DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

7 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Help, I'm experiencing distant mountain disappearing when I got farther away than said mountains formation. Notice the red circled distant mountain. How do I fix this? Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/NZn1q1u

Are you reporting a problem with the DynDOLOD 3 alpha that doesn't happen with DynDOLOD 2.x or vanilla LOD for that matter?

Otherwise just increase the LOD distances in the INI or the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as explained in the manual.

1 minute ago, RogueRim said:

I believe it does include grasses: 

6hVVsFG.jpg

Yes, that looks like grass. pretty thin though.

Check the 2nd post again, troubleshooting, first entry about the object bounds. There might be grass meshes that have no billboards generated because of 0 object bounds.

44 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Check my previous post, and examine your LOD distance settings as described.

I'm already using BethIni Ultra setting. Should I crank those numbers up even more?

Also, if it is configurable in skyrimprefs.ini then I don't have to regenerate DynDOLOD for those mountains to be consistently shown, do I?

24 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I'm already using BethIni Ultra setting. Should I crank those numbers up even more?

Also, if it is configurable in skyrimprefs.ini then I don't have to regenerate DynDOLOD for those mountains to be consistently shown, do I?

Read the section "How LOD works in Skyrim" and "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html

The static LOD distance settings can be changed at any time, even directly in the game with the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as already explained.

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

ENB can cause this. If you use an ENB, try switching off in game using Shift + F12 to test.

Otherwise, you can adjust grass color via DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and grass billboard direct/ambient brightness in TexGen to compensate.

It's probably also exacerbated by certain weathers.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Are you reporting a problem with the DynDOLOD 3 alpha that doesn't happen with DynDOLOD 2.x or vanilla LOD for that matter?

Otherwise just increase the LOD distances in the INI or the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as explained in the manual.

TYVM! It helped! I started having 15 fps loss and huge stutters with dyndolod thou... It is on medium preset.

16 minutes ago, jared_maxwell said:

TYVM! It helped! I started having 15 fps loss and huge stutters with dyndolod thou... It is on medium preset.

DynDOLOD is a set of tools that generates a LOD mod based on the load order and options/settings made by the user. The visual results and the performance impact are what the user chooses it to be. The resource requirements can be less, same or more than the vanilla game while the visual result is always vastly superior.

A single bad INI setting can require more resources than all LOD together. If you use grass LOD with a large LOD level 4 distance , it almost does not matter if medium or high preset was selected. Grass LOD has hundred of thousands of billboards.

Just now, sheson said:

DynDOLOD is a set of tools that generates a LOD mod based on the load order and options/settings made by the user. The visual results and the performance impact are what the user chooses it to be. The resource requirements can be less, same or more than the vanilla game while the visual result is always vastly superior.

A single bad INI setting can require more resources than all LOD together. If you use grass LOD with a large LOD level 4 distance , it almost does not matter if medium or high preset was selected. Grass LOD has hundred of thousands of billboards.

It is set to 20k.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

There might be grass meshes that have no billboards generated because of 0 object bounds.

I switched from Tamrielic Grass to Folkvangr and it worked on the very first try. Thank you @sheson and @z929669 so much for your continued and unwavering support! I was under the impression that dyndo would work with any grass, but looking back with hindsight, trying a different grass seems like an obvious option. I'm so happy that it works now, it looks awesome. Now I just have to get the colour of the distant grass to more closely match the near grass. 

https://imgur.com/a/HzIvqay I see that there has already been some discussion here about it, so I will begin happily tinkering. I'm so psyched! Skyrim never looked top tier until now :)THANK YOU. 

1 minute ago, RogueRim said:

I switched from Tamrielic Grass to Folkvangr and it worked on the very first try. Thank you @sheson and @z929669 so much for your continued and unwavering support! I was under the impression that dyndo would work with any grass, but looking back with hindsight, trying a different grass seems like an obvious option. I'm so happy that it works now, it looks awesome. Now I just have to get the colour of the distant grass to more closely match the near grass. 

https://imgur.com/a/HzIvqay I see that there has already been some discussion here about it, so I will begin happily tinkering. I'm so psyched! Skyrim never looked top tier until now :)THANK YOU. 

Grass billboards and grass LOD can be generated with any grass mod in the load order. It is all explained in second post and its source ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html and the rest of manual. A couple posts back, the user gigan2 uploaded his TexGen config file for Tamrielic. Either that or updating the objects bounds with CK to make sure all grass billboards are created.

14 minutes ago, jared_maxwell said:

Actually - FPS is fine, but it stutters a lot.

LOD does not typically cause stutter since LOD is always loaded. Unless maybe available memory is really low. It is typically the loading of the cell and its full models.

Make sure that No Grass in Objects has OnlyLoadFromCache = True

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

LOD does not typically cause stutter since LOD is always loaded. Unless maybe available memory is really low. It is typically the loading of the cell and its full models.

Make sure that No Grass in Objects has OnlyLoadFromCache = True

Yes, it has. It is maybe on cell change, but i can say for sure that disabling dyndolod output increases perfomance and almost eliminates stutters, except some micro ones in riverwood area.