EngineFixes.dll SKSE/Trampoline.h(187): Failed to handle allocation request

Bandar

Hi everyone,

Not sure what exactly I have done wrong to get this error at the smoke test of Step 4.

I have reviewed the steps and followed them to the letter but I still keep getting the error in the title.

Disabling SSE Engine Fix makes the game run (though a warning pops-up that recommends I do not proceed with launching the game).

If someone has insight to what might cause this issue please let me know since I'm pulling my hair trying to figure out what on earth did I do wrong.

5 hours ago, Bandar said:

Hi everyone,

Not sure what exactly I have done wrong to get this error at the smoke test of Step 4.

I have reviewed the steps and followed them to the letter but I still keep getting the error in the title.

Disabling SSE Engine Fix makes the game run (though a warning pops-up that recommends I do not proceed with launching the game).

If someone has insight to what might cause this issue please let me know since I'm pulling my hair trying to figure out what on earth did I do wrong.

Skyrim modding is incredibly confusing right now. So it all depends on which version of Skyrim you are using. The current STEP Guide is written for version 1.6.640. So ideally you should be using that version and all the mods for that version.

If you are using another version of skyrim (i.e. 1.6.1130 or 1.6.1170) take extra care that you have the correct version of mods. Especially concerning SKSE mods like Engine Fixes.

2 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Skyrim modding is incredibly confusing right now. So it all depends on which version of Skyrim you are using. The current STEP Guide is written for version 1.6.640. So ideally you should be using that version and all the mods for that version.

If you are using another version of skyrim (i.e. 1.6.1130 or 1.6.1170) take extra care that you have the correct version of mods. Especially concerning SKSE mods like Engine Fixes.

Thanks for the explanation.

I have tried downgrading following another post in the forum but the issue still presest for some weird reason.

I have checked other places where people have faced the issue and tried everything, from deleting the SKSE folder in Documents to doing a whole new re-install but the issue is not resolved.

It might not be a STEP issue but literally tried everything and nothing seems to work at all.

Step doesn't support downgrading the game and the mess of associated issues people have with that. There's nothing wrong with doing it, but we want to spare ourselves the headache and the labor associated with the majority of people who fail to RTFM. Others have provided reliable direction in this area, so go ahead and give it a try if you are so inclined.

That said, I recommend reverting to vanilla and working with the latest version of the game (1.6.1170). REMOVE the game and all stored game settings and reacquire via Steam as instructed. You will likely need to revert all downgrade changes made to Steam manifest or reinstall Steam itself. Retain your MO mods and configuration for now (in case most of the mods you have installed are the correct versions and have been installed correctly). Our guides ONLY support the current versions of games to which they apply.

THAT said, SSE modding is fairly broken ATM (thanks again Bethesda) and the current version of the game and available mods aren't straight forward to configure in any Step-guide-worthy manner. I've done my best to cobble some general instruction for running the latest version of the game in our 2.2.0 SSE guide, so read the newly-edited warning at the top of that and the changelog for more information. Also revisit the installation instructions for all mods noted in the post-release portion of the changelog. In particular, revisit SSE Engine Fixes instructions, as I've just updated them with a bit more clarity.

I really don't want to verify exactly what version of SKSE and SKSE-dependent mods you are running, since that's too labor intensive for me at this time. Read the Nexus SKSE and SSE Engine Fixes sticky posts (and follow the links to more info). Also, the USSEP supports only the latest game version, and the same may be true for certain other mods (or selecting the correct version for some might not be as straight forward as we'd like).

I've begun following all of my own advice^ myself, but my time is limited, and I haven't completed it ... no ETA.

17 hours ago, Bandar said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I have tried downgrading following another post in the forum but the issue still presest for some weird reason.

I have checked other places where people have faced the issue and tried everything, from deleting the SKSE folder in Documents to doing a whole new re-install but the issue is not resolved.

It might not be a STEP issue but literally tried everything and nothing seems to work at all.

I agree with Z. Look at the post he links to. Since you downgraded, you probably now have a mix of files from different versions of Skyrim. And finding how which ones is finicky. Which is why I said skyrim modding is confusing right now. Read that post or even the whole conversation. I am sure whatever is causing the problem will be mentioned in there.