb

Late Order Mods;Dawn of RiftenBeautiful WhiterunDaggercross AlleyLegendary Companion PerkDungeon Quest AwarenessSnowbound AcresdD No Spinning Death AnimationBlessings Altar DescriptionsPilgrims DelightThe Paarthurnax DilemmaOblivion Black Soul Gem CreationHigh Hrothgar OverhaulSword of SigdanBlock SparklesGildergreen RegrownPP Windcaller PassPP Engelmann Rest

ACE Complete SPO SSR patch Merged;Smithing Perks Overhaul RemadeACE Archery DragonbornACE ArcheryACE ArmorACE BYOGACE EnchantingACE MagicACE MeleeACE Realistic FightingACE SmithingACE SpeechACE SynergySSR ACE Armor Patch

Alternate Start Complete Cooking Expansion;Cooking Expanded DBCampfire CookingCampfire Cooking - AlchemyCooking ExpandedCooking Expanded HFCooking AlchemyCampfire Cooking - DBCampfire Cooking - DGAlternate Start - Live Another LifeCampfire Cooking - Live Another LifeHelgen Imperial Armory

AOS Patches;AOS FIO patchAOS EBT patchAOS W&C patchAOS RWT2 patchAOS GDO patchAOS WAF patchAOS DCOdb patch

Armory Merged;Insanity's Sorrow.espDragonBoneEbonsteel.espDifferently Ebony.espskyforgedWeapons.espGladiatorArmor.espcalyps-bosmer.esphaebonyblade1handed.espebonymaillight.espexecutionerarmor.espLore Weapon Expansion - Goldbrand.espLore Weapon Expansion.espAethEbonyCrownReplacer.espThird Era - Dwemer.esplefthandrings - dawnguard.esplefthandrings.espLore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.espBosmerArmorMATY743.espAMB Glass Variants Lore.espInsanity's Shields.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espUnique Uniques.espisilNarsil.espskyforgedShields.espSniperBowPack.espElemental Staves.espJetDwemerBows_DG.espInsanity's Chrysamere.espInsanity's Umbra Sword.espInsanity's Empire Longswords.espFunctionalBags.esp

ELE EDWS RS Merged;ELE-Spell and Torch Lighting.espRelighting Skyrim - Update.espRelightingSkyrim.espRelighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.espRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.espRelighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.espELE-FX Emittance.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espELE-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espELE-Weathers.espELE Dragonborn-Weathers.espenhanceddynamicweathersystem.espELE-Imagespaces.esp

ETaC Merged*;Better City EntrancesETaC Complete TK Children patchETaC Complete LoS patchHearthfire Chimneys ETaCRBB Row Boats HF* No Nav Data

ISC Merged Patches;ISCompendium AOS PatchISCompendium CCO PatchISCompendium EBT Patch

Lakeview Merged;HF Lakeview Avant Garden PerformanceLights Lakeview ManorLlewellyn FemaleLakeview Manor Fish Hatchery

New Lands Merged;Skyfalls DB FS Small WaterfallsSkyfalls Skymills DG DB FS WTFalskaar TK patchRBB Long & Row Boats New LandsFalskaar WildlifeRW2 Waves FSHearthfire Chimneys FalskaarFalskaar CloudsRW2 Waves WTbhabhilon

TK Merged;Hearthfire Multikid PNP PatchPNP TK PatchTK Children DBTK Children HFTK Children V

Wardrobe UNP;UNP Fence Net Body SetAradia Kato OutfitScarlet Dawn ArmorMashup UNPUNP Leather Cami and Shortsel Gilded Doublet SetTavern Clothes MTMUNP Academy DropoutUNP Black VinylUNP Smithy SexUNP Snap up Booty Shorts and TopUNP Boots 02UNP Boots 04UNP Leather ClothesCalyps InvestigatorLight Blades ArmorBlack Sacrament Armor DB ReplacerBlack Sacrament Armor (ACE Patched)Bouncy Bodices Booties Belts Stockings

* I've reviewed all my merged plugins in Wrye Bash and edited the load orders (3, July, 2014)

I'm looking forward to the spider oriented dungeon PP did, but I need to level up my latest character. I'll be exploring both that & Bleak Falls Barrow at level 20ish, I've never done BFB that late in the game before. I've got the mod Lorraine the Bandit in the mix, and it sounds more interesting with higher level monsters in BFB.

Edited by redirishlord

Thanks for the merge mod update. Wow, you'll finish up with only a handful of esp's soon! I bought a nearly dozen games on the Steam sale and so far haven't played any. Not enough time for them AND Skyrim. I'm also at the stage of reducing my mods. Thinking about starting from scratch with MO.

Are you not already an MO kid? I finally switched from Wrye/BAIN a month or so back, and I'm really enjoying the additionAl features of MO. I didn't like having to load mods individually instead of just dragging and dropping my entire archive by STEP section, but ultimately sml price to pay for switching up to more features and support.

As far as reducing my number of plugins to where my load order slides into Skyrim like a hotdog down a hallway, I always seem to find a few more to shoehorn into the mix.

@redirishlord

I've been working on making the switch to ACE as well and was wondering if you had to unpack the bsas in order to get the merge to work.  I wasn't going to include ace smithing since I plan on using spo but I like how you set it up.  It looks like you get the benefits of ace smithing while having the perk tree from spo, is that correct?

Thanks.

• +1 1

I actually wanted to keep the ACE smithing perk tree (& did) as well as CCOR/SPO compatibility. I need to check in TES5Edit to make sure I'm getting benefits from SPO and avoiding conflicts, but it all looks good in game so far. If you like SPO for perks, just drop ACE smithing from your line up.

I let MO handle my BSA, no unpacking. When running the merge script I use the default options, except in the two cases marked with *

ACE is great with Stealth Skills Rebalanced Full (& Kryptopyr's other mods) and Deadly Combat (I prefer it to Duel & it includes hit locations without killing my Papyrus, disclaimer: I do not use Frostfall).