Not able to complete PowerOfThree tweaks instructions - Skyrim fails to reach main menu.

lrogers287

Hello

I have been following the Step guide.  I am at the install for the Po3 Tweaks mod install.  This calls to 

"Launch the game via MO to auto-generate the configuration file (SKSE\Plugins\po3_Tweaks.ini) in the SKSE64 Output mod."

From within MO, I used the SKSE loader exe to launch the file. Steam was already running.

The SSE load screen starts with a spinning wheel in the lower right and never gets to the main menu.

Edit - it now loads to the main menu.

I also do not see the file listed above.

Is there a troubleshooting guide and / or suggested pointer to capture more information?

I tried searching for troubleshooting guides.  Prior to a broader search I wanted to check here first.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by lrogers287

57 minutes ago, lrogers287 said:

Hello

I have been following the Step guide.  I am at the install for the Po3 Tweaks mod install.  This calls to 

"Launch the game via MO to auto-generate the configuration file (SKSE\Plugins\po3_Tweaks.ini) in the SKSE64 Output mod."

From within MO, I used the SKSE loader exe to launch the file. Steam was already running.

The SSE load screen starts with a spinning wheel in the lower right and never gets to the main menu.

Edit - it now loads to the main menu.

I also do not see the file listed above.

Is there a troubleshooting guide and / or suggested pointer to capture more information?

I tried searching for troubleshooting guides.  Prior to a broader search I wanted to check here first.

Thank you in advance.

Did you successfully complete the smoke test?

Somewhere along the way when you install SKSE and add skse_loader.exe to the list of executables, you should have the checked the "Create files in mod instead of overwrite" checkbox and selected the SKSE Output mod from the list. If you didn't do this, the file is likely in the Overwrite mod at the bottom of the left pane.

image.png