Shadow Striping Fix (by forum42087)

frihyland

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showing as file hidden right now, but I agree with you TC. More Dynamic Shadows causes me all kinds of grief in certain scenes... might be worth revisiting once it's been fully updated for realistic lighting 4 but its kind of a mess right now.

I use ENB to smooth out my shadows, so haven't had need of an actual fix... so sorry I can't help you there. However, there are several other mods out there that modify lighting to fix bugs like this.

Fri you're right, with ENB shadow striping isn't an issue anymore, so the fix isn't needed. (assuming ppl will use ENB).

Anyway, i'm really sorry that More DYnamic SHadows is so buggy, i'm forced to remove it from the ENB pack, and maybe will replace it with Whiterun lighing fix.

I'm really interesting in maybe testing some of the other "light sources give off light" style mods such as:

Lighting Placement Fix - This one appears to be fairly large and consistently updated.

Whiterun Gate Light Fix - Just fixes one very obvious light problem just outside whiterun. (may be included in the above haven't checked)

Volrath Dragonrach Brazier fix - This fixes the braziers in dragonsreach. (included in the lighting placement fix already)

I haven't extensively tested the Lighting Placement fix but posting it here as a possible replacement for MDS.

Lighting Placement Fix has issues due to the game's limitation on number of dynamic light sources. One good example is Markarth. There are too many light sources so as you pan your camera around you'll see lights turning on and off. I also noticed this happening in Dragonsreach. Unfortunate because it's a really great mod.

Lighting Placement Fix has issues due to the game's limitation on number of dynamic light sources. One good example is Markarth. There are too many light sources so as you pan your camera around you'll see lights turning on and off. I also noticed this happening in Dragonsreach. Unfortunate because it's a really great mod.

Yeah I was reading that, looks like the mod author is trying to rectify that a little by removing a few sources of light in less conspicuous places.