Lush Trees and Grass by SparrowPrince

DoYouEvenModBro

I installed this yesterday and it looked pretty good at first sight. I didn't test it properly though.

It comes with 2 different type of trees now - vanilla and new ones that are different type. It also comes with an installer that allows you to choose what you want to install (I installed trees and skipped grass, as I use Grass on Steroids as well).

Just changed from Ultimate lush overhaul back to this... So far I am happy with it for SFO basic.

ULO in its raw form is just too much, since it also makes many plants etc. have more detailed meshes.

Guess a lite version with only trees could be made of it and then it would look a bit better... but for not I like the middle ground that this seems to provide.

And yes I am using the vanilla version since those other trees really do look silly.

Just changed from Ultimate lush overhaul back to this... So far I am happy with it for SFO basic.

ULO in its raw form is just too much, since it also makes many plants etc. have more detailed meshes.

Guess a lite version with only trees could be made of it and then it would look a bit better... but for not I like the middle ground that this seems to provide.

And yes I am using the vanilla version since those other trees really do look silly.

Vanilla version of what? I see 30 - old trees, 20 - trees perf, and 20 - Trees

The top one is the one I use... does not have silly looking trees. That would be the "newer" versions. Guess it becomes old trees in this context.

And it's compatible with SFO? 

EDIT: Nvm, yes it is.

"Yes, but you need to use the basic version of SFO. Make sure if you install this mod over SFO."

Just a note: Some of the trees versions have textures and meshes which look like it overwrites TreesHD.

I'm not sure if this will fly well around here. :) While it took me a lot of time and effort, the performance impact might be too much to consider for STEP. I just updated the performance pack for a few meshes, but other ones looked weird with visual cut-backs. It makes a nice change though if you are sick of the vanilla trees. Oh yeah and the tree meshes do have their own custom file paths. No vanilla assets at all.

By the way I am not a fan of ULO even though I was (eventually) credited. Even the name is a ripoff of SFO and my mod to attract people to it. The leaf meshes are just duplicated over and over then rotated. This means most of the leaves will float in the air even if you can't see it very well. I personally fixed that by opening them in a 3D program and manually making sure they hit the trunk. Me and my OCD. :D

Edit: By the way what is the "silly" version? New or old? You still have both choices. New trees came about because I liked how Vurt was adding new stuff.

The new ones.

I just personally do not really think they fit in very well, but then again its also a a matter of textures, and I am quite happy with what I use now. And there is that ever going point that I would like to play the game at some point! :)

That said then I do not think I am going back to ULO. This is fine for me on the mesh side of things.

Thanks for clarifying Aiyen. :) I'm not sure if you have tried the latest 'new trees' version, but the temp textures I had in before looked a bit fluffy. The bark was also a bland monotone thing. I tried to fix these textures up, but it is truly hard to get the leaves looking perfectly right (I also tried Vurt's textures and it didn't suit them as much as I hoped). Yeah I won't go on too much about ULO, but I'm surprised it was accepted on here (at least I think it was) being that it can kill performance. Also less said about the author's run-ins with Nexus admins for plagiarism and other dodgy practices the better. ;)

Its up to you what you want to use Bro.

Its a mesh replacer, so obviously you need to place it after SFO, and perhaps remove a few meshes from treesHD... or just place it after that. Try them all out and see which you like, its just a few times in and out of the game.

SparrowPrince: Yeah the textures are a very big part of it. But sticking with these meshes now for our little LOD project. So far its looking better each day! I have put a rest on messing with foliage for the time being and thrown myself over to editing all weathers of CoT so they fit my ENB! And that takes a while... since I cant use the preview in the CK to estimate anything.