Issues with textures/LOD/occlusion at Hendraheim(CC)

DaBullDubs

When I approach Hendraheim most of the surrounding environment starts bugging out, popping in and out of sight. The house itself is mostly non-existent, I can walk right through where it's supposed to be. I'm not sure what the issue here is. I've not encountered this issue elsewhere. I'm running a pure Step 2.2.0 installation. Everything is up to date. Screenshots below. Any support is appreciated.

adg0lPXeWt.jpg

firefox_rOG4awlKTr.jpg

After revisiting Hendraheim from a new game, its fine and everything loads in properly, no problem. So this is surely a save game issue, which makes sense because I very recently updated Cathedral Landscapes and At Your Own Pace.

..So I'll be looking up how to save this game save. I've read somewhere about cleaning game save files but I forget where I read that. If anybody knows how I could save my game save or if I even can, you could make my day by filling me in or just sharing a link. Thanks!

2 hours ago, DaBullDubs said:

After revisiting Hendraheim from a new game, its fine and everything loads in properly, no problem. So this is surely a save game issue, which makes sense because I very recently updated Cathedral Landscapes and At Your Own Pace.

..So I'll be looking up how to save this game save. I've read somewhere about cleaning game save files but I forget where I read that. If anybody knows how I could save my game save or if I even can, you could make my day by filling me in or just sharing a link. Thanks!

You may want to load up your wanted savegame and go to an interior cell and wait. See this procedure.

I don't know how it's supposed to look normally with or without Hendraheim CC as I don't use CC content, so it's hard to tell what's wrong from your screenshots. It looks like an occlusion issue.

I doubt Cathedral Landscapes or At Your Own Pace would cause this.

You can try Save Unbaker, though I doubt it will solve whatever issue this is in this case. We don't have enough information to make a diagnostic and offer a remedy.

4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Sounds like a bug that would be caused by that popular Exterior FPS Boost mod. If you have that mod, removing it will probably fix it. 

My mod list is purely Step Skyrim AE 2.2.0 mods, every mod level from the guide, all mods up-to-date and always using Step suggested settings when available. I appreciate all suggestions, but I'm sure now the cause of my issue was not making a clean save in an interior cell before updating Cathedral Landscape and regenerating all LOD since I revisited Hendraheim from a new game and did not experience the same issues. Thanks anyway for your input @DoubleYou, I appreciate all you do.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, DaBullDubs said:

My mod list is purely Step Skyrim AE 2.2.0 mods, every mod level from the guide, all mods up-to-date and always using Step suggested settings when available. I appreciate all suggestions, but I'm sure now the cause of my issue was not making a clean save in an interior cell before updating Cathedral Landscape and regenerating all LOD since I revisited Hendraheim from a new game and did not experience the same issues. Thanks anyway for your input @DoubleYou, I appreciate all you do.

Actually, I do agree it's something about your save game, but probably not due to updating CL, as there is nothing in the updated version that changes landscapes. AYOP seems unlikely as well. We've seen plenty of weird things even in a new game that just went away with another new game and no other changes. Sometimes the game can be buggy is all.

As DY mentioned, it looks exactly like the kind of bug caused by incorrectly placed eFPS occlusion planes. I'm using eFPS and coincidentally encountered such a bug very recently.

Since the OP is not using eFPS, I'm guessing the Hendraheim plugin places its own occlusion plane where the house is. And somehow, the model for the house has been disabled, but the occlusion plane is still enabled. This could be verified by looking up the ref ids in xEdit and checking them in the console. I don't have the Hendraheim CC so I can't help you with the details, but perhaps someone else would.

What else did you update beside CL and AYOP? Did you update DynDOLOD itself before regenerating LODs?

You could try the simple following test with your bugged save:

• Go to interior cell.
  • Verify DynDOLOD has shut down/is turned off in its MCM.
  • Save and quit.
  • Disable all DynDOLOD plugins on right pane of MO: DynDOLOD.esm, DynDOLOD.esp, Occlusion.esp.
  • Load save, accept warning about missing plugins.
  • Go to Hendraheim exterior. Is the house there?

8 hours ago, Mousetick said:

What else did you update beside CL and AYOP? Did you update DynDOLOD itself before regenerating LODs?

You could try the simple following test with your bugged save:

The most recent DynDOLOD update was not out yet when I updated CL and AYOP, so no I had not update DynDOLOD before regenerating LODs and first encountering issues at Hendraheim nor when I first revisited Hendraheim from a new game. I did however update DynDOLOD to the newest version that released just a few days ago and again regenerated LODs (because frankly I'm not too sure about when I don't need to regenerate LODs and so I figured it wouldn't hurt to do it whenever updating exterior world-space environment texture/mesh mods or DynDOLOD itself) before starting my new play-through yesterday, and Hendraheim was fine when I revisited afterwards.

And, well, I deleted the bugged save already lol.. I figured I'd just take the L, learn my lesson and be much more careful about when/where/how I save/load/update my game. I wasn't very far along in that bugged play-through anyway. I may just avoid updating anything until I finish the game to be honest.

Nevertheless, I'm really grateful for all the support I've received in this thread. I'm new to Skyrim modding so it's reassuring that I made the right call joining the Step community instead of using Vortex mod-packs.

• Thanks 1