Beta version 1.1

DoubleYou

Question

Tannin has released a new version as a beta. Looks like this release has quite the amount of additions!

Version 1.1.0

- nxmhandler will now ask before registering itself

- downloads from nexus are now displayed before file information is retrieved

- logging from the ui is now a bit more informative

- download list now scrolls to bottom automatically

- download manager now removed orphaned meta files

- directory tree for mod installations now supports overwriting leafs

- Mod Organizer can now display most image types (including dds) and txt files from the data

tree, presenting a comparison of variants in case of overwritten files

- implemented hook for NtQueryDirectoryFile

- saves list is now automatically updated on FS changes

- optimization: data tree widget is no longer filled completely at once but one directory at a time

- added an about dialog

- updated json library

- when a download server returns a text file, it's assumed to be an error and the text displayed as an error

- save games can now be deleted from inside MO

- boss integration

- plugin list can now also display multiple flags for a file (like the mod list)

- changed some compiler&linker settings to produce smaller binaries

- bugfix: download manager didn't stop automatically resuming failed downloads under certain circumstances

- bugfix: uninstalled downloads were treated as not-finished when refreshing the download list

- bugfix: updating the filesystem watcher on the saves directory didn't work correctly

- bugfix: there was still a nmm.nexusmods.com link

- bugfix: the text "alpha" in version strings wasn't interpreted correctly

"- Mod Organizer can now display most image types (including dds) and txt files from the data

tree, presenting a comparison of variants in case of overwritten files". 

Haven't tried the beta yet but this sounds like an extremely useful feature.

Bugs with Boss integration

-doesn't use the userlist from BUM. You have to manually place your userlist inside ModOrganizer/boss directory.

-ESPs/ESMs located in the real data directory trump the ones overwriting them inside Mod Organizer. In other words, if you have the original Bethesda uncleaned ESMs in your actual data directory and have the cleaned versions installed and enabled in Mod Organizer, it will use the uncleaned ones in the actual data directory, causing messages telling you that they need to be cleaned.

-You have to have in your userlist Overrides for the unofficial patches if you are using version 2.0, as sorting results in invalid data otherwise.

-There's another bug somewhere, but more obscure. It only occurs when you have a userlist like mine I suppose. It always gives me an error about invalid data and doesn't follow all my changes according to the userlist. I tried taking all comments out to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't. Maybe it doesn't support items being sorted to the Top and Bottom of Boss sections?

-all messages and flags are removed upon restart.

-after sort, although the list may be sorted by priority order, some of them are mixed up, so you have to click on the Priority column again for it to sort correctly. This may only happen when it errors?

Still testing.

The DDS Viewer is something I've always wanted in Mod Organizer. I wish it was in the conflicts tab of the Mod Information dialog box however.

Regarding the bugs:

1. This isn't a bug. With the integrated boss functionality MO can work without a separate BOSS or BUM installed. This means I can't make assumptions on certain BOSS directories even exist. Also I'm considering to eventually allow userlists to be modified from inside MO. basically the plugin list would be auto-sorted and manually moving a plugin there lets you create a userlist rule. This means MO will then need its own userlist anyway.

2. Yes, this can't currently be fixed. Actually, integrated boss in general will only be able to see files that are in the data directory because boss has these folders hard-coded. I can't fix this without rewriting boss completely.

The informational messages from boss thus have limited use, boss integration is really only about sorting.

3. ?

4. MO doesn't parse the userlist, that's boss. If the content of the userlist causes trouble (although you're sure it's correct) I'll have to escalate that to the BOSS devs. Please send me the relevant userlist.txt

5. That's expected, MO doesn't save these (because as mentioned in 2. they have limited use anyway)

6. If you could reproduce the problem that leads to this, please let me know. Afaik MO doesn't apply the sorting at all if boss reports an error.

Call me lazy' date=' but I am not very excited about registering on another site just to post something once... :P[/quote']

You don't have to. Just log in using your Google account.

My question is how will the BOSS integration work after BOSS's planned update?

Regarding the bugs:

1. This isn't a bug. With the integrated boss functionality MO can work without a separate BOSS or BUM installed. This means I can't make assumptions on certain BOSS directories even exist. Also I'm considering to eventually allow userlists to be modified from inside MO. basically the plugin list would be auto-sorted and manually moving a plugin there lets you create a userlist rule. This means MO will then need its own userlist anyway.

2. Yes' date=' this can't currently be fixed. Actually, integrated boss in general will only be able to see files that are in the data directory because boss has these folders hard-coded. I can't fix this without rewriting boss completely.

The informational messages from boss thus have limited use, boss integration is really only about sorting.

3. ?

4. MO doesn't parse the userlist, that's boss. If the content of the userlist causes trouble (although you're sure it's correct) I'll have to escalate that to the BOSS devs. Please send me the relevant userlist.txt

5. That's expected, MO doesn't save these (because as mentioned in 2. they have limited use anyway)

6. If you could reproduce the problem that leads to this, please let me know. Afaik MO doesn't apply the sorting at all if boss reports an error.[/quote']

I'll try my best to get my testing together and onto the bug tracker.

Call me lazy' date=' but I am not very excited about registering on another site just to post something once... :P[/quote']

You can use a range of other accounts to log in on the issue tracker.

But tbh.: Even simple features usually take at least an hour to develop and test, usually a lot more.

If the feature isn't worth 2 minutes for you to register an account, I don't see how it could be worth hours of development time to me...