DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Is it normal the log give these errors?

Error: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds

I installed both RUGNAROK and RaiserFX Detailed Rugs and none has this normal texture. I think the system don't use it in the nif files but rather another normal texture.

Also DynDOLOD suggest to clean Skyrim Masters.

File Updates.esm come from Bethesda and is a low-level game system file and claiming to clean it with a tool like xEdit has no academic documentation.

16 hours ago, sheson said:

The OS is what controls resources. A simple program requests a resource from the OS, it may grant or deny it. Then the simple program deals with it. In this case DynDOLOD prints a error message and stops. If the OS freezes while doing its job, it has some kind of problem or is not a very well programmed OS.

8007000E Texconv ran out of memory. Same thing: a simple program requests memory from the OS. OS says no. Program chooses to stop with error message.

Without logs I can not really make further suggestions that could help to reduce memory usage of the tools.

It is possible there are huge grass cache files or some other problem with one causing LODGen to consume a lot of memory. Maybe its log provides clues (setting Verbose=1 for more info could help). Setting LODGenThreadSplit= to same number as virtual cores might help.

Ahhh, I see. This is why I'm not into computer sciences lol. I know just enough to be misinformed.

I'm still running into the issue but I've a theory...I'm doing this on an M.2 drive...it's nowhere near as good as ram but for generation purposes, what if I change my page file size to something silly? Fake it until you make it? lol. It's worth the experiment at least!

EDIT: Northern Grass just isn't working with Dyndolod 3.0 for me, with NGiO gass cache, tried other grass mods and they did. I may try an experiment later today because I had enabled Occlusion while generating Dyndolod for Open Cities in step 1 which is a variable I haven't accounted for. 

Editing the pagefile didn't help. Changing LODGenThreadSplit= didn't help either in this instance.

Edited by DankTemplar

Alpha 79 ... It's so fast on my system, I'm suspicious and requesting a quick review of my logs.

16.5 minutes with hi quality occlusion, underside, grass and all (see screen). Down from about 25-40 minutes in alpha 64-ish. TexGen took 1.5 minutes (down from about 15 minutes). xLODGen beta 90 took 8.5 minutes (down from about 14 minutes ... in beta 83?).

It looks legit, and if so, there must be some key programmatic and/or mesh-rule optimizations in this alpha. Stupendous.

https://mega.nz/file/iZNUiDJL#l5vU2bRrGpebGrClYEgCBtwVW6Ow6GlTrucMZDlWnSw

image.png

EDIT: I ran subsequently with occlusion quality 1 and all else remaining same, and it only took 11.5 minutes.

EDIT2: Well, something's up, because the output generated with this run doesn't behave as expected. Started a new game, and no DynDOLOD successfully initialized message after loading exterior cell. MCM is active, and DynDOLOD active toggle wasn't checked (that's a first), so I went back into Breezehome and checked it. Went back outdoors and still no loaded message and no LOD. I disabled my alpha 79 output and reenabled my alpha 78 output, loaded up as described, and all worked as expected, so it's an issue with the alpha 79 output.

EDIT3: This may have been related to an improperly sorted LO. The new LOOT version wasn't translating the sorted LO to MO all of the sudden (and no 'apply' button in LOOT). So I may have generated with a bad LO. I seemed to have fixed it by forcing LOOT to run as admin for all users. This forced me to have to launch MO with admin (which I don't like to do for various reasons). Then I sorted and got the 'apply' button again finally and it translated to MO. I then deactivated admin on LOOT.exe and ran MO normally, and everything is normal again. I am generating all LOD again from scratch. When I loaded up xLODGen after all of this tinkering, I got a launch error relating to the Steam launcher needing to be run (as in after a Steam update). Did that and running xLODGen and the works after that. Will report back when finished.

EDIT4: well, that wasn't the problem. Alpha 79 isn't generating useable LOD for me. Same behavior as described above. Plugins and data seem fine, but I can provide whatever else is needed. Updated logs follow, but i suspect they are same as previous.

https://mega.nz/file/3cVXXIya#S1Kjkr4jU0C1FZ6Q9IqnvDjSegp-iHLrtwH4zmRrAWA

EDIT5: I reenabled my Alpha 78 folder and ran with the exact same preset. All good. You may be able to compare the logs from this one against the last to possibly find the difference. Nothing changed between these runs besides the alpha version

https://mega.nz/file/GMUB2ApR#GKUl124zzScOGfCkdC8t8ZBGJL7xflvDNxZkfd181fU

On 3/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, sheson said:

What happened when you follow the second instructions for the error code "See https://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/windows/306" and follow what the website says?
That is what solved the problem for 2 people in the past couple days - as you must know after doing the search. 

Screenshots can not be searched.

If error persist after following the suggestion from  the website https://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/windows/306 linked from the help page https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen for the error code E0434352, execute the command from the error message:

"C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Test.txt" --logfile "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt"

from a command prompt window to see if it shows more information. Copy and paste the text from the command prompt window in that case.

If it fails because the LODGen_SSE_Test.txt is missing let me know.

Hi Sheson, do you happen to have any advice for someone who has tried the above fix and is still getting the performance counters error during DynDOLOD startup? I've tried solution 01 from the page you linked 3 times now and I'm still getting the error. I don't understand solution 02 so I haven't been able to do that. I see the ini file they're referring to but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm currently stuck on Alpha 75 while I try to sort this out.

10 hours ago, gamingsrc said:

Is it normal the log give these errors?

Error: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds

I installed both RUGNAROK and RaiserFX Detailed Rugs and none has this normal texture. I think the system don't use it in the nif files but rather another normal texture.

Also DynDOLOD suggest to clean Skyrim Masters.

File Updates.esm come from Bethesda and is a low-level game system file and claiming to clean it with a tool like xEdit has no academic documentation.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read the explanations for the message https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures
The message should list the NIF that uses the texture and the record that use the NIF.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference
There can be plugins in the load order that where made before the current version of Updates.esm. The foundation of a load order should be as stable and error free  as possible. I suggest to read the xEdit documentation and/or use its Discord for questions regarding the use of xEdit.
Undeleting records in dirty plugins is established modding practice to avoid CTD caused by them. DynDOLOD simply reports the problem, similar to LOOT. Clean every plugin that LOOT reports. Clean dirty plugins that have deleted records. It will be one of the first troubleshooting steps in case of CTD or other problems in the load order anyways. Reporting such issues in mods/plugins is to help users to better understand, identify and fix problems in their load orders instead of assuming issues happen because of the last tool they used or mod they added

1 hour ago, nolbear said:

Hi Sheson, do you happen to have any advice for someone who has tried the above fix and is still getting the performance counters error during DynDOLOD startup? I've tried solution 01 from the page you linked 3 times now and I'm still getting the error. I don't understand solution 02 so I haven't been able to do that. I see the ini file they're referring to but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm currently stuck on Alpha 75 while I try to sort this out.

Check/Upload the LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt file and check the event log.

10 hours ago, labdoge said:

Got the OpenGL: Source framebuffer incomplete attachment error when running dyndolod on generating Tamriel LODs. The log is as attachment. Please help.

PS. the debug log is too big so I link it from my cloud storage: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Je3xYdCnS-GZ-GmtyRYMXNMx0-zEJdGk/view?usp=sharing

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1005.21 kB · 2 downloads

This might be fixed next version. If not upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

5 hours ago, wWeo said:

Hey Sheson,

Always when running the DynDOLOD64.exe tool, I always get the "Item Not Found" error with no discernable cause. Just wondering what I need to do to fix this error. 

bugreport.txt: https://paste.ee/p/4Z8lU

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt: https://paste.ee/p/2VVTk

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.ee/p/QjZjx

This should be fixed in the next version. If not upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

10 hours ago, Roastlawyer said:

I'm still getting access violation issues, but using that test version I got a bugreport.txt

Reveal hidden contents

Debug Log: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jTDOvaYZLJpcSiQje3GURhqyvCdqd2cM?usp=sharing

bugreport.txt 38.61 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 34.81 kB · 0 downloads

Test with the next version. Should be fixed. If it still happens upload all new logs and bugreport.txt.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Finished my post. See final edit above:

The logs show that different settings where used, high/medium, Level 32 on/off etc. but in regards to dynamic LOD, things appear to be pretty much the same - none of that code that creates the dynamic LOD records/data was modified in recent versions.

If you have problems with dynamic LOD:

Test with a new game.
Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Main page for the last message.
Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Information page that plugins and data files have same bunch of numbers.
Check the papyrus log for messages from the SHSESON_DynDOLOD_* scripts.

Do not install the game into Program Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC, anitvir etc.

Greetings Sheson. First off, words cannot express how much you have done to revolutionize Skyrim nor how much your work is appreciated. DYNDOLOD really is a masterpiece. If I were born with Elon Musk's family fortune I would gladly name a satellite in your honor. Or a whole fleet of satellites! As it is I hope my heartfelt and sincere thanks are of some small value.

One question: In the Open Cities documentation you state that step 1 should only generate Object LOD and Tree LOD. A previous user asked if Occlusion data needs to be checked in both steps and I see you answered no, that it only needs to be generated in step 2. However, there are two other options that are available both when doing just Object/Tree LOD and just Dynamic LOD, which are Terrain underside and Glow windows.

So, my question is do Occlusion data, Terrain underside, and Glow windows ALL only need to be checked in step 2, or do any of them need to be enabled in step 1 also, when running the Open Cities install?

Thanks again times 3000!

Edited by Phinix

5 hours ago, sheson said:

This might be fixed next version. If not upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

This should be fixed in the next version. If not upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

Test with the next version. Should be fixed. If it still happens upload all new logs and bugreport.txt.

Alright, I ran Alpha 80 for my minimal test modlist that was getting access violation errors before and that's fixed now, so that worked. Everything completed successfully on that minimal list.

After that worked I went back to run TexGen and DynDOLOD on my full modlist and got "Error: Range check error." in DynDOLOD.

Copied to clipboard:

Spoiler

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Range check error.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

bugreport.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

39 minutes ago, Phinix said:

Greetings Sheson. First off, words cannot express how much you have done to revolutionize Skyrim nor how much your work is appreciated. DYNDOLOD really is a masterpiece. If I were born with Elon Musk's family fortune I would gladly name a satellite in your honor. Or a whole fleet of satellites! As it is I hope my heartfelt and sincere thanks are of some small value.

One question: In the Open Cities documentation you state that step 1 should only generate Object LOD and Tree LOD. A previous user asked if Occlusion data needs to be checked in both steps and I see you answered no, that it only needs to be generated in step 2. However, there are two other options that are available both when doing just Object/Tree LOD and just Dynamic LOD, which are Terrain underside and Glow windows.

So, my question is do Occlusion data, Terrain underside, and Glow windows ALL only need to be checked in step 2, or do any of them need to be enabled in step 1 also, when running the Open Cities install?

Thanks again times 3000!

Terrain underside needs to be done in the second pass.

If you do Glow LOD Windows High, do them in second pass only. If they are not high do them in the first pass only.

37 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

Alright, I ran Alpha 80 for my minimal test modlist that was getting access violation errors before and that's fixed now, so that worked. Everything completed successfully on that minimal list.

After that worked I went back to run TexGen and DynDOLOD on my full modlist and got "Error: Range check error." in DynDOLOD.

Copied to clipboard:

Reveal hidden contents

bugreport.txt 32.54 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 620.86 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 34.03 kB · 0 downloads

Can you also upload seasons\blacklist_roastmodularwhiterun_wrcastlestairs01_snow.ini?

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

Terrain underside needs to be done in the second pass.

If you do Glow LOD Windows High, do them in second pass only. If they are not high do them in the first pass only.

Perfect, thanks very much for the quick reply!