DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 hour ago, darknightbacca said:

Hi, i'm having a problem with dyndolod 3 alpha, running No Grass in Objects mod aside it all perfectly setup (to the best of my knowledge) and it's all in-game, however the grass is a set distance in my game, changing the ini file for distance does nothing at all, same with skyrim's ini's, the distance is identical, also attempting to change dyndolod's settings in the mcm only affects far away distance, the grass close to me will not reduce with the distance change in the ini,

Disabling dyndolod fixes this, i'm wondering if the grass distance in the ini before running dyndolod is a set distance and you can't change it once dyndolod is ran?

Could anyone clear this up, not sure if this is normal behavior with dyndolod alpha 3's grass lod generation with this mod...

How i did it :

- Install the mod into .NetFramework plugins folder, edit the ini and change UseGrassCache to true, ExtendGrassDistance to true, OnlyLoadFromCache to true, overwrite grass distance to my specified value & DynDOLODGrassMode = 2 (also tried 1)

- Generate grass cache using mo2, full generation finished, no crashes, create mod with cache, make sure it's read by the mod and dosen't regenerate it in the overwrite folder.

- Edit Dyndolod config and set Set GrassLargeReference to 1, change grassdensity to 50 and enable Grass=1

- Run TexGen with the grass option, then proceed to run Dyndolod.

End result is the grass is there, and far away, however the distance setting does nothing.

Very confused...

modlist.txt.2021_05_03_14_17_19 26.4 kB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD does not change how full grass renders.

As explained in the second post, either grass LOD can start right beyond the uGridsToLoad with GrassLargeReference=0 or beyond the uLargeRefLODGridSize with GrassLargeReference=1. No other INI settings matter. This can only be changed by generating LOD again, obviously.

No Grass In Objects should be set to either render the full grass to the end of uGridsToLoad with DynDOLODGrassMode=1 or the end of uLargeRefLODGridSize with DynDOLODGrassMode=2 accordingly.

Hey there,

I want to try the new Grass LOD setting for my Modlist with Tamrielic Grass. Some of the object bounds don't seem to be applied correctly so I want to force load all grass for LOD generation.

I  created a file called "DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_tamrielicgrassesp.txt" in the Edit Scripts folder and additionally in my Data/Dyndolod Folder in MO2. It contains all the grass from the .txt file created by running TexGen without the ",False". I also tried setting some to ",True" as you can see in the attached file. Unfortunately this file isn't recognized and the grass not generated. I also attached the latest log file. The .esp name is "TamrielicGrass.esp" and it's flagged as esl. 

I would appreciate any hints or help with the matter :)

Cheers,

gigan

DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_tamrielicgrassesp.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by gigan2

19 hours ago, gigan2 said:

Hey there,

I want to try the new Grass LOD setting for my Modlist with Tamrielic Grass. Some of the object bounds don't seem to be applied correctly so I want to force load all grass for LOD generation.

I  created a file called "DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_tamrielicgrassesp.txt" in the Edit Scripts folder and additionally in my Data/Dyndolod Folder in MO2. It contains all the grass from the .txt file created by running TexGen without the ",False". I also tried setting some to ",True" as you can see in the attached file. Unfortunately this file isn't recognized and the grass not generated. I also attached the latest log file. The .esp name is "TamrielicGrass.esp" and it's flagged as esl. 

I would appreciate any hints or help with the matter :)

Cheers,

gigan

DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_tamrielicgrassesp.txt 7.77 kB · 7 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 117.24 kB · 5 downloads

That file won't be listed in the log messages.

You can check the debug log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt for it. Should look like this:

[00:08] <Debug: Loading DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_tamrielicgrassesp.txt>
[00:08] <Debug: Processing tg_pineforest_mixedplants,True TamrielicGrass.esp tg_pineforest_mixedplants [GRAS:06000800]>
[00:08] <Debug: Processing tg_field_eriophorum01,True TamrielicGrass.esp tg_field_eriophorum01 [GRAS:06000801]>
[00:08] <Debug: Processing tg_pineforest_bentgrass,True TamrielicGrass.esp tg_pineforest_bentgrass [GRAS:06000802]>
[00:08] <Debug: Processing tg_pineforest_heather,True TamrielicGrass.esp tg_pineforest_heather [GRAS:06000803]>
[00:08] <Debug: Processing tg_field_lupinus01,True TamrielicGrass.esp tg_field_lupinus01 [GRAS:06000804]>
[00:08] <Debug: Processing tg_pineforest_drygrass,True TamrielicGrass.esp tg_pineforest_drygrass [GRAS:06000805]>

You can also just verify if the Preview window lists the base record you specifically forced to true.

Overall it is preferable for the plugin to have correct bounds.

Thanks for the quick answer! It wasn't actually read properly. I switched to the non-eslyfied version of the mod and now all grass is taken into account, even without the added ",True". Should one add esl instead of esp in the end of the file name even if it's just an esp flagged as esl or shouldn't that be the problem?

I also tried to regenerate the bounds in the CK, but some of them just stay zero. Maybe I should try some other grass mods as well.

Edited by gigan2

17 hours ago, gigan2 said:

Thanks for the quick answer! It wasn't actually read properly. I switched to the non-eslyfied version of the mod and now all grass is taken into account, even without the added ",True". Should one add esl instead of esp in the end of the file name even if it's just an esp flagged as esl or shouldn't that be the problem?

I also tried to regenerate the bounds in the CK, but some of them just stay zero. Maybe I should try some other grass mods as well.

I will have too look into why that happens and fix that for the next version. The filename of the file is correct if only the ESL flag is added and nothing else changed.

9 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Hey sheson, I noticed that if I use window glow LOD, sometimes when I got closer to a say farmhouse, the light will flicker and when I'm very close the window is not glowing anymore. How do I fix this?

Is this behavior different between DynDOLDO 2.x and the DynDOLOD 3 alpha?
Instead of saying "sometimes" say when or which model it happens.

The usual FAQ answer about flickering apply.  Large reference bugs etc.

Generate LOD with the Glow Windows High check box checked. If there still is an on/off difference then you have a mod that makes changes to the full model windows. DynDOLOD Resources updates a few Riften houses for that reason.

5 minutes ago, jared_maxwell said:

https://imgur.com/a/2urtRH3

what can cause that grass color difference?

ENB can cause this. If you use an ENB, try switching off in game using Shift + F12 to test.

Otherwise, you can adjust grass color via DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and grass billboard direct/ambient brightness in TexGen to compensate.

It's probably also exacerbated by certain weathers.

47 minutes ago, jared_maxwell said:

https://imgur.com/a/2urtRH3

what can cause that grass color difference?

From the second post or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html

In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), change the GrassBrightnessTop and GrassBrightnessBottom settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Hey guys, 

So I was posting earlier about not being able to get the grass added to my lods. I'm starting to think that it's not the grass that's the issue, but all billboards as I've noticed that I'm even getting tree pop-in. I stopped posting for a few days because I started heavily messing with my load order again. I've watched all of the tutorials on youtube, some of them multiple times, and read through the manual and some of the help files. I'm at a total loss. The Tex and Dyndo outputs were both generated without error. Dyndo ESM is below all other esms, esp is at the bottom. I've included a video showing these things. 

Logs: https://we.tl/t-m4dPwO0exi
Skyrim Ini and prefs: https://we.tl/t-j5wq4TedJs
Grass Control Ini: https://we.tl/t-oMJCYkzJJX

I've tried caching the grass before tex gen and dyndo, I've tried Tex gen and then caching the grass then dyndo. Neither works. Honestly I'm starting to feel like a real big dumdum because I'm putting a lot of energy into this and just can't seem to figure it out. I know @sheson you wanted me to add verbose or something, but I think my mistake is simpler than that, as I'm not getting tree lods either. Please have mercy on this incompetent soul! 

26 minutes ago, RogueRim said:

Hey guys, 

So I was posting earlier about not being able to get the grass added to my lods. I'm starting to think that it's not the grass that's the issue, but all billboards as I've noticed that I'm even getting tree pop-in. I stopped posting for a few days because I started heavily messing with my load order again. I've watched all of the tutorials on youtube, some of them multiple times, and read through the manual and some of the help files. I'm at a total loss. The Tex and Dyndo outputs were both generated without error. Dyndo ESM is below all other esms, esp is at the bottom. I've included a video showing these things. 

Logs: https://we.tl/t-m4dPwO0exi
Skyrim Ini and prefs: https://we.tl/t-j5wq4TedJs
Grass Control Ini: https://we.tl/t-oMJCYkzJJX

I've tried caching the grass before tex gen and dyndo, I've tried Tex gen and then caching the grass then dyndo. Neither works. Honestly I'm starting to feel like a real big dumdum because I'm putting a lot of energy into this and just can't seem to figure it out. I know @sheson you wanted me to add verbose or something, but I think my mistake is simpler than that, as I'm not getting tree lods either. Please have mercy on this incompetent soul! 

That video pretty much useless regarding grass LOD. Grass LOD is part of object LOD meshes. The plugins, the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM has nothing to do with it at all.
The video shows short LOD distances. Increase the tree LOD distance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings.

TexGen does not care about the grass cache files.
The game INIs do not affect grass LOD generation.
Grass Control INI does not affect grass LOD generation.

No need to waste time doing unrelated things. I wrote a post with lots of things to check related to grass LOD generation. Last time  everything looked to be in place for LODGen to be able to generate grass LOD in the object LOD meshes, but the object LOD meshes you checked in NifSkope didn't contain grass LOD.

Since the load order changed, check again that LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt contains GrassMap=..LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt and that that file lists the desired grass billboards for the worldspace. Also check that GrassDensity is not 0 or another silly low number. Let it be something between 33 and 100.
If that is in place and the BTO still do not show obvious grass, do the verbose LODGen run in expert mode. Then check/upload that log.

First, follow all of the instruction sheson advised, but do note that some of your Skyrim INI settings are pretty far off from what we recommend in our guides. DynDOLOD MCM uses [terrainmanager] settings from the game INIs at first load of a new DynDOLOD under a new game in my XP. The LOD distances you have set are significantly lower than my own in some cases, and your multiplier is 1/8 of what we recommend (4.00, which I think is also mentioned somewhere in DynDOLOD doc).

Please try following our BethINI instructions for basic game INI setup so that that is not a contributing factor. This will get your view distances set at a reasonable 'medium' baseline (you can fine tune later).

We also have basic guidelines for LODGen using DynDOLOD 2.xx. The general principles and UI are very similar under DynDOLOD 3 alpha. None of this instruction pertains to grass LOD, but it should help you get the basics situated and reduce the 'noise' of these other issues so that you can focus on your original grass problem.

@z929669 thanks for the bethini link! I made all of the changes and messed around with the tree distance settings in the mcm. My trees are visible now! :)

@sheson I ran the lodgen for Tamriel after making the expert and verbose changes you asked for. I did so after deleting everything from the logs folder just fyi. I assume that has no affect on anything. Here are the three files it created: https://we.tl/t-kHgYPIg9Jq The Nifskope image still has no grass as far as I can tell. LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt does contain GrassMap=..LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt and the file lists the desired grass billboards for the worldspace. GrassDensity is at 65.

Thanks again for the courteous and quick help!

26 minutes ago, RogueRim said:

@z929669 thanks for the bethini link! I made all of the changes and messed around with the tree distance settings in the mcm. My trees are visible now! :)

@sheson I ran the lodgen for Tamriel after making the expert and verbose changes you asked for. I did so after deleting everything from the logs folder just fyi. I assume that has no affect on anything. Here are the three files it created: https://we.tl/t-kHgYPIg9Jq The Nifskope image still has no grass as far as I can tell. LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt does contain GrassMap=..LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt and the file lists the desired grass billboards for the worldspace. GrassDensity is at 65.

Thanks again for the courteous and quick help!

The log seems to indicate it finds cgid files and grass placements.
Check ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.-16.-20.bto  in NifSkope if it contains something that looks like grass LOD .