DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

30 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Sure. I wasn't questioning your observations :) They're valid for your specific load order.

I don't think they can be generalized to any arbitrary load order. So the safe default NoCellsWithNAVM=1 is justified in the absence of custom, load order-specific DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_childworld_[WORLDSPACE].ini configuration. It's also a shorthand to limit copying references to cells outside the city walls only (which typically don't have navmeshes in the child worldspace). Blindly copying stuff from the parent worldspace to child cells (wholly or partially) inside the city walls is more likely to produce "rogue" objects inside the walls, as demonstrated by your Solitude example.

Copying is done on an entire cell basis but city walls are not aligned on cell boundaries. Ideally and hypothetically, if only parent worldspace's references placed outside the walls were copied, while the parent areas inside the walls were ignored, this could prevent visually "rogue" objects and navmesh interferences.

It's probably simpler and more efficient to manually fix individual mods than trying to find a generic solution.

Very true, and I have barely any mods modifying the exterior areas of cities, with Solitude being the exception, so my load order is fairly easy on that regard.

I noticed that some dock corner pieces are rotated 90 degrees clockwise in the LOD, despite the lod and full model meshes being perfectly aligned. Here are pictures of one example:

UcfLgSs.pngkHLy0HK.pngvPvs3mC.pngC6iWxAt.png

Caption for the pictures in their order of appearance:
1. The dock copy as seen in the child worldspace (SolitudeWorld)
2. The dock LOD as seen in the child worldspace
3. The original dock as seen in the parent worldspace (Tamriel)
4. The dock LOD as seen in the parent worldspace

EDID of the dock copy: skyrimesm_01991F_SolitudeWorld_DynDOLOD_PARENT_DynDOLOD_NOLOD

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/8adAyAyb#MD_N7VeQYpMyLxIRf2nGm5IlU-2YVMgbRBro4r2kWY4

The full model dock is from Static Mesh Improvement Mod, and the LOD model is from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

JMIo67Y.png

Edited by Blackread

19 hours ago, Blackread said:

Update:

I tried hiding the landscape as you suggested, but force hiding the quads made no difference in the xLODGen terrain LOD output. I instead made a plugin with which I dug a "hole" (or a valley) into the hill where the mine entrance is, that got rid of the terrain LOD in the tunnel, and the underside too.

I am going to answer to each thing in a separate posts. If there is something I haven'r replied to in say a week (and it is still present after any updates that I might release in the meantime) feel free to post a reminder for that particular issue.

So far the hide quad flag was only used for terrain under side generation. Get xLODGen beta 99 that now has a corresponding check box for LOD level 4.
Unless the hidden quads are properly covered by LOD objects, the holes might become very visible. That is probably one of the reassons CK doesn't do it for terrain LOD generation.
Hence disabled by default. If you know the exact filename of the terrain LOD mesh, just use Specific Chunk: 4, -44, 0 for example.

2 hours ago, Blackread said:

I noticed that some dock corner pieces are rotated 90 degrees clockwise in the LOD, despite the lod and full model meshes being perfectly aligned. Here are pictures of one example:

UcfLgSs.pngkHLy0HK.pngvPvs3mC.pngC6iWxAt.png

Caption for the pictures in their order of appearance:
1. The dock copy as seen in the child worldspace (SolitudeWorld)
2. The dock LOD as seen in the child worldspace
3. The original dock as seen in the parent worldspace (Tamriel)
4. The dock LOD as seen in the parent worldspace

EDID of the dock copy: skyrimesm_01991F_SolitudeWorld_DynDOLOD_PARENT_DynDOLOD_NOLOD

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/8adAyAyb#MD_N7VeQYpMyLxIRf2nGm5IlU-2YVMgbRBro4r2kWY4

The full model dock is from Static Mesh Improvement Mod, and the LOD model is from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

JMIo67Y.png

Will be fixed next alpha version of DynDOLOD Resources.

About https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies

Specific Reference Matching

If the same reference is listed for both, it means it does not have a match in the other worldspace but should also be ignored for copying.

In case a mod requires manual additions to specifically match references or to ignore them for copying, make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum so the data can be added for all users in a future update.

• Does this mean ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_ChildworldMatches.txt is off-limit to end-users?
  • How should an end-user proceed to exclude specific references from copying without requesting an official update, which may not be applicable to all users?

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

About https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies

• Does this mean ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_ChildworldMatches.txt is off-limit to end-users?
  • How should an end-user proceed to exclude specific references from copying without requesting an official update, which may not be applicable to all users?

Thank you.

Users who do not want to edit the configuration file themselves can post on the official DynDOLOD support forum with logs and useful screenshots, thus help improve the tools for everyone and themselves with the next update.

Users who can edit the configuration file with the help of the explanations can at the same time post the edits to the official DynDOLOD support forum to help improve the tools for everyone without having to wait for the update to be released. Once they install the new version, the changes are included and they won't have to remember to edit the configuration file again.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

I am going to answer to each thing in a separate posts. If there is something I haven'r replied to in say a week (and it is still present after any updates that I might release in the meantime) feel free to post a reminder for that particular issue.

So far the hide quad flag was only used for terrain under side generation. Get xLODGen beta 99 that now has a corresponding check box for LOD level 4.
Unless the hidden quads are properly covered by LOD objects, the holes might become very visible. That is probably one of the reassons CK doesn't do it for terrain LOD generation.
Hence disabled by default. If you know the exact filename of the terrain LOD mesh, just use Specific Chunk: 4, -44, 0 for example.

Thank you I got the terrain LOD to work now. However, the underside is still in the way. For some reason it looks like I'm getting a hole in the cell -43, -1 where I hid quads 3 and 4, but not in the cell -43, 0 where I hid quads 1,2,3 and 4.
Gg3b3x3.pngqOZD8mu.png8Ys210c.png

First picture is from inside the mine tunnel, looking towards Markarth. The last picture is from under the terrain. The black tube is the mine tunnel, which pierces the underside. The gap in the underside is visible above it.

Logs and the plugin I used to hide the terrain. It was placed dead last in my load order while generating, so shouldn't be overwritten by anything. https://mega.nz/file/RG1mAbKC#4dlXjUlkrZkNXjB_JcCYHyl3sF8TO3-MkbMMJBKOvzE

2 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Thank you I got the terrain LOD to work now. However, the underside is still in the way. For some reason it looks like I'm getting a hole in the cell -43, -1 where I hid quads 3 and 4, but not in the cell -43, 0 where I hid quads 1,2,3 and 4.
Gg3b3x3.pngqOZD8mu.png8Ys210c.png

First picture is from inside the mine tunnel, looking towards Markarth. The last picture is from under the terrain. The black tube is the mine tunnel, which pierces the underside. The gap in the underside is visible above it.

Logs and the plugin I used to hide the terrain. It was placed dead last in my load order while generating, so shouldn't be overwritten by anything. https://mega.nz/file/RG1mAbKC#4dlXjUlkrZkNXjB_JcCYHyl3sF8TO3-MkbMMJBKOvzE

Upload the terrain BTR and the underside NIF.

Hi. i get this error when i am trying to update my occlusion.esp through dyndolod.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Duplicate editor ID in DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025E93] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 26,7) and DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025A57] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 8,-6)

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

these were the only logs that were generated

Logs.zip

23 minutes ago, teadude said:

Hi. i get this error when i am trying to update my occlusion.esp through dyndolod.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Duplicate editor ID in DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025E93] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 26,7) and DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025A57] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 8,-6)

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

these were the only logs that were generated

Logs.zip 663.61 kB · 0 downloads

The DynDOLOD plugins were generated with an outdated version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Get the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.
Generate new DynDOLOD, Occlusion plugins from scratch and install them.
Backup the debug log from that generation.
Then try to update Occlusion.esp to see if a duplicate EditorID error still happens.
If that is the case upload the debug log you backed up and the DynDOLOD plugin mentioned in the message.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

The DynDOLOD plugins were generated with an outdated version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Get the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.
Generate new DynDOLOD, Occlusion plugins from scratch and install them.
Backup the debug log from that generation.
Then try to update Occlusion.esp to see if a duplicate EditorID error still happens.
If that is the case upload the debug log you backed up and the DynDOLOD plugin mentioned in the message.

would i have to start a new playthrough when doing this? or can i continue playing mid save? would i have to follow the clean save method?

On 8/15/2023 at 7:07 PM, sheson said:

I added export of the native terrain height data to a texture/image for doodlum for a test. It is also part of not yet released xLODGen terrain LOD beta.

The readme has a bit of information.

Terrain-Heightmap-Readme.txt 1.41 kB · 6 downloads

So, to get this right: This is just for a (future/maybe) mod release from doodlum and not really needed for any (new) functionality of DynDOLOD, right? Or with other words - if I activate this setting I'll see no difference, because the heightmap alone doesn't do anything?

7 hours ago, PRieST said:

So, to get this right: This is just for a (future/maybe) mod release from doodlum and not really needed for any (new) functionality of DynDOLOD, right? Or with other words - if I activate this setting I'll see no difference, because the heightmap alone doesn't do anything?

The terrain heightmap is a modders resources that by itself doesn't do anything. The INI setting is just exposing an option in xLODGen.