Tropical Skyrim -- A Climate Overhaul

Saw this on the nexus today. I won't be using it, and its not right for STEP, but that doesn't stop it from being an amazing piece of work. The author completely reworked skyrim to be a tropical paradise. Snowy climates have been reworked into deserts, bogs and marshes are now swamps. New creatures, new building textures and some armor replacers, and new lighting and climate to match. From what I understand he even got blizzards to look like sand storms. 

I plan to give the mod a go on a new save at some point, just to have a different experience playing the game.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017/

That is so cool! Now he just needs to remove/edit all the dialogue that mentions the snow. I just made a new character but I definitely want to try this out, I'll have to see how it looks without that over-the-top ENB.

That's awesome.  I agree - it would be great if this were used to create an entirely separate region that could be visited from the default game.  I was thinking about this the other day - get a team of modders to build a new landscape, and then gradually fill it with NPCs, dungeons, quests...  :yes:

That's awesome.  I agree - it would be great if this were used to create an entirely separate region that could be visited from the default game.  I was thinking about this the other day - get a team of modders to build a new landscape' date=' and then gradually fill it with NPCs, dungeons, quests...  :yes:[/quote']

Wait, you mean like the Beyond Skyrim project? :woot:

https://www.darkcreations.org/

• 2 weeks later...