DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

50 minutes ago, nwn9 said:

Has any of you had your PC crashed as a result of texture or LOD generation? It happens every time I use DynDOLOD or DynDOLODx64.exe, while TexGen is able to sometimes successfully complete the task.

BSOD, PC freezing, crashing are a hardware, cooling, overclocking, BIOS settings, OS, driver problem.

MODs: Open City, JK skyrim + OC Patch, OC ELFX Patch, Dyndolod 3 Alpha 87

Followed the Dyndolod Open Cities Guide (made sure to disable esp + patches for OC on first run, then re-enable when generating dynamic dyndolod on second run) but have been getting this issue in Whiterun. (LOD is perfectly okay, but when loaded structure is missing massive chunk)

Tested on existing save and new save, same error.

ScreenShot698.jpg

8 hours ago, Generica said:

MODs: Open City, JK skyrim + OC Patch, OC ELFX Patch, Dyndolod 3 Alpha 87

Followed the Dyndolod Open Cities Guide (made sure to disable esp + patches for OC on first run, then re-enable when generating dynamic dyndolod on second run) but have been getting this issue in Whiterun. (LOD is perfectly okay, but when loaded structure is missing massive chunk)

Tested on existing save and new save, same error.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Follow the instructions how to properly generate LOD for Open Cities at https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Open-Cities-Skyrim

If the building shows with only the DynDOLOD plugins deactivated, open console to get its reference form id. Check in xEdit which is the last plugin to overwrite it.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Follow the instructions how to properly generate LOD for Open Cities at https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Open-Cities-Skyrim

If the building shows with only the DynDOLOD plugins deactivated, open console to get its reference form id. Check in xEdit which is the last plugin to overwrite it.

I followed the guide and regenerated my lods from a fresh run through. Issue still persists. Dyndolod is the last plugin on xEdit so no plugin overwrites its meshes.

Here's the log and debug files. Had to upload debug file on mega due to file size: https://mega.nz/file/UTRSmBSK#z4MYiCesrfROFHheCDJFD9P2dH9qitnE7wADeVvcKnc

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

34 minutes ago, Generica said:

I followed the guide and regenerated my lods from a fresh run through. Issue still persists. Dyndolod is the last plugin on xEdit so no plugin overwrites its meshes.

Here's the log and debug files. Had to upload debug file on mega due to file size: https://mega.nz/file/UTRSmBSK#z4MYiCesrfROFHheCDJFD9P2dH9qitnE7wADeVvcKnc

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.54 MB · 0 downloads

If the building shows with only the DynDOLOD plugins deactivated, open console to get its reference form id. Load the load order without DynDOLOD plugins into xEdit, to check which is the last plugin to overwrite it.

I need to know which plugin adds/modifies the reference that goes missing.

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

If the building shows with only the DynDOLOD plugins deactivated, open console to get its reference form id. Load the load order without DynDOLOD plugins into xEdit, to check which is the last plugin to overwrite it.

I need to know which plugin adds/modifies the reference that goes missing.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for? (Haven't used SSEdit much)

image.thumb.png.c8679b49fb1c3c9712edf78fe0695f6f.png

16 minutes ago, Generica said:

Not sure if this is what you are looking for? (Haven't used SSEdit much)

image.thumb.png.c8679b49fb1c3c9712edf78fe0695f6f.png

The screenshot shows the base record.

If you click an object with console  open, the game shows the reference form id.
If you use more informative console, that is the number behind Ref form ID.

It is most likly 0005D2BE. Look that one up. From the screenshot it seems only Open Cities Skyrim.esp changes it, which is what we would expect.

If not other plugin overwrites it after open Cities Skyrim.esp, then try this:

Deactivate DynDOLOD mod in the mod manager. Start DynDOLOD as you would for the second pass with Open Cities and patches.
Click one of the Low, Medium, High preset buttons to update the rules. Select rest of options as before and generate, then merge this new output with the existing output, overwrite all older files.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

The screenshot shows the base record.

If you click an object with console  open, the game shows the reference form id.
If you use more informative console, that is the number behind Ref form ID.

It is most likly 0005D2BE. Look that one up. From the screenshot it seems only Open Cities Skyrim.esp changes it, which is what we would expect.

If not other plugin overwrites it after open Cities Skyrim.esp, then try this:

Deactivate DynDOLOD mod in the mod manager. Start DynDOLOD as you would for the second pass with Open Cities and patches.
Click one of the Low, Medium, High preset buttons to update the rules. Select rest of options as before and generate, then merge this new output with the existing output, overwrite all older files.

Happy to report that updating the meshes to medium (since the first run through was done on medium) for the second run through seems to have solved this issue. Though I'm not sure if ticking 'upgrade NearGrid large references to Fargrid' had any affect (since that was the only other option I changed).

Did some further running around and came across some terrain issues. There are dips in geometry between the current cell the player is in and surrounding cells (flattens out when you get closer). It also stops grass from loading in until you are close to the edge of the bordering cell (happens anywhere on the map).

Attached the log, debug files on mega (https://mega.nz/file/8WAT1LJa#C4nMhvbuGWUbtMtqIk3bBdsaZQmkjM6by1X77FFH8oU)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Some of the textures in my object LOD atlas are 1/4 the size that they should be, with the rest of the space filled in with black (see attached image). What might be causing this? I haven't found anything in the docs or the logs that might indicate this kind of behavior. I am using DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 87

image.thumb.png.6962b526683dfce37eef04fd72e7cee3.png

5 hours ago, Generica said:

Did some further running around and came across some terrain issues. There are dips in geometry between the current cell the player is in and surrounding cells (flattens out when you get closer). It also stops grass from loading in until you are close to the edge of the bordering cell (happens anywhere on the map).

Attached the log, debug files on mega (https://mega.nz/file/8WAT1LJa#C4nMhvbuGWUbtMtqIk3bBdsaZQmkjM6by1X77FFH8oU)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.52 MB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD does not generate terrain LOD.  This is a bug of vanilla/Oscape terrain LOD. Use xLODGen terrain LOD beta with the protect cell border option.

3 hours ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Some of the textures in my object LOD atlas are 1/4 the size that they should be, with the rest of the space filled in with black (see attached image). What might be causing this? I haven't found anything in the docs or the logs that might indicate this kind of behavior. I am using DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 87

See the first post of the DyNDOLOD 3 alpha thread where to make post. I moved your post to the thread.

Post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

Also upload the atlas texture and ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt

45 minutes ago, sheson said:

See the first post of the DyNDOLOD 3 alpha thread where to make post. I moved your post to the thread.

Post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

Also upload the atlas texture and ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt

Here are the logs and texture atlas: https://ufile.io/f/j8q7h

1 hour ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Here are the logs and texture atlas: https://ufile.io/f/j8q7h

For some strange reason I can not download DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt, it is always empty. Unfortunately the debug log from the generation is already replaced.

Are the textures\lod\prop2d_com_elorav_woodenpole_drylod.dds, textures\lod\prop2d_com_elorav_woodenpole_wetlod.dds and whatever LOD textures look like this generated by TexGen?
E.g. are they part of the TexGen output? Check how they look there. If they look the same as on the atlas, then the TexGen config files for those textures need fixing.

If the textures are created by DynDOLOD adhoc, e.g. they show up in the DynDOLOD log just before the atlas texture is created, then we need a debug log that from that session. It is always overwritten with the last session when the program is closed, while the normal log is appended to.

If I can download "the mod" somewhere to check myself, let me know in a PM if needed.

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

For some strange reason I can not download DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt, it is always empty. Unfortunately the debug log from the generation is already replaced.

Are the textures\lod\prop2d_com_elorav_woodenpole_drylod.dds, textures\lod\prop2d_com_elorav_woodenpole_wetlod.dds and whatever LOD textures look like this generated by TexGen?
E.g. are the part of the TexGen output? Check how they log there. If they look the same the TexGen config files for those textures need fixing.

If the textures are created by DynDOLOD adhoc, e.g. they show up in the DynDOLOD log just before the atlas texture is created, then we need a debug log that from that session. It is always overwritten with the last session when the program is closed, while the normal log is appended to.

If I can download "the mod" somewhere to check myself, let me know in a PM if needed.

Ah I see. Here is the log from that session: https://ufile.io/3hlqb8ts

It's a bit of a mess at the moment, there are many outstanding warnings that I am in the process of fixing. Those wooden pole textures and env2d_chim_vivecwallplaster_decal_2x4lod.dds are the culprits. I only used TexGen for trees, these were done by DynDOLOD.