DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

13 minutes ago, PRieST said:

With the test version DynDOLOD was finished in 20 minutes without any errors. Exchanging the exe file you provided was the only change I made.

Fix included in Alpha-167.

• Thanks 1

Replying to:

I downloaded the latest version of DynDOLOD 3, ran DynDOLODx64 without the nonsensical argument (my mistake, it's left over from a far-fetched solution attempt that clearly didn't work) and came up with the same error. Linked here is the updated .zip of log files. Please let me know if you need any more information, and thank you so far for your help.

[Google Drive]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBezsCLHNDHGajR2-Jl651Z0wbVc0Kht/view?usp=drive_link

Hi Sheson,

Has anything major changed with grass LOD density generation recently? The reason I ask is I have noticed my grass LODs always seem to be populating at 100% - i.e. The grass LOD setting density in DynDOLOD advanced window doesn't seem to be affecting changes. I tried it at 10, and 90, on Low/Medium/High, Grass Mode 2, and it was the same result. It's probably I havent set up correctly, and wanted to ask for some pointers for where I should look to resolve my mistake.

Thanks

Edited by kojak747

1 hour ago, kojak747 said:

Hi Sheson,

Has anything major changed with grass LOD density generation recently? The reason I ask is I have noticed my grass LODs always seem to be populating at 100% - i.e. The grass LOD setting density in DynDOLOD advanced window doesn't seem to be affecting changes. I tried it at 10, and 90, on Low/Medium/High, Grass Mode 2, and it was the same result. It's probably I havent set up correctly, and wanted to ask for some pointers for where I should look to resolve my mistake.

Thanks

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log and which LODGen log to upload.

See https://dyndolod.info/Changelog to learn what changed.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Grass-LOD
Density sets the percentage of grass LOD billboards that are being generated. 50 means only half of the grass placements are added for better performance but thinner grass LOD in the distance.

50 means 50%.

1 hour ago, sneakarcheress said:

Replying to:

I downloaded the latest version of DynDOLOD 3, ran DynDOLODx64 without the nonsensical argument (my mistake, it's left over from a far-fetched solution attempt that clearly didn't work) and came up with the same error. Linked here is the updated .zip of log files. Please let me know if you need any more information, and thank you so far for your help.

[Google Drive]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBezsCLHNDHGajR2-Jl651Z0wbVc0Kht/view?usp=drive_link

Check with this test version of DynDOLODx64.exe https://mega.nz/file/BUIhnLiL#kXf21ho7c0wk4DVQEu0ml6J-9FRns2sKp9umU64tB34
Upload new log and debug log even if it works without error. Also upload new bugreport.txt in case there is still an error.

Do not install new versions over old versions. Follow the install/update instructions. See https://dyndolod.info/Updating#New-DynDOLOD-Version

Regarding grass LOD: I get this different colors/brightness levels on grass LOD using Folkvangr Complex Grass -> see screenshot.

Is this something I should adjust with RGB LOD brightness multiplier values or the TexGen HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings or both?

22 minutes ago, TomForStep said:

Regarding grass LOD: I get this different colors/brightness levels on grass LOD using Folkvangr Complex Grass -> see screenshot.

Is this something I should adjust with RGB LOD brightness multiplier values or the TexGen HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings or both?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop*/ComplexGrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom*/ComplexGrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off.

The TexGen settings change lighting equally, while the DynDOLOD INI settings allow to change the RGB channels.

3 hours ago, TomForStep said:

3 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop*/ComplexGrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom*/ComplexGrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off.

The TexGen settings change lighting equally, while the DynDOLOD INI settings allow to change the RGB channels.

Thank you for your prompt response!

I will try to get the RGB channels/color as identical as possible with using a photo editing tool on the screenshot and calculate the RGB values accordingly for DynDOLOD_SSE.ini .

What about the TexGen settings? Are there any suggestions or hints about which HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings to test?

35 minutes ago, TomForStep said:

I will try to get the RGB channels/color as identical as possible with using a photo editing tool on the screenshot and calculate the RGB values accordingly for DynDOLOD_SSE.ini .

What about the TexGen settings? Are there any suggestions or hints about which HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings to test?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Direct-Ambient-Smoothness
These settings change the direct (default from top) and ambient lighting strength for the created diffuse texture 

Ambient darkens/brightens everything equally while direct light from top highlights parts that face the top (their normal vector + normal map).  Use the Preview button.

1 hour ago, TomForStep said:

In the Step SSE guide, we provide suggested settings that work well for Cathedral Weathers and Cathedral Landscapes with or without complex grass/ENB.

We set the RGB values to a a uniform, moderate value to avoid tint bias and use TexGen direct/ambient to set a good exposure for grass LOD. TexGen ettings vary, depending upon weather and grass used, but the principle should work similarly. The idea is to reduce Ambient to the lowest value possible and increase Direct exposure whilst keeping RBG flat and unbiased (be sure to expand the Modify Grass Tint/Brightness spoiler).

Is there a guide on how the *snow_lod_x.nif files are matched to the full models? I read through the Mod Authors page but couldn't find mentions about them.

Also, do the snow lod models support the same CRC system as the "normal" lod models? If I have, say, tundrastreamend01_1234ABCDsnow_lod_0.nif, will that be matched with a tundrastreamend01.nif with CRC32 1234ABCD whenever it's considered "snow", or with every use of tundrasteamend01.nif?

Edited by Blackread

42 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Is there a guide on how the *snow_lod_x.nif files are matched to the full models? I read through the Mod Authors page but couldn't find mentions about them.

Also, do the snow lod models support the same CRC system as the "normal" lod models? If I have, say, tundrastreamend01_1234ABCDsnow_lod_0.nif, will that be matched with a tundrastreamend01.nif with CRC32 1234ABCD whenever it's considered "snow", or with every use of tundrasteamend01.nif?

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-your-own-object-LOD-models:
For example, to match an object LOD model to a full model with the filename house.nif, the object LOD model needs to have the filename house_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.
In case of filename collisions or in case of popular full models being replaced by many different mods - waterfalls or trees for example - the CRC32 of the full model should be added to LOD model filename in the form house_[CRC32]_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.

There should be no special treatment for LOD model filenames containing the word 'snow' as far as I remember. If you experience something else, then make a report.

DynDOLOD 2.x used DynDOLOD_[SSE|TES5]_textures_names.txt for texture sets but that is not how things should be done with DynDOLOD 3.x anymore now that all LOD models define the full textures.

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-your-own-object-LOD-models:
For example, to match an object LOD model to a full model with the filename house.nif, the object LOD model needs to have the filename house_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.
In case of filename collisions or in case of popular full models being replaced by many different mods - waterfalls or trees for example - the CRC32 of the full model should be added to LOD model filename in the form house_[CRC32]_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.

There should be no special treatment for LOD model filenames containing the word 'snow' as far as I remember. If you experience something else, then make a report.

DynDOLOD 2.x used DynDOLOD_[SSE|TES5]_textures_names.txt for texture sets but that is not how things should be done with DynDOLOD 3.x anymore now that all LOD models define the full textures.

This is what DynDOLOD is telling me:

Spoiler

Warning: Textures do not match for "L1_RocksTundraStreamEnd": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in tundrastreamend01.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in tundrastreamend01snow_lod_0.nif for BSHeartland.esm CYRTundraStreamEnd01Snow01 [STAT:280E4387]
Warning: Textures do not match for "L2_RootsandRocks:1 - L1_Rock:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in tundrapond01.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in tundrapond01snow_lod_0.nif for Update.esm TundraPond01Snow01 [STAT:0008CD45]
Warning: Textures do not match for "MountainCliffCrevasse:0": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in mountaincliffcrevasse.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in mountaincliffcrevasse_lod_0h.nif for MajesticMountains.esp MountainCliffCrevasse_HeavySN [STAT:00104B43]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_0.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_1.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_2.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_0.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_1.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_2.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_0.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_1.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_2.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_1.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_2.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:1 - L2_RootsRocks:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_1.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:1 - L2_RootsRocks:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_2.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_1.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_2.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraPond01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrapond01.nif -> textures\landscape\snow01.dds in tundrapond01snow_lod_0.nif for Update.esm TundraPond01Snow01 [STAT:0008CD45]
Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamEnd01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamend01.nif -> textures\landscape\snow01.dds in tundrastreamend01snow_lod_0.nif for BSHeartland.esm CYRTundraStreamEnd01Snow01 [STAT:280E4387]

If I'm reading it right, it's trying to match xxx.nif with xxxsnow_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif even though xxx_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif is also present.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/sLNWAKSL#MkTheTPb1ywwjcndCPjcp4TwWiGrHTKXYn8FA2w-Y-w

1 hour ago, Blackread said:

This is what DynDOLOD is telling me:

If I'm reading it right, it's trying to match xxx.nif with xxxsnow_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif even though xxx_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif is also present.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/sLNWAKSL#MkTheTPb1ywwjcndCPjcp4TwWiGrHTKXYn8FA2w-Y-w

Also upload C:\Pelit\Skyrim Special Edition Mod Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt