Game crashes randomly when entering some cities/interiors

JareX

I have Skyrim SE 1.6.640 and have installed the latest STEP guide (without ENB).

The game seems to run pretty good, except that I get frecuent crashes. For example, every time I try to enter windhelm I crash.

I wanted some help to solve this. For instance, i don't know where are crash logs stores, or what else I can do to solve this.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, JareX said:

I have Skyrim SE 1.6.640 and have installed the latest STEP guide (without ENB).

Are you using any of your own added mods not in the 2.1.0 guide? Did you skip any mods?

Are you continuing from a savegame you had prior to installing the guide?

2 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Guide say: Crash logs are located in ..\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE

Yeah I saw that folder but there are a lot of files that end in .log and I don't know which one is the one I should be looking into.

46 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Are you using any of your own added mods not in the 2.1.0 guide? Did you skip any mods?

Are you continuing from a savegame you had prior to installing the guide?

I'm not using any extra mod and I did not remove any of the mods. I followed the STEP guide religiously. And I started a new game from scratch. I even deleted all my old saves.

Also I don't know if its related but when starting SKSE gives me the following error:

image.thumb.png.d5bd368d65efbc65b2f2d7026ecb1f95.png

Edited by JareX

Ensure all plugins in the right pane are enabled (the checkmark is checked) and verify you have these plugins installed:

CACO_SurvivalMode_Patch.esp
CC-Fishing_CACO_Patch.esp
CACO_Saints&Seducers.esp
CC-TheCause_CACO_Patch.esp

Note that the Step 2.1.0 guide requires the latest version of Skyrim Special Edition and all of the Creation Club content from the Skyrim Anniversary Edition to be installed.

21 minutes ago, Greg said:

Ensure all plugins in the right pane are enabled (the checkmark is checked) and verify you have these plugins installed:

CACO_SurvivalMode_Patch.esp
CC-Fishing_CACO_Patch.esp
CACO_Saints&Seducers.esp
CC-TheCause_CACO_Patch.esp

Note that the Step 2.1.0 guide requires the latest version of Skyrim Special Edition and all of the Creation Club content from the Skyrim Anniversary Edition to be installed.

I DO have Skyrim AE and all CC content installed.

Those are Kryptopyrs Patch Hub's files. I followed step's instructions about installing the individual patches, but the instructions didn't mention anything about activating those esp's. Also, in the LOOT section said to ignore warning message except for yellow ones (for cleaning)

42 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Your issues are related to the 2.1.0 guide having been created for the previous version of the SSE runtime. We are currently preparing the 2.2.0 guide for the latest version of the game (1.6.640)

Sorry I missed your message because we posted at the same time.

Does that mean that I should wait for the 2.2.0 version and everything I did was outdated? :cry:

Edited by JareX

6 hours ago, JareX said:

I DO have Skyrim AE and all CC content installed.

Those are Kryptopyrs Patch Hub's files. I followed step's instructions about installing the individual patches, but the instructions didn't mention anything about activating those esp's. Also, in the LOOT section said to ignore warning message except for yellow ones (for cleaning)

Sorry I missed your message because we posted at the same time.

Does that mean that I should wait for the 2.2.0 version and everything I did was outdated? :cry:

Mods like Crash Logger have not been updated. Those that Mercury linked will work though, so that may have been the issue. Those mods are not in the 2.1.0 guide, but more information on their substitutes is here.