Introduce Yourself!

deathneko11

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting a lot of help here recently so I thought I should probably introduce myself instead of just lurking and asking questions every time I run into an issue. 

Without getting overly-personal... my name is Alicia and I live in beautiful Oregon, recently settling here after many years living in various places. I'm currently in a "life transition" you could say, as I used to be a professional dancer and am in the process of figuring out what's next. I suppose you could say I'm retired, but young enough to be a career-changer retiree, not a move-to-Florida-and-golf retiree :) So basically I find myself with a lot of time on my hands and am enjoying things I never had time for before, such as games like Skyrim, which my husband introduced me to (I think he regrets that now, lol). I only played Skyrim once, on console, and the entire time I was thinking of all the ways it could be better, and how it felt unfinished. Being a creative/artistic type I could easily imagine all the ways I would like to change it, but I had no idea modding even existed. I think I learned about it by somehow stumbling onto Gopher's channel one day, and was amazed to learn of mods and this entire community which puts so much creative effort into making this game miles better than it was. I'm very much a hands-on, tinkerer kind of person (power tools live happily beside canvas and paints in my world) so I really love and appreciate the process of learning how all these modding tools work together, and being able to create a very individualized Skyrim. The process is helping to fill an artistic niche in my life that's been lacking recently, so thank you to all the modders and tech people who give their time and advice for all us ignorant newbs :)

• +1 1

• 3 months later...

Ohh, Found it! The place for the introductions.

Recently returned to Skyrim. I figured that by now folks would have figured stuff out and the game would be well aged. 

Like cheese it tastes good and can stink.

I have not been disappointed, frustrated but still fun most of the time. 

A little about myself old and retired. I have a hardware  & software background. This gets me into more trouble  because of course I know what i'm doing.  

The STEP guide was at once a god send and an evil curse. My adventures to date make for an interesting story. But i'm not sure who other than myself would find it interesting.

Thanks to all the folks who have put a massive amount of time and energy into this project. 

I hope I can contribute in some small way. Even if it's just cheering for the side lines.

Best to all

John

Edited by echo451

Holy crap, I have been here a year and never knew of this thread. OH, and hi John, welcome to STEP, happy modding to ya! But I pretty much have entered this information on my profile page. Well, uhmm, here's to a belated hello or....something? Don't even think I have strolled around the Banter Inn. What's a man gotta do to get a mug of ale around here?

• +1 1

Hi! I had heard of STEP, of course, but my introduction to this site came when I followed my hubris and googled my own mod to see if people had heard about it.

My rl name is Josh, jvr2400 on Nexus, JFraser on LL, feel free to toss me a wave in either place. I am a very very basic-skilled modder and one of the legion of players who have had Skyrim for years but have never finished the game (or even gone past character level 36) - I keep finding mods I want to try and therefore starting over. Perhaps I should have gone console. ;)

Edited by jvr2400
  • +1 1

Thank you for the welcome CovertSlinky. Actual had to hunt forthis. Most sites this is top of the page somewhere.  I think everyone is very busy. There has to be a clean mug around here somewhere.

Hi Josh. Well with a console there are few options. Mods seem to draw one away from a play thru. I always become side tracked. The thing is are you having fun? This is a hobby that includes all kinds of interesting facets. Something for everyone.

I like the comments by aaltair, Hi aaltair. The artist, ocd, masochist, pick you flavor can find something in this game and its community.

Hope you're all having fun or at least some distraction from your worries. 

Edited by echo451
  • +1 1

Thank you for the welcome CovertSlinky. Actual had to hunt for this. Most sites this is top of the page somewhere.  I think everyone is very busy. There has to be a clean mug around here somewhere.

Hi Josh. Well with a console there are few options. Mods seem to draw one away for a play thru. I always become side tracked. The thing is are you having fun? This is a hobby that includes all kinds of interesting facets. Something for everyone.

I like the comments by aaltair, Hi aaltair. The artist, ocd, masochist, pick you flavor can find something in this game and its community.

Hope you're all having fun or at least some distraction from your worries. 

yeah, i was being facetious about the console. the vanilla game is kinda boring - i have more fun playing with mods. :)

• +1 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I've been lurking for awhile and decided it was time to introduce myself. I've been messing with computers since my first, a TRS-80. It was always just a fun hobby though, I tutored Basic in college but didn't think I had the brain for programming and ended up being a professional horticulturist. 

I beginning to think it takes many of the same qualities though. Patience, logic, planning, creativity, attention to detail and the ability to rip out & start over fresh when necessary.

I'd sworn I was happy rebuilding my PC's and would never buy a video game system. I ended up winning an XBox 360 which introduced me to the joys & horrors of console games. Then my daughter introduced me to modding - saying "You know Mom- if this detail of the game is bugging you so much you can mod it on PC".  So I tried a few & then realized there had to be a better way of doing it than just randomly adding likely mods.

So this is her fault & here I am.

Oh, I've never actually finished Skyrim either. I just like trying out different character builds.  ::D:

• 2 months later...

Wow! An introduction thread!

Lemme try....

My english is bit 'rusty' *cough*

Hi, my name is Fantomax.. Why is my name like that? Well, since i'm big fan of Marvel Heroes (Guess who)

I'm still 18 (youngest here eh?) I'm still a Senior High School Student in Indonesia. Well, enough for now.

Happy modding all!