Perfect Legionnaire - Imperial Armor Reforged 4-0

DoYouEvenModBro

Perfect Legionnaire - Imperial Armor Reforged 5-0 by Ali Bengali

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6085/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D6085%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D527516&pUp=1

Great Imperial Armor retexture. I've been using this mod forever. I really like the style. 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Afaik, there are some issues with this mod as it apparently is not a simple retex.

Known Issues:

- When crouching and looking at the crouching character or NPC from the front, from a low camera angle, there is a noticeable "texture hole" on the inside of the skirt texture. This applies to the studded armor and Tullius armor. I suspect this to be an easily fixable texture issue, but right now I will not be able to resolve this by myself without having to invest a lot of time I do not have to spare for trial and error testing. If anyone could lend a hand here, that would be highly appreciated!

- Females wearing the light armor: when moving the body slider all the way to the right, pants and sleeves disappear. All other slider positions correctly show pants and sleeves. Currently I do not know how to fix this issue. I suspect it must be model-based. I would greatly appreciate if someone who's got experience with editing models could lend a hand here. I have the feeling this is an issue that is easily resolved, but lack the knowledge to do it myself right now.

- WBizzyW just notified my me that the Pentius Oculatus armor has an issue:

Actually, I did not work on this particular armor yet, since I haven't even seen it in my game (have not played very far yet...) and thus do not know its exact role or function. But since it shares the mesh of General Tullius's armor, it is also affected by the changes I made to this armor mesh. I will address this issue soon, one way or another.

Thank you for notifying me, WBizzyW. :)

I am sorry for the inconvenience!

A more experienced modder would be able to resolve those issues probably rather quickly.

I use this mod too, I was still a casual STEP user when they decided to remove all the armor and clothing mods, but I understand the decision since a bunch of the included ones were left over from before the HDDLC was released. I'm not sure if anyone re-evaluated all the ones that were removed, but this mod deserves a second look. This mod plus the legionnaire armor in Immersive armors (originally from Lore Friendly Armor if I'm not mistaken) made the Imperials look awesome.

• 2 months later...

I rather like the vanilla mesh better. In the real armies of the world, soldiers outfits often did look ill formed and ill fitted. Everything is either too small or too big, nothing fits right. This mod makes things a bit to nice looking for my taste. For the lore purists like myself, I find vanilla with HDLC more believable. 

Not exactly. Retextures are fine, new meshes are fine, but I think that a mod author aught to be careful not to lose some of the original character or significance of the item in the process. Both the legion armor set and the storm cloak armor set are somewhat unflattering, even kinda goofy looking up close. But if you think about it that kind of makes sense. These are soldiers, simple farm boys and working hands who have enlisted. They can't afford to forge their own weapons and armor, and as such their armors should look like it might have been forged for someone else.

An example of someone work I do really admire is cabal's. He has retextured and remeshed more than half of all the armors in the game, and many of the weapons also. But he didn't succumb to the temptation to make them pretty or polished so they both look great and fit into a a real, immersive world.

Anyway, that is just my opinion. Not everybody plays the game for the same reasons I do.

Mass produced industrial age equipment looks ill-formed. Individually crafted armor should not. How you want your imperials looking is really your choice. They do have armorers in every camp to fit the stuff. (More so than clothing, if armor doesn't fit right it causes serious performance issue.) But I think there is really wide room for interpreting how you want it to look in your game - I could probably justify whatever choice you like. I think it's mostly about selecting the look that gives the ambiance you are after.

• 1 year later...

This mod has recently been updated!! Check it out. I've been using this mod for a while. I love the style. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6085/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D6085%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D527516&pUp=1

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro