Help finding cause of crash during save game load

Kattmandu

Question

As referenced on the SPID topic, this started happening on the 24th. I also released my FOLIP road LODs on the 24th. There is a reference to the RoadStraight02.nif file, which of course is the full model. While I don't think this is the cause of the crash, try testing without the FOLIP resources and see if the crash reappears. I think it is just a coincidence, but I'd prefer to be sure.

42 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

As referenced on the SPID topic, this started happening on the 24th. I also released my FOLIP road LODs on the 24th. There is a reference to the RoadStraight02.nif file, which of course is the full model. While I don't think this is the cause of the crash, try testing without the FOLIP resources and see if the crash reappears. I think it is just a coincidence, but I'd prefer to be sure.

It did start crashing right after I re-generated all of the LOD files, xLODGen/ACMOS, TexGen, DynDOLOD, Occlusion.  I re-generated all the LOD files because the water, under the southern bridge in Ivarstead, was missing.  After I re-generated all the LOD files, the water under the bridge was visible after loading a save which was created prior to LOD re-generation.  But newer saves (when loaded) would crash the game.

I disabled FOLIP, loaded an old save, created a new save, tried to load the new save, the game crashed.  I will re-generate the LOD files once again without FOLIP and see what happens.

Edited by Kattmandu

So, after I re-generated the LOD files, I see errors and warnings in the DYNDOLOD summary.  Are any of these cause for concern?

@DoubleYou BTW, after LOD re-generation without FOLIP, loading save games still crash.  So, FOLIP has nothing to do with it.

DynDOLOD_Summary_DeletedReference.txt DynDOLOD_Summary_FileNotFoundScripts.txt DynDOLOD_Summary_LargeReferenceBugs.txt DynDOLOD_Summary_RootBlock.txt

Edited by Kattmandu

10 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

So, after I re-generated the LOD files, I see errors and warnings in the DYNDOLOD summary.  Are any of these cause for concern?

These are all normal and expected other than the Root Block errors, but that may be new to Alpha 106, which I have not completely tested yet with Step.

2 minutes ago, z929669 said:

These are all normal and expected other than the Root Block errors, but that may be new to Alpha 106, which I have not completely tested yet with Step.

Those root block errors are fine.

14 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

@DoubleYou BTW, after LOD re-generation without FOLIP, loading save games still crash.  So, FOLIP has nothing to do with it.

DynDOLOD_Summary_DeletedReference.txt 3.97 kB · 2 downloads DynDOLOD_Summary_FileNotFoundScripts.txt 1.45 kB · 2 downloads DynDOLOD_Summary_LargeReferenceBugs.txt 23.48 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_Summary_RootBlock.txt 1005 B · 1 download

The warnings seem to be in line with my expectations for a Step setup and are fine. Glad to see that FOLIP isn't the cause. Really couldn't think of a way how it could be, but wanted to be sure. Perhaps you can post another crash log and maybe the same thing will show up twice? Might narrow it down, but it's really starting to look like that SPID update is the cause.

5 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Are you on game version 1.6.640?

Yes.

The only other things I have done prior to the crashing (that I can think of) are updating the mods below to the latest version and removing the Vokrii AOS patch.

Crash Logger SSE AE VR - PDB support

Worldspace Transition Tweaks

16 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

OK. I believe that it must be caused by the broken SPID then, as that's the only common denominator that I can see, especially since you said somewhere that it doesn't crash on a new game. SPID is mentioned in the log, but nothing intelligible about it.

Yeah, it seems if I load an old save (from when I had SPID 6.2.0) and then create a new save and reload the new save, it crashes every time.  Doesn't crash when I use a save from when I had SPID 6.1.0.  Strange that I can't get it to work again with SPID 6.2.0 (downloaded from GitHub).  Maybe the GitHub version is a bit different than the version that was uploaded to NexusMods?

38 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it were SPID. Looks like v6.03 was the last 'good' version. v6.2 has a confirmed bug with long INIs and 6.1 has issues with at least one mod.

Maybe I should downgrade to v6.0.3 then?

Or maybe even 6.0.2?  Maybe point to 6.0.2 in the Step guide for now until SPID gets fixed.

image.thumb.png.f3e93a8d5c2720c10c361b0a57c980f4.png

Edited by Kattmandu