Mod Organizer Couldn't Remove Cache Files

WhippyFaun

Question

Hello, I have not found anyone online talking about this notification when i load up Mod organizer. I had one CTD but couldn't determine if this was the reason.

[2023-06-08 15:17:46.124 W] QNetworkDiskCache: couldn't remove the cache file  "E:/MOD2/webcache/data8/4/23rjofsd.d"

Any help/advice would be appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

I assume that is from the log window. I have never noticed that message myself. Does it constantly appear after restarting MO2?

If you go to MO2 settings, Nexus tab there is a button on the right about mid page that will remove the cache and cookies. I have never investigated what this does so I can't say what it actually does.

It only appears after my comp has been turned off and rebooted. If I close MO2 and reopen the app the alert is not present. Its only after a shut down or restart. I found the tab. clicked 'clear cache' nothing seems to have updated. Will post anymore results if they happen.

Update: Cleared cache as directed and the alert is no longer present when rebooting. Thank you for reaching out to help. Such a simple fix I feel should be more present online lol. Thank you again!

I took a quick look at the MO2 discord and it looks like this is a common problem. There does not appear to be a fix for it, but it is also not do any harm according to one of the developers. They even suggest going to that directory,"E:/MOD2/webcache/data8/4/", and delete the mentioned file, "23rjofsd.d".

I would open MO2 instance folder, file icon "open Instance folder".

Shut down MO2.

Find the webcache folder.

Navigate to the "webcache/data8/4" folder.

Delete "23rjofsd.d" file.

Restart MO2 and test.

If it return then try the following.

Open MO2 instance folder, file icon "open Instance folder".

Shut down MO2.

Find the webcache folder.

Rename the whole webcache folder to webcacheold.

Restart MO2 and test.

In the first part MO will recreate the file and in the second part Mo will recreate the webcache folder.

On my install deleting either the file or renaming the folder did not appear to have caused any problems.