DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

6 hours ago, NBBEAST said:

Oh damn. That might be a major reason im facing a bunch of stutter as well, I selected ultra trees without generating hd billboard. Thanks for letting me know. I also generate grass lod at mode 2 which only increases the drain on my computers resources. I should have known lol. Do you think if i get more memory, I could remedy a major stuttering issue I've been getting with ngio and dyndolod grass lod, etc? I only have 8 gbs ram, gtx 1050ti, but would love to play my skyrim at 1920x1080p with ngio dyndolod grass lod mode 2, regular dyndolod trees, and the various city overhaul mods I have like Redbags solitude. I notice my game won't really drop my frames but just stutter a bunch. I mean i can maintain 40-60 fps outside but it stutters like crazy when it loads new cells for grass, etc to load in I think.

Thank you for your continued responses. 

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance
Use Skyrim Performance Monitor and/or the task manager to track usage of memory. 

3 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

OK, I reinstalled everything from scratch, and...well, I'm at least getting a DIFFERENT crash?

Now it's an Access Violation. Seems like a race condition?
I'll try again, but hopefully the attached logs and bugreport.txt help.

EDIT: OK, second time it was back to the usual mystery failure with no logs. Might be related to that race condition though? Anyway here are my exports and logs for that:
https://mega.nz/file/otcXGQya#r-KhiASkNjngx0N_2lczQHMeOFyeXhdIof1a9pdstDs
https://mega.nz/file/QpsnmSoD#8veEz79OeB0P8UnlYbAe5z_cILKy-8kLH22TocP0lkU
And here's the event log for the .net error. The error mentions Threading again so I suspect the race condition is indeed related:

Reveal hidden contents

Logs.7z 1.52 MB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 384.08 kB · 0 downloads

Test with the DynDOLODx64.exe version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-88/?do=findComment&comment=259053 to see if it changes anything about the Access violation from the bugreport.txt

Each LOD quad is it own thread.

The LODGen crash has most likely to do with a shape having different count for its geometry arrays, e.g the number of vertices and normal's became different somehow.
What is odd is that nothing changed in those routines for months/years even. That is the symptom, need to find the cause.
What is odd is that the try/catch that worked as expected in the initial error report and reported the error to the log with the NIF name, now doesn't seem to work anymore that could help better understand the cause of the error.
What is odd is that having a few more textures on the atlas could make a difference like that. Maybe try a few times with SeasonsCombineAtlas=0 to see it really doesn't happen then.

If you use the LODGen version from 88 again, do you still get the "Error processing ..." line in the log?

Can you make an example list of the different NIFs it reports?

Hello,

So I am trying to run texgen, but it keeps giving me this error saying

invalid resolution 
Create mipmaps. while processing textures\landscape\mountains\MountainSlab02_N.dds.

I am using majestic mountains and dyndolod 3 by the way, I really dont know what I can do and i hope people can help me with this, thanks in advance

Edited by GameWolfShow

3 hours ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance
Use Skyrim Performance Monitor and/or the task manager to track usage of memory. 

Thanks for the response. I'm going to Regen dyndolod and run grass mode 1 without ultra trees. See if that alleviates the stutter issues I've been facing. My hardware is too gimped for mode 2 I think. 

1 hour ago, GameWolfShow said:

Hello,

So I am trying to run texgen, but it keeps giving me this error saying

invalid resolution 
Create mipmaps. while processing textures\landscape\mountains\MountainSlab02_N.dds.

I am using majestic mountains and dyndolod 3 by the way, I really dont know what I can do and i hope people can help me with this, thanks in advance

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts. I moved your post to the thread.

Upload the log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists as explained on the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

The message you pasted seems to tell  you what to do: The texture textures\landscape\mountains\MountainSlab02_N.dds should have mipmaps.

2 hours ago, aragonit said:

I reinstalled the mod and the error was resolved. Very strange indeed.

The xEdit/DynDOLOD log prints the CRC32 of each plugin. You could compare the numbers from older and new log message to see if the plugin was changed.

53 minutes ago, sheson said:

The xEdit/DynDOLOD log prints the CRC32 of each plugin. You could compare the numbers from older and new log message to see if the plugin was changed.

I have only one line with a crc for that file in the whole log:
[00:14] Background Loader: [Point The Way.esp] File loaded (CRC32:CE0124EF)

I can't find any old log files. Only the newest are kept.

Edited by aragonit

2 hours ago, aragonit said:

I have only one line with a crc for that file in the whole log:
[00:14] Background Loader: [Point The Way.esp] File loaded (CRC32:CE0124EF)

I can't find any old log files. Only the newest are kept.

That's the right one.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Test with the DynDOLODx64.exe version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-88/?do=findComment&comment=259053Each LOD quad is it own thread.

The LODGen crash has most likely to do with a shape having different count for its geometry arrays, e.g the number of vertices and normal's became different somehow.
What is odd is that nothing changed in those routines for months/years even. That is the symptom, need to find the cause.
What is odd is that the try/catch that worked as expected in the initial error report and reported the error to the log with the NIF name, now doesn't seem to work anymore that could help better understand the cause of the error.
What is odd is that having a few more textures on the atlas could make a difference like that. Maybe try a few times with SeasonsCombineAtlas=0 to see it really doesn't happen then.

If you use the LODGen version from 88 again, do you still get the "Error processing ..." line in the log?

Can you make an example list of the different NIFs it reports?

No luck with that version either, nor with changing back to the lodgen from 88.

Once again here's the latest argument out of range error from the .net framework:

Application: LODGenx64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.Optimize()
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.ToBSSubIndexTriShape(Boolean, Int32)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.CreateLODNodesSSE(LODGenerator.NiFile, LODGenerator.NifMain.NiNode, LODGenerator.QuadDesc, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<LODGenerator.ShapeDesc>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.DoLOD(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, Boolean)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.<GenerateLOD>b__85_0(LODGenerator.QuadDesc)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(System.Object)

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Int32, Int32, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<Int32>, System.Action`2<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Func`4<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Action`2<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Action`3<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,Int64>, System.Func`4<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`5<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,Int64,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.GenerateLOD(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<LODGenerator.StaticDesc>)
   at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(System.String[])

This time the failure was Tamriel_Win again, here's the logs. Maybe something in the output ini is useful?

I'm happy to keep trying with different settings but i'm at a bit of a loss what to try

DynDOLOD_WIN.ini DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

2 hours ago, sheson said:

That's the right one.

Thank you so much for all the error checking in DynDOLOD. It felt like a real PITA at first, but I found 3 broken files (which were fixed by reinstalling) and a genuine bug in one of the DBM_* patches. When DynDOLOD crashes, it was everytime the fault of a faulty mod (or actually one that wasn't installed completely). It may be a good idea to tell users in the error message to try reinstalling the offending mod.

15 minutes ago, aragonit said:

Thank you so much for all the error checking in DynDOLOD. It felt like a real PITA at first, but I found 3 broken files (which were fixed by reinstalling) and a genuine bug in one of the DBM_* patches. When DynDOLOD crashes, it was everytime the fault of a faulty mod (or actually one that wasn't installed completely). It may be a good idea to tell users in the error message to try reinstalling the offending mod.

Which DBM patch? I'm wondering if I have that one, might be related to my crash...

32 minutes ago, DarthVitrial said:

Which DBM patch? I'm wondering if I have that one, might be related to my crash...

Error in DBM_ArtifactsofBoethiah_Patch.esp DBM_CheatCrateAOB "Artifacts of Boethiah Items" [CONT:FE1A2829]

The patch from last year didn't have this error. I reported it to the dev team of the LOTD patches.

But this didn't cause a crash.

Did you try reinstalling .NET? and of course, restarting your PC?

You are using seasons mods of some kind? Try removing them, they may be causing the problem

Edited by aragonit

1 hour ago, DarthVitrial said:

No luck with that version either, nor with changing back to the lodgen from 88.

Once again here's the latest argument out of range error from the .net framework:

Reveal hidden contents

Application: LODGenx64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.Optimize()
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.ToBSSubIndexTriShape(Boolean, Int32)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.CreateLODNodesSSE(LODGenerator.NiFile, LODGenerator.NifMain.NiNode, LODGenerator.QuadDesc, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<LODGenerator.ShapeDesc>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.DoLOD(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, Boolean)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.<GenerateLOD>b__85_0(LODGenerator.QuadDesc)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(System.Object)

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Int32, Int32, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<Int32>, System.Action`2<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Func`4<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Action`2<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Action`3<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,Int64>, System.Func`4<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`5<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,Int64,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.GenerateLOD(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<LODGenerator.StaticDesc>)
   at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(System.String[])

This time the failure was Tamriel_Win again, here's the logs. Maybe something in the output ini is useful?

I'm happy to keep trying with different settings but i'm at a bit of a loss what to try

DynDOLOD_WIN.ini 4.88 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 327.81 kB · 3 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt 472.64 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z 288.51 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt 20.67 kB · 2 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 36.65 kB · 2 downloads

With seasons fully disabled this works no issues whatsoever. Gonna try with atlas combining off next.

Error in DBM_ArtifactsofBoethiah_Patch.esp DBM_CheatCrateAOB "Artifacts of Boethiah Items" [CONT:FE1A2829]

The patch from last year didn't have this error. I reported it to the dev team of the LOTD patches.

But this didn't cause a crash.

Did you try reinstalling .NET? and of course, restarting your PC?

You are using seasons mods of some kind? Try removing them, they may be causing the problem

I don't use that patch, so that's not it.

You can't reinstall .net 4, it's built into windows 10/11 and cannot be changed. I did try running the .net framework repair tool though.

Edited by DarthVitrial

Alpha 88 is consistently making all of my LOD files purple. Alpha 87 worked like a charm. I have generated it with the same settings as alpha 87 as well. Here is my log and INI's. (I also cleared my cache when re-generating to be safe).

EDIT: Apon further inspection, it seems Textgen is the culprit.. Not sure what changed in-between 87 and 88 to cause it.

ScreenShot0.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt DynDOLOD.ini DynDOLOD_SSE.ini TexGen_SSE.INI

Edited by Zhunter5000
Clarified post (Again)