Overly Bright LOD Waterfalls At Night

zohryu

Question

Hello,

I've tested this with multiple Dyndolod outputs several times, but every time, my LOD Waterfalls appear far too bright at night from afar.

Used mods that may be sources of the issue :

Natural Waterfalls - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/87261
Water for ENB - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/37061

Before, during the day.

62g2C8x.png

During the night, at 9PM.

tFSfsCu.png

During the night, at 2AM.

Z5ci3j5.png

6 answers to this question

What about your loaded waterfalls? Aren't they also too bright at 2 AM in the same weather and location? Is this really a LOD issue or a texture/ENB issue?

Natural Waterfalls probably has textures that are too bright with ENB. You can compensate for this somewhat via ENB settings, but that would possibly unbalance other things.

Alternatively, you can use a mod like Realistic Waters Two or simply remove/disable, and choose install options for Water that seem best for your setup (or what your ENB recommends in terms of water/lighting/weather).

Rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD using recommended settings once you have what looks best in all weathers and ToD.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

What about your loaded waterfalls? Aren't they also too bright at 2 AM in the same weather and location? Is this really a LOD issue or a texture/ENB issue?

Natural Waterfalls probably has textures that are too bright with ENB. You can compensate for this somewhat via ENB settings, but that would possibly unbalance other things.

Alternatively, you can use a mod like Realistic Waters Two or simply remove/disable, and choose install options for Water that seem best for your setup (or what your ENB recommends in terms of water/lighting/weather).

Rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD using recommended settings once you have what looks best in all weathers and ToD.

Loaded waterfalls look fine up-close and are never bright at night/during any weather, and I believe if the I'm using the terms correctly, they still look 100% okay up to LOD4 and LOD8. Around LOD16 (? I think) is where the overbright issue occurs.

I would also add that this "bright LOD waterfall" was also occuring without Natural Waterfalls (simply with Water for ENB).
Trying out Realistic Water would be a bit difficult because of how my list is built around W4ENB, but it's a notion worth trying.

Edited by zohryu

Additional images showcasing this weirdness in effect.

All pictures alternate between Day and Night to show the contrast at distance.

Most of the pictures are done in NATIII's "CloudyFF" weather.

Loaded up-close :

ePNjg4F.jpg

z47WGjv.png

Loaded farther away :

gOOdBHk.jpg

42YyLiQ.png

Loaded substantially farther away, but during the day, the waterfalls look completely fine.

Kh839wm.png

Ah. The issue begins to arise when I am a few cells away.

This "overbright, flat, non-dynamic" thing appears.

spVE0Q5.png

Very far away.

RM9ADN3.png

prVcE9u.png

Is there a rule in Dyndolod that I can set to make it skip whatever thing it is adding into my LOD output?
Because afaik, this seems to be a LOD issue.

The issue also arises in other weathers.

Heavy rain and fog, still visible.
SUi49at.png

Hopefully I can find a resolution to this because early on I never solved it and only shelved it into my issue tracker to look at once everything else related to my list was in order. And, now I'm stuck on it.

Edited by zohryu

Then this is a LOD issue as you say it seems.

If you are running DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, try with the latest version (156). Delete your DynDOLOD/Logs folder and rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD to get clean logs, and post on the DynDOLOD Alpha support forums per instructions in the OP to troubleshoot. But first search that topic for similar issues/resolutions.

Which version of DynDOLOD are you using? Assuming DynDOLOD 3 Alpha...

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Waterfalls.

• Make sure you're using the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.
  • Make sure the waterfall LOD meshes from DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 are used. They should win/overwrite other waterfall LOD models, if any, in your load order. If they're not, reorder them or hide/remove the others in mod manager.
  • Regenerate DynDOLOD if you made changes to correct the previous 2 points.

If problem persists, report it and ask for assistance in the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha support forums. Read OP before posting.

11 hours ago, zohryu said:

I would also add that this "bright LOD waterfall" was also occuring without Natural Waterfalls (simply with Water for ENB).

The bright water issue exists with vanilla waterfalls. Water Effects Brightness and Reflection Fix fixes the issue for vanilla waterfalls.

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

Then this is a LOD issue as you say it seems.

If you are running DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, try with the latest version (156). Delete your DynDOLOD/Logs folder and rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD to get clean logs, and post on the DynDOLOD Alpha support forums per instructions in the OP to troubleshoot. But first search that topic for similar issues/resolutions.

Thank you for the assistance. I'm am indeed running the latest version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, and I will do as you specified and rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD to post on the support forum section as per instructions.

4 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Which version of DynDOLOD are you using? Assuming DynDOLOD 3 Alpha...

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Waterfalls.

• Make sure you're using the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.
  • Make sure the waterfall LOD meshes from DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 are used. They should win/overwrite other waterfall LOD models, if any, in your load order. If they're not, reorder them or hide/remove the others in mod manager.
  • Regenerate DynDOLOD if you made changes to correct the previous 2 points.

If problem persists, report it and ask for assistance in the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha support forums. Read OP before posting.

The bright water issue exists with vanilla waterfalls. Water Effects Brightness and Reflection Fix fixes the issue for vanilla waterfalls.

Thank you as well! I'll verify in MO2 that nothing is overwriting any DynDOLOD waterfall LOD models, and will regenerate LOD if need be.

I appreciate the aid everyone.