DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

I'm getting following error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Record [GMST:0100083E] in file Update.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0100083E] in file Point The Way.esp.

There is nothing in "Point The Way.esp" referring to that ID. I checked it in xEdit, the only 2 files are Update.esm and Dawnstar.

Edited by aragonit

1 hour ago, PRieST said:

Hey sheson,

I noticed something with the last generation regarding High Hrothgar LODs. It was with Alpha-87 and went through without any errors. It seems inside the .bto (Tamriel.4.12.-12) the HH tower LOD is missing (see the picture) or what could it be, that I see these structures floating in the air. I don't know at which version this didn't happen, but it is relatively new, this didn't happen in earlier versions. Ingame you can see these columns also floating (obviously).

Here are the logs: logs.zip

Picture from nifskope:

pts45kl6.png

The fullmodel/beeing close to these structures there are no floating columns or anything else.

Edit: Hm, maybe its cause is from JK's High Hrothgar, I'll try and check if there is anything weird.

Edit 2: Yes, this has to be it, looking at the HighHrothgarEntrance in CK there was a Marker Error shown, because only in the shipped .bsa is the 'XJKHHhighhrothgartower01.nif' present. Maybe the .bsa wasn't loaded correctly during LOD generation, too? My solution would be to unpack the .bsa and regenerate only this specific cell/bto again?px3xtdr9.png

For my loadorder I think these two corresponding records are FE09487C and FE09487D with XJKHHTower [STAT:FE09487B]. They don't get overwritten by anything.

Edit 3: Even after using Alpha-88 and just generating this chunk the towers are still missing in the .bto file.

Do I have to add rules for these to appear correctly?

For objects to have LOD a LOD asset needs to be installed/created in the load order or use mesh rules to set the full model for LOD.

The base record does not define LOD models / there is no LOD model that matches the full model filename.

See https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

41 minutes ago, aragonit said:

I'm getting following error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Record [GMST:0100083E] in file Update.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0100083E] in file Point The Way.esp.

There is nothing in "Point The Way.esp" referring to that ID. I checked it in xEdit, the only 2 files are Update.esm and Dawnstar.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

I have no such error message after installed Point The Way 2.0.6 from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/352

No idea what file "Dawnstar" refers to.

1 hour ago, Surtensoita said:

After deleting it and then re-running, none of the files were created again. These are the only two files that were generated, in case they're useful:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txt 25.76 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt 413.16 kB · 0 downloads

After trying the new .exe, same thing happened, but at least logs were generated back again:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 654.37 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txt 25.76 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 8.96 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt 413.16 kB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 35.85 kB · 1 download

The log and debug you are uploading seem to show DynDOLOD was started and then cancel was clicked.

Do not start the program again after there was an error, so the debug log is not being replaced.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

For objects to have LOD a LOD asset needs to be installed/created in the load order or use mesh rules to set the full model for LOD.

The base record does not define LOD models / there is no LOD model that matches the full model filename.

See https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

Thank you, I just created a LOD file for this specific tower and it worked right away. For calrification, as I just regenerated the .bto for Tamriel.4.12.-12 I could just replace the old file with this one?

18 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Thank you, I just created a LOD file for this specific tower and it worked right away. For calrification, as I just regenerated the .bto for Tamriel.4.12.-12 I could just replace the old file with this one?

If the content of the object LOD atlas texture changed, then there probably will be visuals issues.  You would need to update all BTO for the new atlas. You also should update LOD Level 8 and 16.

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

If the content of the object LOD atlas texture changed, then there probably will be visuals issues.  You would need to update all BTO for the new atlas. You also should update LOD Level 8 and 16.

Ok, will do, thanks again.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

The log and debug you are uploading seem to show DynDOLOD was started and then cancel was clicked.

Do not start the program again after there was an error, so the debug log is not being replaced.

Ah, my bad then. In that case, I'm not getting any logs but the same two as before with the new .exe either, and I tried adding realtimelog=1 to the .ini you mentioned (and later to DynDOLOD.ini because worth a shot I guess) and still no logs.

41 minutes ago, sheson said:

That was LODGenx64.exe from Alpha-87. Honestly, none of this makes any sense right now. 

Upload contents of ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\

oh, should I have cleared the Export folder each run?
I did clear it when I first updated to 88 since that was a clean install but I haven't since then.

https://mega.nz/file/J89mDBTD#DyDMEVf2bQeMtaJ4kQKYv7Ld_fb2cT-VckYom-hpKok

EDIT: Could it possible be because I updated from .Net 6.0.3 to 6.0.4? That's the only thing on my system that's changed.

Edited by DarthVitrial

17 hours ago, sheson said:

xLODGen can only overwrite grass LOD which is part of object LOD, if you generated object LOD with xLODGen. Use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD only.

Happy Little Trees Add-On - DynDOLOD 3 contains 3D tree LOD assets. If you do not install it, then ultra tree LOD will always use the billboards instead. If the intention is to only use billboards, then 3D tree LOD assets do not need to be installed.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD
"Billboard1 has 4 triangles per tree, while billboard 4 has 8 triangles per tree." 
This is negligibly if the game runs well above 60 FPS and has headroom or when using grass LOD.

If there is a problem generating LOD, carefully check the error message.

thanks. I genuinely don't understand then why the grass lod seemingly started working. It just all loaded in once when I was playing and then I noticed whiterun in the distance had grass lod. So does the 3d trees add on from happy little trees only work in conjunction with hd trees in texgen? Or can it still function without that selected? Should I disable it for performance boost if I use ultra trees without HD trees generated in texgen? Thank you for your patience. 

Edit: I should also correct myself earlier, I have 8 gb of ram, not 4 gb.

Edited by NBBEAST

9 hours ago, Surtensoita said:

Ah, my bad then. In that case, I'm not getting any logs but the same two as before with the new .exe either, and I tried adding realtimelog=1 to the .ini you mentioned (and later to DynDOLOD.ini because worth a shot I guess) and still no logs.

When you add a line realtimelog=1 under  [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini the there should be a DynDOLOD_SSE_realtime_log.txt in the log folder.

Also check the Windows event log.

You might want to update MO2 to the latest version.

9 hours ago, NBBEAST said:

thanks. I genuinely don't understand then why the grass lod seemingly started working. It just all loaded in once when I was playing and then I noticed whiterun in the distance had grass lod. So does the 3d trees add on from happy little trees only work in conjunction with hd trees in texgen? Or can it still function without that selected? Should I disable it for performance boost if I use ultra trees without HD trees generated in texgen? Thank you for your patience. 

Edit: I should also correct myself earlier, I have 8 gb of ram, not 4 gb.

As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD, ultra tree LOD means that LOD for trees is done is done in object LOD with billboards and optional 3D tree LOD models. HD billboards with Billboard4 are visually the best LOD billboard option. Always generate HD billboard if using ultra tree LOD. Obviously 3D tree LOD requires more resources than billboards. Billboard4 requires a bit more resources than Billboard1/2 but it is nothing compared to 3D tree LOD or especially grass LOD. 

53 minutes ago, sheson said:

When you add a line realtimelog=1 under  [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini the there should be a DynDOLOD_SSE_realtime_log.txt in the log folder.

Also check the Windows event log.

You might want to update MO2 to the latest version.

omg, updating mo2 actually made it work. I'm now ashamed to have made you lose your time with this, thank you VERY much for your help and the amazing tool you have created.

15 minutes ago, Surtensoita said:

omg, updating mo2 actually made it work. I'm now ashamed to have made you lose your time with this, thank you VERY much for your help and the amazing tool you have created.

No problem! It is such an obscure problem. So this is a good reminder to really check such details in the logs as well.