Player Housing mods

Crimson13

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play with that mod so that one is out for me. Maybe for a future play-through I'll try it out. I'm actually considering (very deeply) on improving and upgrading Jaggarsfeld. One of the co-authors is off at school bettering himself and the other one is just a texture guy. The texture guy is allowing improvements/edits/additions/etc as long as Jaggarsfeld is a master for the addon. I have several ideas for improvements and the first will be simple enough I can have it out in a few days after I learn the Creation Kit a bit better.

My two favourites have already been mentioned Hunters Cabin of Riverwood which is a great starter home and an ideal fit with my favoured play style of ranger/hunter. TechAngel also mentioned Breezehome FullyUpgradable which is the best Breezehome mod imho. It is a shame it appears abandoned I really want the tower he mentioned in the last update and more underground areas opened up.  One thing I like about both mods is you don't simply walk up, each has a immersive back story and cost.

This time around however I taken a different tack my "starter home" is a mule called Annie and Chesko's Campfire mod. I am currently building out Lakeview manor to test out Hearthfires Extended. Once I have it built how I want I will try the Lakeview Extended mod, partly because it is so OTT and partly to see if it will clash with Hearthfires Extended. Also as part of my "South Western playthrough" I also have Helgen Reborn installed this time around.

I went through that pack, but it's basically abandoned with 8-9 homes in it.

I wanted a place with plenty of storage, room for my family, a place to display all my trophies, and all the basic amenities. I found this nearly impossible without customization. Jaggarsfeld has everything but a place for my family which is the reason I'm building Lakeview Manor. That and I've never actually done the Hearthfire stuff. I'm planning on extending Jaggarsfeld to include options for family/followers and some other stuff but need to learn the Creation Kit a bit.

I'm playing a Wood Elf/Ranger and there is a Bomser inspired home that is a small tree house that would be prefect for my character, so...I might end up having that house as my personal retreat, my family living in Lakeview, and my storage in Jaggarsfeld. Haha!

I've used Lakeview Manor a few times and it isn't an bad choice, per se, but it feels like a grind going through the vanilla house-building ritual. If you haven't been through the house-building ritual yet, build an anvil and a forge as quickly as you can because you'll need lots of iron ore to make into iron ingots to make into nails. Also plan on making lots of trips to the lumber mill. It seems I make a bench, off the lumber mill, make a table and chairs, off to the lumber mill...

Building Lakeview Manor increases Smithing very quickly. I often think Smithing increases way too fast when building a house.

Lakewview Manor has room to sleep eight people, but I don't think it'st organized very well and the storage containers seem to be placed somewhat haphazardly and perhaps even in excess to some degree. I usually build a family room, storage room, and either a library or a kitchen. The library doesn't have enough bookcases and I think the trophy room is somewhat of a waste of space -- meaning specifically the Hearthfire version in the build-your-own-homes.

I completely agree with Greg. Lakeview Manor is a complete grind to build and a poor design. It's really not worth it. I can see why users usually skip Hearthfire DLC if they purchased separately. I only see it being for console users and even then the homes you can buy (Whiterun and Solitude specifically) are better choices, imo.

I tend to like the one you get given after completing Helgen Reborn's main quest line. Got just about everything.

What! You get a home? I've started that quest 4 times now but never finished it. Thanks for the motivation.

Next someone will tell me there is a reward for finishing Wyrmstooth!?!? Shhhh don't tell me... spoilers...