Clams and Oysters Clipping Fix (by Diego2891)

Mousetick

Discussion topic:
Clams and Oysters Clipping Fix by Diego2891
Wiki Link

Improves positioning of clams and oysters in Skyrim and Solstheim.

Compatibility: it should be compatible with everything because this mod only slightly modifies the position and rotation of clams and oysters. But one thing needs to be clarified: all the changes are based on the size and characteristics of vanilla meshes. Mods that replace original meshes may exhibit even worse clipping effects.

My notes:

• This is based on and requires USSEP. USSEP fixes a few worst cases but this mod comprehensively adjusts the placement of every. single. clam. and. oyster. in the world. Well, not all of them. But many: 700, according to the MA (same MA as Fires and Embers Clipping Fix). That's quite a feat.
  • Comes as a FOMOD with regular ESP or ESL-flagged ESP options.
  • I'm not too bothered by shells sinking into the ground once harvested, which this mod prevents. But I'm annoyed by shells floating in the air or clipping with their surroundings, and this mod fixes that too.
  • Compatibility is to be taken with a grain of salt. If another mod changes the terrain or objects around/under some shells, the results may not be as intended. Ideally that other mod should disable or move the affected shells to fit its own changes and prevent floating/clipping. So it's best to sort this mod high in the load order so that other mods may override it if needed without patching.
Edited by Mousetick
  • +1 2