Introduce Yourself!

deathneko11

Hi folks,

I've been lurking for quite some time and only somewhat recently started posting.

I'm a Dallas-area game industry programmer, formerly an employee of Zenimax (now employed elsewhere) that spends what little time I have away from my kids tearing down and tinkering my setup in TES5Edit rather than playing it. :) I now have a hand select pack of textures based on STEP's work that still amaze me every time I launch the game.

Skyrim always bored me until I found Requiem, which recreated some of my fonder memories of PVP in Eve but without the weeks long slog trying to raise enough money to replace all that money blown up in that one glorious moment of adrenaline, or the hours long wait for somebody to come by to fight.

I'm also a big fan of the JawZ's ELE system, which I've patched up the empty spots with his older work on Relighting Skyrim, and Aiyen's Skylight ENB, who seems to share my passion for optimizing code to great effect.

Welcome Sakedo, Dallas area huh? Does that mean you worked for id? I know they are out there in DFW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed it does. I was there for the buyout. It was pretty cool, as an old school Elder Scrolls fan, to get to meet and talk to the Bethesda design folks they flew out about their upcoming game called Skyrim. They said their main goal was awesome dragon fights, saying that he believes it's never really been done well in a video game. I was struck by how excited they all were; most people can't keep the energy going for years on end, day after day, of long hours on the same project, but the end result labor-of-loves are always special.

Zenimax?

Can you tell us something about TES Online then? :D

Less than you could probably tell from anyone that's played the beta. I've been out for a few years now, and all they really showed us was some pre-rendered movies during the annual video conferences. Most of the folks making TES Online are folks picked up by Zenimax after EA axed Mythic, and the game IMO feels more like Warhammer Online or Age of Conan to me than TES.

Hi everyone,

I'm Simon and currently i study in Munich. I tested Skyrim only some minutes before i dropped it when it came out for PC because i hated the feeling of a console game. As it was on sale in Steam i thought i give it a second try and i wasn't that disappointed anymore.

Started playing games, especially A/RPGs, MMOs really early on my dad's laptop. I think i started to get into the "modding scene" with Torchlight and Warcraft 3 where i did some smaller/unfinished things(uh i did some "mod" like thing before but it was more to see good items on the ground and it needed to change some gamefiles which wasn't quite what the company wanted i guess :teehee: ).

Morrowind was the first TES game i played and what really got me into the TES universe. I also was very very impressed as i saw and tried the external program that makes it look (at least for me) even better than Oblivion.

After some time with Skyrim i wanted to look for mods, because i knew there are "some" :hurr: but i was pretty overwhelmed by the huge amount of mods. I always want my games to stay as vanilla and close to the game as possible(especially for the look of it). So after some searching i came over GEMS and a bit later found out it was "only" about gameplay but it directed me to the source i was really searching: STEP. So here i am and want to say Hello to everyone and a big thanks to all of you that are working on such an awesome Project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wotcher All. Kudos on all the good work going on around here.

Skyrim player, occasional modder and sometime indie games dev here. My Skyrim modding efforts have mainly been over on LoversLab, so probably not very relevant to STEP. At least not unless you massively reconsider what constitutes acceptable content for a STEP pack anyway. I ah... I shan't bother holding my breath whilst waiting ;)

I generally prefer to keep my RL persona separate from my modding one, but I answer to "doc" if that helps :)