Cinematic Fire Effects 2 HD (by Ichibu)

z929669

i wanna win! \o/

heheh seriously though, i dont think i can, but i try not to let cinematic fall off completely.. its one of the first mods i ever released and my most major

so, heres hoping for close 2nd and plz remember to compare all fire types if u do :D

• 1 month later...

No input really. It's been too long since we compared the two. Would need an in-game video compare to really get the true sense of the mods. Comparing fire spells, hearths, campfires....anything with a flame really that these mods would affect.

Notice I said, "in-game". No test studios as the effects can look different in the game surroundings than on a blank canvas like the last compares of theses mods were done in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm moving this back to the MS forum. After having it installed for just a few minutes I've decided it's too far from vanilla and unrealistic. The color change is too far into the red spectrum or the orange and looks unnatural most of the time. Also, the blue/purple on the candle flames isn't realistic at all, as they would never burn blue. This would probably be a good mod for ENBs that saturate the colors; however, it's not for STEP.

Fire is just one of the most annoying things to make look right!

I am currently revising my ENB preset... and this is mainly making sure fire looks like I want, then the rest normally follow.

But everything affects fire (Rather much). Contrast, brightness, imagespace modifer, time of day, etc. Even with just vanilla color correction then fire can look different depending on where in the game world you are etc.

One have to be really careful about how to compare fires! But going to try out this version and then see how it looks!

Maybe we should make some rules for fire comparison then? Set a few different times and places? I.e.

1. Exterior 10:00

2. Exterior 16:00

3. Exterior 22:00

4. Interior - tavern 10:00

5. Interior - tavern 16:00

6. Interior - tavern 22:00

7. Interior - cave 10:00

8. Interior - cave 16:00

9. Interior - cave 22:00

??

Okay took a large amount of screenshot taking but these show the difference in textures fairly well. 

I have used my own ENB, and ELFX for the colors of the flames, hence I have NOT loaded in the mods .esp. This is strictly a comparison of the textures! 

Of course a full detailed movie etc. would be the best with the same lighting conditions etc. affecting both. However for now this is my contribution! 

The first(Left) is Cinematic Fire HD, the latter(Right) Ultimate fire HD (Medium resolution version hence, 1k most of the time).

They both have their charm that much is certain, but I still prefer ultimate HD since it just seems to have a better transparency mapping, allowing the egdes to blend in with the surroundings more. The thing I like about Cinematic is that it have a "colder" look and the center is not as bright allowing for a bit more detail near the embers. 

Cinematic.jpg

Ultimate HD.jpg

• 4 months later...
I'm moving this back to the MS forum. After having it installed for just a few minutes I've decided it's too far from vanilla and unrealistic. The color change is too far into the red spectrum or the orange and looks unnatural most of the time. Also' date=' the blue/purple on the candle flames isn't realistic at all, as they would never burn blue. This would probably be a good mod for ENBs that saturate the colors; however, it's not for STEP.[/quote']

im retired now but i just found this and loged in to say, the candles are totally realistic?! thats my favourite part of my own thing, because i had a real burning candle in front of me when i make it :)

maybe we have different type of candles here)

pic related

Posted Image

https://static1.nexusmods.com/110/mods/110/images/2692-1-1365555424.jpg

A quick google search will show that the ratio of a blue base on a candle is something like 1:10. A bit of quick research and I've found out that a candle will burn blue at its base for one of two reasons. One, the flame is hotter at its base and two, because of the chemical composition of the candle. Since a candle is highly unlikely to burn hot enough to result in a blue flame (and if it did it would melt too fast to be useful), we can conclude this is due to chemical composition. A bit more research and I found out that candles in the time period of which Skyrim is set in were made of either beeswax or animal fat (no modern waxes here). A few more google searches and I found out that animal fat candles typically burn low and slow and almost never have a blue based flame. These flames are much more common in beeswax candles.

In saying all of that, I stand corrected. Yes, it is possible that you can have a candle flame with a blue base; however, it's far more rare than having it on every candle in the game. Vanilla doesn't do this. I just installed the mod again to test and I still hold to what I said previously.

EDIT:

I'm not meaning to step on any toes or feelings. This was just an evaluation of the mod.