Dramatic Clouds by Anarin

DoYouEvenModBro

I saw this on Neo's SR:LE guide but couldn't find it in the mods section of this forum.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4910/?

Description: 

Improves the clouds for rain, snow, overcast, cloudy weather, horizon, mountains and distant clouds. In the ultra and high versions the resolution is double the vanilla resolution. This mostly translates to a jump from 512^2 to 1024^2. The exceptions are the distant clouds (from 1024x256 to 2048x512) and the mountain mists (from 256x2048 to 512x4096).

The clouds are also smoother than the vanilla version. This reduces the pixelation that's pretty visible when looking straight up. These textures are stretched across the sky, which means any grain becomes that much more visible, hence why I've tried to minimize that.

Pick Ultra for the least pixelation (compression: 8.8.8.8 ARGB), High for a happy medium (compression: DXT5), and Medium for performance at the cost of quality (compression: DXT5).

((Be aware that whichever sunglare you're using (vanilla definitely), that it also adds to graininess.))

I must have been dreaming... but I could have sworn I gave the answer to you on this just a few days ago bro lol! :)

No it is a vanilla texture replacer.. CoT uses its own textures.

I believe it was removed from STEP for performance reasons actually, since if you ddsopt it etc.. then it kinda ruins the point of it.

Neo... The helgen intro is vanilla.. CoT weathers are not loaded until first weather transition after the starting cave... not sure how the live another life stuff works...

But there are NO CoT weathers that have vanilla cloud textures assigned... a few might look the same but they are unique CoT textures.

Unless both me and prod have missed something entirely... which is always an option ofc. :)

CoT actually uses some of these clouds as well if you look at the file conflicts and in game :).

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

don't know what file conflicts you are seeing, but the path for CoT textures is /sky/climatesoftamriel

path for Dramatic Clouds textures is /sky/

Well that as well! :)

What you got cooking in that mod list of yours neo! You aint sharing the goodies I think! :p

Actually, this was added to my personal load order from the beginning. From the comment thread (Aug 2013) Ewi65 said it does in fact affect the game even with CoT (maybe the vanilla weathers portion only). Personally, I have seen it improve some weather conditions... It might be outdated with the weather patch since that was added recently ofc, your the weather expert so you tell me! When I originally tested it, rainy weather was the most affected.