Flickering evening sunlight

kwembe

Question

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I made a save right where I was having the problem so it is reproducible. It goes away when disabling EVLaS. Disabling weather mods/ENB has no effect. Wanted to see if it was more likely to be a problem with Skyrim itself since I haven't seen anyone else have this problem and disabling all my other mods doesn't fix it. It happens quite often, but only at 7-8pm (sunset). My game is using the standard "high" preset in BETHini.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, kwembe said:

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I made a save right where I was having the problem so it is reproducible. It goes away when disabling EVLaS. Disabling weather mods/ENB has no effect. Wanted to see if it was more likely to be a problem with Skyrim itself since I haven't seen anyone else have this problem and disabling all my other mods doesn't fix it. It happens quite often, but only at 7-8pm (sunset). My game is using the standard "high" preset in BETHini.

Thanks in advance!

Please use the YT tool with the complete URL next time.

image.png

If it's a EVLaS issue, I haven't seen it, so more likely something not playing nicely with that. I recommend you post about this on the EVLaS Nexus page or search that forum for clues.

It's hard to tell given the unusually reddish color of the light, but it could be caused by sunlight leaking through the terrain. We don't know where the sun is at that hour in your game, but between 7-8 pm it's likely very low, probably below the horizon.

Are you using a terrain underside mesh? ELVAS requires an underside mesh.