DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Lets assume for now that those grass LOD billboards missing is why you see less grass LOD being generated in the BTO.

Compare TexGen output ..\textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt of the two versions.

We would expect the same grass LOD billboards to be missing.

Then generate TexGen output with Alpha-87, see if they are still missing or not.

You are a GENIUS!!!! It works and i think that the result is even better than 3.65.

Thanks a lot!!!

May i just ask you what the "false" flag at the end of the line means (in textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt)? ==> 

Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp;00000800;Grass_MXGrass_Medium01
Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp;00000801;Grass_LongWindy_Green,False

Some lines have it, some don't.

Edited by vektor9999

1 hour ago, vektor9999 said:

You are a GENIUS!!!! It works and i think that the result is even better than 3.65.

Thanks a lot!!!

May i just ask you what the "false" flag at the end of the line means (in textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt)? ==> 

Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp;00000800;Grass_MXGrass_Medium01
Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp;00000801;Grass_LongWindy_Green,False

Some lines have it, some don't.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
"Whenever TexGen is used to generate tree/grass LOD billboards, it will also create text files ..\textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_[GAME MODE]_[Tree|Grass]_Billboards.txt which contain a list of all trees or grasses, regardless of any settings or failures. If the line ends in ',False' it means this tree or grass billboard was filtered out."

The changelog entry "TexGen.exe - fixed trimming opposite edge of billboard textures" from Alpha-87 is most likely what fixed it.

I'm having a bit of a hard time interpreting this message:

Warning: Base record type not STAT or MSTT for large reference Skyrim.esm [REFR:0002B0C0] (places HagravenHouse01 [STAT:000ACB04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SerpentsBluffRedoubtExterior02 [CELL:000099FC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -24,-2))

The message itself says that HagravenHouse01 is a STAT, but then it also says it's not a STAT? I'm not sure how to interpret that.  Sorry if this has been asked before, I checked the forum but didn't see any similar mentions.

16 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
"Whenever TexGen is used to generate tree/grass LOD billboards, it will also create text files ..\textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_[GAME MODE]_[Tree|Grass]_Billboards.txt which contain a list of all trees or grasses, regardless of any settings or failures. If the line ends in ',False' it means this tree or grass billboard was filtered out."

The changelog entry "TexGen.exe - fixed trimming opposite edge of billboard textures" from Alpha-87 is most likely what fixed it.

Ok, thanks a lot for this clarification

7 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

I'm having a bit of a hard time interpreting this message:

Warning: Base record type not STAT or MSTT for large reference Skyrim.esm [REFR:0002B0C0] (places HagravenHouse01 [STAT:000ACB04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SerpentsBluffRedoubtExterior02 [CELL:000099FC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -24,-2))

The message itself says that HagravenHouse01 is a STAT, but then it also says it's not a STAT? I'm not sure how to interpret that.  Sorry if this has been asked before, I checked the forum but didn't see any similar mentions.

Read the first post, which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Base-Record-Type-Not-STAT-or-MSTT-For-Large-Reference

Hello, I have some trouble with Dyndolod since I bought my new computer, with almost the exact same mod list (pretty close to vanilla), Dyndolod close during generating lod without any message or any logs. I used many times without trouble Dyndolod in the past, first time I have this issue.

Hope this is the right place to ask help.

Thanks !

Edited by MaarMalur

1 hour ago, MaarMalur said:

Hello, I have some trouble with Dyndolod since I bought my new computer, with almost the exact same mod list (pretty close to vanilla), Dyndolod close during generating lod without any message or any logs. I used many times without trouble Dyndolod in the past, first time I have this issue.

Hope this is the right place to ask help.

Thanks !

Check the Windows Event log.

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check the Windows Event log.

I ran Dyndolod (same issue happenned) and checked the Windows Event and nothing special sadly. I'll try to disable half of my mod and rerun Dyndo to see if it does the same.

33 minutes ago, MaarMalur said:

I ran Dyndolod (same issue happenned) and checked the Windows Event and nothing special sadly. I'll try to disable half of my mod and rerun Dyndo to see if it does the same.

If a program is terminated like that, it is not a simple error problem caused my mods. If there is not even a crash log recorded in the Windows Event log, then the OS/3rd party/driver/hardware issue seems likely. Especially if it happens at different times in the process. Set realtimelog=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, then check the debug log it has written to see how far it got.

If it is at time of high CPU in DynDOLOD + LODGens (open task manager to see CPU and memory usage), make sure cooling is sufficient, BIOS settings for CPU and memory are correct. Maybe test high load with the usual programs (Prime95 for example.)

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

If a program is terminated like that, it is not a simple error problem caused my mods. If there is not even a crash log recorded in the Windows Event log, then the OS/3rd party/driver/hardware issue seems likely. Especially if it happens at different times in the process. Set realtimelog=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, then check the debug log it has written to see how far it got.

If it is at time of high CPU in DynDOLOD + LODGens (open task manager to see CPU and memory usage), make sure cooling is sufficient, BIOS settings for CPU and memory are correct. Maybe test high load with the usual programs (Prime95 for example.)

Ok, I see. Unfortunately, I don't have the realtimelog line in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. I use the 3.0. My new setup is way more powerful than my older setup, this is strange if it's doesn't handle correctly DynDOLOD generation process. I will check my task manager next time I use it. Thanks for your help.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post, which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Base-Record-Type-Not-STAT-or-MSTT-For-Large-Reference

Yeah, what confused me is the base record is a STAT though.
I attached my log, I cannot upload my debug log because it's 50mb which is too large for my 400kbps internet to upload.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt

DynDOLOD_Summary_LargeReferenceBugs.html

Edited by DarthVitrial

1 hour ago, MaarMalur said:

Ok, I see. Unfortunately, I don't have the realtimelog line in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. I use the 3.0. My new setup is way more powerful than my older setup, this is strange if it's doesn't handle correctly DynDOLOD generation process. I will check my task manager next time I use it. Thanks for your help.

If a line in an INI file does not exist just add it.

1 hour ago, DarthVitrial said:

Yeah, what confused me is the base record is a STAT though.
I attached my log, I cannot upload my debug log because it's 50mb which is too large for my 400kbps internet to upload.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.55 MB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt 472.64 kB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD_Summary_LargeReferenceBugs.html 103.71 kB · 1 download

I suggest to read all log message listed in the summary and their explanations.

"The most likely cause is a plugin changing the reference to use a different base record. This can also be caused by base record swapping, maybe also for seasons."

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Base-Object-Swapper
Large reference bugs are triggered if the new base record type is changed from STAT or MSTT (a warning message Base Record Type Not STAT or MSTT For Large Reference is written to the message log) or in case the volume of the objects bounds of the new base record is smaller than the required minimum (this is automatically fixed by DynDOLOD).

The debug log should list the swap for the original base record when the swap/season INI is loaded.

• +1 1

Thanks, I found the cause:
[06:24] [BuildReferences] <Debug: Swapped [REFR:1D00AFB5] (places HagravenHouse01 [STAT:000ACB04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of GHCradelVillage00 [CELL:1D00AC32] (in zGHCradleWoodsWorld "Cradle Woods" [WRLD:1D00AA1A] at -2,2)) to Dynamic Things Alternative.esp dtaHagravenHouse01 "Tent" [FLOR:FE06F85D]>

I'll remove Dynamic Things Alternative and rebuild DyndoLod.

Hm, this is an odd one, while rebuilding I got an "Access violation at address 000000000002A1A8 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000 while processing Skyrim.esm [REFR:000AA0E4] (places MountainCliff03 [STAT:00027D1F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009736] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 31,-13))" error
I've zipped up all the logs including the normal dyndolod log and the debug log. Still a bit too big for here so I uploaded to mega.

https://mega.nz/file/kxcwzJTZ#A5fIu2rizJeFCZ38ZZ-sSaazhbzRNoSBcr9GAyva7yg

I'm on alpha 87.

EDIT: forgot the bugreport.txt, attached.

bugreport.txt

Edited by DarthVitrial