DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

See what happens with this test version https://mega.nz/file/YVZgwR5R#xTdlHDwwapksrxIj7Xv8lWGrs4YXhDTozrPrtHcWfxA.
Use default DynDOLOD INI settings. Clean log folder first. Upload the DynDOLOD log and debug and bugreport.txt if it exists.

I will test that as soon as my test to see if it was me trying to use it as a tool in vortex and it seems to be working with UseMipmaps=1

Edited by Rozen
Fixing miss spelling

22 minutes ago, Rozen said:

It worked that time without using as a tool through vortex, here are the logs might help pinpoint it if it is that making it crash and get stuck> https://ufile.io/f/9bzeh

Why i think it is that is the main program when using it through vortex would put it under the vortex process and making it not run as intended.

DynDOLOD works the same regardless of what program is starting it. In particular, other than actual error messages reported back by the OS file functions, it will not know about the underlying processes. Maybe the required access rights or exceptions are not inherited properly. That would be an issue out of the control of DynDOLOD.

Could also be just a fluke that it ran through once without error. 

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD works the same regardless of what program is starting it. In particular, other than actual error messages reported back by the OS file functions, it will not know about the underlying particulars.

ah okay, I was just pointing that out sense before it was ether crashing or getting stuck every time until i ran it without using it through vortex, i am testing the new one you sent right now and made sure the .ini file does not have any extras added to it.

Ran version 108 with NG 1.  Same thing.  No water wheels.  Went to 3 or 4 other locations and there wasn't a water wheel there either.  Just the splashes as if it was there.  Again, can walk thru it so its not actually there.  Hitting command prompts doesn't help since it's not there.  Keep getting fxrapids.nif cos its water there.  I deselected terrain underside, "Large" and under rules...used defaults on "Tree" and "\".  No difference.  I would like to include logs for both dyndolod and texgen, but they say file too large.  Which makes sense as I use a lot of mods.  Is there something I can look for in the logs that I can just copy those parts and add here?  Again when I use normal setup or add texgen, they are there.  When I run dyndolod, they are not.  Not sure how long this has been going on.  Like what version of dyndolod caused it to do this.  I did clean uninstall, so there isn't any left over stuff.  Using Vortex with 1.5.97.

Curious if this is happening with anyone else.

Edited by Kansas72

43 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Ran version 108 with NG 1.  Same thing.

Hitting command prompts doesn't help since it's not there.  Keep getting fxrapids.nif cos its water there.

I would like to include logs for both dyndolod and texgen, but they say file too large. 

As explained on the first post, always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Make and post a screenshot of the waterwheel selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make that screenshot when the waterwheel is visible, so you can click it with console open.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. As explained on the first post or my signature, use a file or text service. As explained on the first post, consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

Tested it without running it through vortex and got stuck at creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 1024 again then tested again without running it through vortex and it got stuck at the same spot.

Here is the log> https://ufile.io/f/a6weg

And here is what it was doing in task manager, i looked and there was nothing else from it running just the one in the pic.

c21b24b6bb255e2f338c1857da9d3455.png

Thank you Sheson.  I did run on the later versions and that's when I first noticed the issue.  I went back to earlier versions, like 108 and ng 1 to see if same thing happened.  I was trying to see when It first started, so I could let you know.  That way you could see whatever was added to newer versions was causing this weird issue.  I will re-run with newest versions again, but water wheels won't show up.  Is there a part of log I could add to this forum, since it appears the whole log is too big.  I thought about disabling mods and re-running dyndolod that way.  I really love the way dyndolod looks in game, so I want to find the answer.  I think it's amazing what you are doing. 

37 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

I went back to earlier versions, like 108 and ng 1 to see if same thing happened.

I will re-run with newest versions again, but water wheels won't show up.

Is there a part of log I could add to this forum, since it appears the whole log is too big.

As explained on the first post, always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Make and post a screenshot of the waterwheel selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make that screenshot without DynDOLOD active when the waterwheel is visible, so it can be seen and clicked with console open.

Read the first post which log (truncate to the last meaningful session) and which entire debug log to upload when making posts. As explained on the first post or my signature, use a file or text service. As explained on the first post, consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

1 hour ago, Rozen said:

Tested it without running it through vortex and got stuck at creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 1024 again then tested again without running it through vortex and it got stuck at the same spot.

Here is the log> https://ufile.io/f/a6weg

And here is what it was doing in task manager, i looked and there was nothing else from it running just the one in the pic.

c21b24b6bb255e2f338c1857da9d3455.png

Upload the log/debug log of this test version https://mega.nz/file/JAx1WQZC#NRTxgG9vcm1VDrXNNz7a-rTSOB-u90LKIWY6fZNp_Wk

Then add CPUMipMaps=1 to the DynDOLOD INI. It should run through no matter what. It is to double check that it is indeed a problem that happens when loading the textures to the GPU and not something earlier in the process.

Hi. Sheson.  Waterwheel man here.  I ran dyndolod 3 with latest versions of NG alpha 2, resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Ran with basic settings on texgen and same with dyndolod.  Only selected areas and high setting, nothing advanced.  Also ran with what I normally choose in advanced settings and same thing, no water wheels in both instances.  Then I ran it with old method...2.82.4, dll skse64 plugin for 1.5.97, but did use latest versions of resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Water wheels were there in each instance.  So something with NG is causing water wheels to not show up, at least in my game.  Both NG alpha 1 and 2.  The 2.82.4 and the 1.5.97 combo works.  For dyndolod, the only difference between the combo versus NG is the large reference box to click on.  That is the only setting or box I didn't use because its not an option with old method.  Other than that, I chose the same settings and options.  I looked thru large references, but only saw references for Ivarstead and Mixwater Mill.  I included large references log.  I could be wrong, but since one of the biggest changes I see is the large references box being added, I kind of believe that's the issue.  Just not sure why though.   I ran old method a few times and water wheels were there in all instances.  Not sure if there is a way to use sseedit to clean those files listed.  Than try NG again.  Any suggestion would be helpful.  Thank you

large references.txt

5 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Hi. Sheson.  Waterwheel man here.  I ran dyndolod 3 with latest versions of NG alpha 2, resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Ran with basic settings on texgen and same with dyndolod.  Only selected areas and high setting, nothing advanced.  Also ran with what I normally choose in advanced settings and same thing, no water wheels in both instances.  Then I ran it with old method...2.82.4, dll skse64 plugin for 1.5.97, but did use latest versions of resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Water wheels were there in each instance.  So something with NG is causing water wheels to not show up, at least in my game.  Both NG alpha 1 and 2.  The 2.82.4 and the 1.5.97 combo works.  For dyndolod, the only difference between the combo versus NG is the large reference box to click on.  That is the only setting or box I didn't use because its not an option with old method.  Other than that, I chose the same settings and options.  I looked thru large references, but only saw references for Ivarstead and Mixwater Mill.  I included large references log.  I could be wrong, but since one of the biggest changes I see is the large references box being added, I kind of believe that's the issue.  Just not sure why though.   I ran old method a few times and water wheels were there in all instances.  Not sure if there is a way to use sseedit to clean those files listed.  Than try NG again.  Any suggestion would be helpful.  Thank you

large references.txt 230.88 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. Use a file or text service as explained on the first post or my signature.

Post a screenshot of one of the waterwheels selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make the screenshot while the waterwheel is visible before generating LOD.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Upload the log/debug log of this test version https://mega.nz/file/JAx1WQZC#NRTxgG9vcm1VDrXNNz7a-rTSOB-u90LKIWY6fZNp_Wk

Then add CPUMipMaps=1 to the DynDOLOD INI. It should run through no matter what. It is to double check that it is indeed a problem that happens when loading the textures to the GPU and not something earlier in the process.

I just woke up and seen your message, i am going to do that now.

Run 1 nothing added to the .ini file: When getting to the files it was getting stuck on before it maxes out the CPU but goes back down right after getting done with them, so any time it makes a Glow,dds file. This time it got to creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_DLC01SoulCairn_Glow.dds 256 x 256 then got stuck with 2 processes going, one as a background processes, the one under app is shown here with memory staying the same and CPU going from a low 21% to around 30% 

97b1985bb38f50702539aba479486dd6.png

And the one in the background staying around 30% with also no change in the memory.

60b0951a9c2ce0133ec4f67bb02b7bd2.png

Here is the log of run 1> https://ufile.io/f/fqig7

Going to go do the .ini edit you said to do then run again.

Edited by Rozen
Website Error and put the post up for me.