DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

No issues to report, all working fine here with Alpha-93! Just two questions regarding LOD resources. This is likely also the case with vanilla LOD meshes. All the nordic ruin stair pieces (example: Meshes\lod\nordicexterior\norextwallbgstairssingle01_lod_0.nif) use a part of Markarths LOD textures (textures\lod\mrkbuildingslod01.dds), which causes a mismatch using most retextures. Everything else is already auto generated and matching fine! For now, I just pointed them to another texture to fix it, but maybe it would be possible to auto-generate them too? The full models use \Textures\dungeons\ridgedstonestairs01.dds.

Second question, I've been working on redoing the LOD0 mountain meshes, and ran into the "H" and "L" variants for LOD0, an example would be mountaincliff01_lod_0h.nif and mountaincliff01_lod_0l.nif. What exactly is the difference between these 2? They seem to be identical in NifSkope.

4 hours ago, Phlunder said:

No issues to report, all working fine here with Alpha-93! Just two questions regarding LOD resources. This is likely also the case with vanilla LOD meshes. All the nordic ruin stair pieces (example: Meshes\lod\nordicexterior\norextwallbgstairssingle01_lod_0.nif) use a part of Markarths LOD textures (textures\lod\mrkbuildingslod01.dds), which causes a mismatch using most retextures. Everything else is already auto generated and matching fine! For now, I just pointed them to another texture to fix it, but maybe it would be possible to auto-generate them too? The full models use \Textures\dungeons\ridgedstonestairs01.dds.

Second question, I've been working on redoing the LOD0 mountain meshes, and ran into the "H" and "L" variants for LOD0, an example would be mountaincliff01_lod_0h.nif and mountaincliff01_lod_0l.nif. What exactly is the difference between these 2? They seem to be identical in NifSkope.

mrkbuildingslod01 is a rendered LOD texture that is automatically updated. Is it just that those full model stairs use a different full textures compared to the Markarth stairs?

The L/H  difference is in the vertex color alpha values. It controls how light or heavy the cover of the HD LOD snow shader is. See last paragraph of https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader

On 6/4/2022 at 5:23 PM, sheson said:

mrkbuildingslod01 is a rendered LOD texture that is automatically updated. Is it just that those full model stairs use a different full textures compared to the Markarth stairs?

The L/H  difference is in the vertex color alpha values. It controls how light or heavy the cover of the HD LOD snow shader is. See last paragraph of https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader

Yes, mrkbuildingslod01 is rendered by TexGen and matches perfectly, but the stairs used in Markarth have a different set of textures than the Nordic ruin assets. To be exact, they use: 

textures\architecture\markarth\MrkStairsChunky01.dds

While the nordic ruin exterior pieces use:

textures\dungeons\RidgedStoneStairs01.dds

This might not be as apparent with vanilla textures because they are more similar. Here is an example using retextures:

cKA8ONh.png GBZhBJP.png

Thanks for explanation regarding the mountain LOD meshes, that clears it up!

Hi!  Obviously I'm a bit new here, but no amount of googling or searching this forum has turned up a satisfactory answer, so I guess I need a bit of troubleshooting help.

The DynDOLOD.exe keeps crashing when I run it from MO2.  Attempting to run it again then crashes the whole of MO2 back to desktop. 

This is my first time attempting to use DynDOLOD after years of modding, so I haven't messed with any settings and have been following GamerPoets guide to the letter.

I've installed all the constitute parts and exterior requirements for DynDOLOD (in some cases reinstalled several times just in case).  I have papyrusutils, Visualstudio, .NET runtime, and SkyUI.  The DynDOLOD standalone is installed in my C/Games folder with the rest of my modding utilities.  There was a bit of strangeness with a flickering window when I install DynDOLOD Resources, but the Scripts and DLL installed just fine.  All three are installed and activated, though none seem to have an associated plugin.

The crash is always silent, no error message at all and seems to usually happen during/after LODgen.  The window with the green text just...dies and MO2 unlocks.  I've found the Logs folder but my initial combing through turns up no errors I can find.  It's like the whole process just...decided to turn off.  The DynDOLOD_Outputs folder contains a handful of unzipped Tamriel Terrain meshes and one measly landscape texture. 

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated, I have no idea where I went wrong here.

I get this error, I follow the instructions but I see no errors in the log...

[23:57] Generating Occlusion
[24:01] Copying 16325 cells
[24:58] <Error: Occlusion generation aborted due to LODGen error>
[25:01] DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Blackreach. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Blackreach_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for JaphetsFollyWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_JaphetsFollyWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01FalmerValley. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01FalmerValley_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC1HunterHQWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC1HunterHQWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DeepwoodRedoubtWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Sovngarde. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Sovngarde_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for SkuldafnWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2ApocryphaWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01SoulCairn. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for MarkarthWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[25:01] Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

I have checked the logs but find nothing I'll attach the as many logs I can (3mbs is a bit low, so I upload on google drive)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MhIYaj3jzfaH58L0vPV1hTZb7cCcgkMz/view?usp=sharing

loadorder.txt

Edited by Zyrax69

2 hours ago, Zyrax69 said:

I get this error, I follow the instructions but I see no errors in the log...

[23:57] Generating Occlusion
[24:01] Copying 16325 cells
[24:58] <Error: Occlusion generation aborted due to LODGen error>
[25:01] DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Blackreach. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Blackreach_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for JaphetsFollyWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_JaphetsFollyWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01FalmerValley. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01FalmerValley_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC1HunterHQWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC1HunterHQWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DeepwoodRedoubtWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Sovngarde. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Sovngarde_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for SkuldafnWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2ApocryphaWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01SoulCairn. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for MarkarthWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt>
[25:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000094. Check C:\mods\Real_Life_Skyrim\Tools\dynDOLD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[25:01] Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

I have checked the logs but find nothing I'll attach the as many logs I can (3mbs is a bit low, so I upload on google drive)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MhIYaj3jzfaH58L0vPV1hTZb7cCcgkMz/view?usp=sharing

loadorder.txt 11.8 kB · 0 downloads

I made it work I think, Just redid the whole proces of lodgen, texgen and dyndolod downloaded some other grass mods idk

31 minutes ago, Zyrax69 said:

I made it work I think, Just redid the whole proces of lodgen, texgen and dyndolod downloaded some other grass mods idk

In case there are still problems, upload ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Blackreach.txt.

If it went through without issue, enjoy.

I have run into an few Problems with my LODs

My first problem are these dark spots, which you can see in the picture below.

rkgN8UJX_o.jpg

My second Problem are holes in the LODs like the ones in the Picture below.

VDjrNw36_o.jpg

My DynDOLOD MCM is included below, aswell as the DynDOLOD settings used to generate the LODs.

wVAY0Sdk_o.jpg

WKImM8JV_o.jpg

I83O4M1l_o.jpg

PkfP8xlG_o.jpg

bg5S3zE5_o.png

A link to my plugins and Load Order: https://modwat.ch/u/Scarlett/plugins

A link to my log files: https://ufile.io/f/hl2jt

I hope this is the right thread and I included all the necessary information.

42 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

rkgN8UJX_o.jpg

VDjrNw36_o.jpg

My DynDOLOD MCM is included below, aswell as the DynDOLOD settings used to generate the LODs.

wVAY0Sdk_o.jpg

WKImM8JV_o.jpg

I83O4M1l_o.jpg

PkfP8xlG_o.jpg

bg5S3zE5_o.png

It looks like you need to generate proper terrain LOD with xLODGen if you are referring to the ground textures being too dark.

23 hours ago, freakingfairy said:

Hi!  Obviously I'm a bit new here, but no amount of googling or searching this forum has turned up a satisfactory answer, so I guess I need a bit of troubleshooting help.

The DynDOLOD.exe keeps crashing when I run it from MO2.  Attempting to run it again then crashes the whole of MO2 back to desktop. 

This is my first time attempting to use DynDOLOD after years of modding, so I haven't messed with any settings and have been following GamerPoets guide to the letter.

I've installed all the constitute parts and exterior requirements for DynDOLOD (in some cases reinstalled several times just in case).  I have papyrusutils, Visualstudio, .NET runtime, and SkyUI.  The DynDOLOD standalone is installed in my C/Games folder with the rest of my modding utilities.  There was a bit of strangeness with a flickering window when I install DynDOLOD Resources, but the Scripts and DLL installed just fine.  All three are installed and activated, though none seem to have an associated plugin.

The crash is always silent, no error message at all and seems to usually happen during/after LODgen.  The window with the green text just...dies and MO2 unlocks.  I've found the Logs folder but my initial combing through turns up no errors I can find.  It's like the whole process just...decided to turn off.  The DynDOLOD_Outputs folder contains a handful of unzipped Tamriel Terrain meshes and one measly landscape texture. 

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated, I have no idea where I went wrong here.

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons
In addition to DynDOLOD generating object, tree and dynamic LOD for seasons, also use xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate terrain LOD meshes and textures for the different seasons.

Sorry!  I was hoping it would be an easily recognized problem.

Strangely, these logs were generated yesterday and haven't been regenerated in any subsequent attempts. 

I've already tries re-installing DynDOLOD Resources several times now and have seen no change.  As described, there's a strange flickering alert window but then MO2 claims the installation was successful 

DynDO proof.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

53 minutes ago, freakingfairy said:

Sorry!  I was hoping it would be an easily recognized problem.

Strangely, these logs were generated yesterday and haven't been regenerated in any subsequent attempts. 

I've already tries re-installing DynDOLOD Resources several times now and have seen no change.  As described, there's a strange flickering alert window but then MO2 claims the installation was successful 

DynDO proof.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 47.85 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 39.81 kB · 0 downloads

This is not a crash. DynDOLOD.exe stops with an error message. The relevant log lines are:

Started by: C:\Windows\explorer.exe, Version: 10.0.19041.1706, Date: 2022-05-13 02:30:23
Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation.

For tools or the game to "see" the virtual data folder they need to be started from MO2.
https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions

https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL#Installation

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is not a crash. DynDOLOD.exe stops with an error message. The relevant log lines are:

Started by: C:\Windows\explorer.exe, Version: 10.0.19041.1706, Date: 2022-05-13 02:30:23
Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation.

For tools or the game to "see" the virtual data folder they need to be started from MO2.
https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions

https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL#Installation

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders

That's the only copy of those logs you asked for in the folder, I did try running DynDOLOD outside of MO2 once to see if that would fix the problem, but of course it didn't help.

Every other time I've tried to run DynDOLOD it has been through MO2 and it's still just failing,