Crash Fixes causing crashes, seeking alternative for LE (also SE)

AkiK

Hello. I was following the STEP guide and it recommends Crash Fixes by meh123. (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725?tab=description) I have used it once before in the past. But I'm wondering if there is more to using it that what the unclear instructions on the mod page suggest. Because as the title says, it is actually "causing" the crashes right now.

The author of crash fixes appears to have abandoned it, the page has over 40 bug reports, and most people are saying its causing crashes with no helpful responses. So I'm inclined to think it would be better to find an alternative. In any case, i cannot go to the source for more detailed instructions.

I am currently trying to perform STEP for both LE and SE and I'm going to use whichever one turns out best, as I have been struggling with both. I know LE best but SE is alleged to be more stable. In any case, please recommend for both.

Alternatively, if it is indeed good to use, kindly let me know how to use it best. As it currently stands: Racemenu crashes with it installed whenever I try to export/import a sculpt. Without crash fixes, racemenu works but I am concerned other things will begin to occur that it "was" fixing.

3 hours ago, AkiK said:

Hello. I was following the STEP guide and it recommends Crash Fixes by meh123. (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725?tab=description) I have used it once before in the past. But I'm wondering if there is more to using it that what the unclear instructions on the mod page suggest. Because as the title says, it is actually "causing" the crashes right now.

The author of crash fixes appears to have abandoned it, the page has over 40 bug reports, and most people are saying its causing crashes with no helpful responses. So I'm inclined to think it would be better to find an alternative. In any case, i cannot go to the source for more detailed instructions.

I am currently trying to perform STEP for both LE and SE and I'm going to use whichever one turns out best, as I have been struggling with both. I know LE best but SE is alleged to be more stable. In any case, please recommend for both.

Alternatively, if it is indeed good to use, kindly let me know how to use it best. As it currently stands: Racemenu crashes with it installed whenever I try to export/import a sculpt. Without crash fixes, racemenu works but I am concerned other things will begin to occur that it "was" fixing.

The SkyrimLE guide has been retired and is no longer officially supported, because none of our staff run LE these days.

Use the SkyrimSE guide, which describes all the details needed ... but it's also outdated with the current Bethesda game and available mods made for the latest game version. We will not update the SE guide entirely until mod authors have updated the mods we plan on using in the next guide update. We want to give the modding community time to catch up with the latest Bethesda-update disruptions. Realistically, this may not be until sometime in Spring 2024 the way things seem to be going.

Until then, post in the official SkyrimSE guide feedback forum if something isn't working. It's expected that you read and follow all of the guide instructions before seeking support.