DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

alpha 88 seems to work fine again,  i dont know if it was the beta update or me removing the following mods:-

jk's all in one and all the patches

cfto and the patches

oh god more bees

skybirds

hope us on the beta windows 11 haven't caused you too much unnecessary work.

6 hours ago, NBBEAST said:

I restarted my laptop and I don't get the error anymore when running texgen. 

The restart fixed that the system reported just "OpenGL version: 1.1.0", which is typically what the Windows fallback graphics driver reports. 

You could search the new debug log now for "OpenGL version" for the current version reported to see the difference.

7 hours ago, adrianb said:

alpha 88 seems to work fine again,  i dont know if it was the beta update or me removing the following mods:-

jk's all in one and all the patches

cfto and the patches

oh god more bees

skybirds

hope us on the beta windows 11 haven't caused you too much unnecessary work.

Local variables becoming undefined exceptions in LODGen are definitely not caused by mods.

It did cost quite some time/work, maybe more than I'd liked - including installing Windows 11 in a VM and then installing the insider preview, but I would not call it unnecessary. 

5 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

it might just be placebo, but I think the .net 6 version runs faster too.

That's most likely because of different threadsplit defaults. Though long running generations with 3D tree LOD or grass LOD could be a couple minutes faster because of micro optimizations.

23 hours ago, sheson said:

@DarthVitrial @adrianb @Zahkrii

It seems you have these problems because of Windows Insider Preview (Dev/Beta) 22593. It also updates .Net Framework 4.8 to a new build.

I see, I should have mentioned earlier that I was using the Insider Build. Thanks for painstakingly finding a reason for our problems lmao. Unfortunately for me it seems very difficult to revert to a non-insider preview build of windows. Guess I'll have to wait until it updates to a version that lets DynDOLOD work. But it seems strange how these builds f*cks processes like this entirely.

5 hours ago, Zahkrii said:

I see, I should have mentioned earlier that I was using the Insider Build. Thanks for painstakingly finding a reason for our problems lmao. Unfortunately for me it seems very difficult to revert to a non-insider preview build of windows. Guess I'll have to wait until it updates to a version that lets DynDOLOD work. But it seems strange how these builds f*cks processes like this entirely.

See this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-88/?do=findComment&comment=259371

It worked for the other users.

Sorry for the wild goose chase in identifying the issue, but at least the new .net 6 version works amazingly well! I’ve run it a few times, not only is it bug free (other than that one time it hit the weird race condition) but it’s definitely faster. Seems to be a little gentler on my ram as well.

hopefully if you ever need to update to .net 7 in the future it won’t be as time consuming as going from 4 to 6.

1 hour ago, DarthVitrial said:

Sorry for the wild goose chase in identifying the issue, but at least the new .net 6 version works amazingly well! I’ve run it a few times, not only is it bug free (other than that one time it hit the weird race condition) but it’s definitely faster. Seems to be a little gentler on my ram as well.

hopefully if you ever need to update to .net 7 in the future it won’t be as time consuming as going from 4 to 6.

It wasn't that particular hard in this case, since it's a console program that mostly reads/writes binary files and does some "math" in between and none of that needs changes. Both versions are compiled from same source. Next Alpha version will silently check if the new version works (e.g. is Net 6 runtime installed) and use net48 in case it isn't.

Hi sheson, thx for developing this awesome mod. Im using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha88 with Season of Skyrim. Those mods combined really refresh my understanding with Skyrim mods capability.

Although I spotted something strange. The smelter outside Lakeview Mannor seemed broken. Everytime I tried to interact with this smelter, it said:"someone else is using this". I opened game console(using mod More Information Console) and selected smelter, the console said Base Defined in: DynDOLOD.esm.

I quitted the game and removed DynDOLOD_Output folder from MO2. I entered the game once and reloaded the previous save that smelter has not been built yet. I built it again and wala smelter worked again.

I hope someone can really help me with this issue. Im really confusing how to get this smelter back to work without uninstalling DynDOLOD.

Cheers

:help:

1 hour ago, Altum_Caelum said:

Hi sheson, thx for developing this awesome mod. Im using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha88 with Season of Skyrim. Those mods combined really refresh my understanding with Skyrim mods capability.

Although I spotted something strange. The smelter outside Lakeview Mannor seemed broken. Everytime I tried to interact with this smelter, it said:"someone else is using this". I opened game console(using mod More Information Console) and selected smelter, the console said Base Defined in: DynDOLOD.esm.

I quitted the game and removed DynDOLOD_Output folder from MO2. I entered the game once and reloaded the previous save that smelter has not been built yet. I built it again and wala smelter worked again.

I hope someone can really help me with this issue. Im really confusing how to get this smelter back to work without uninstalling DynDOLOD.

Cheers

:help:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Make a screenshot with console open that also shows the ref form id of the object in question.

Check in xEdit if there are any plugins overwriting 0009C6CE and let me know.

How would I go about generating lod for pine shrubs, yellow shrubs and other such plants?  I tried adjusting the minimum values for volume and height in the TexGen_SSE.ini but it didn't create billboards for these plants.  Would I need to force the creation of billboards by creating a file such as the examples given in the TexGen configuration section in Help on the DynDOLOD page?  

41 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

How would I go about generating lod for pine shrubs, yellow shrubs and other such plants?  I tried adjusting the minimum values for volume and height in the TexGen_SSE.ini but it didn't create billboards for these plants.  Would I need to force the creation of billboards by creating a file such as the examples given in the TexGen configuration section in Help on the DynDOLOD page?  

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make post. I moved your post.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
TexGen determines which trees and grasses should have tree/grass LOD billboards automatically created for them based on the model volume and height.
A tree is every base record of the type 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set. Grass is every base record of the type 'GRAS'.

in addition, for TREE base records either the model filename needs to have "tree" in the file path or also have the HasTreeLOD flag set.

The debug log should contain some information for every TREE and GRAS and flagged STAT base record that was looked at. That information might help to determine why something was skipped and set to False in the created [Tree|Grass]_Billboards.txt.

So if you have TREE base records that are plants and thus do not have "tree" anywhere in the file path, set the HasTreeLOD flag for automatic discovery.
Forcing it with via config file might be easier.

Provide one example form id of a base record in question and more detail in case more help is required.