DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

16 minutes ago, Viscerous said:

I also got the "Item not found" error consistently on Alpha 42, I purged the DynDOLOD Standalone folder entirely and used the clean 42 files and then it ran fine. I previously copied it over 39 so there must've been something left in there.

Yes, that is why following the installations say:
Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.

After upgrading from 0.39 to 0.42 Dyndolod seems to not work correctly. I installed No Grass in Objects V8 last night and everything works fine with it but I ran
Texgen and Dyndolod after that. Terrain looks blurry. Mountains look black / don't load correctly. So all in all after all the alpha versions this one seems not to work. Can't revert to the older one, because I don't have it on my pc right now. 

What logs should I post so maybe anyone could help me out or even better find the issue?

6 hours ago, Viscerous said:

I also got the "Item not found" error consistently on Alpha 42, I purged the DynDOLOD Standalone folder entirely and used the clean 42 files and then it ran fine. I previously copied it over 39 so there must've been something left in there.

I believe it is the old 'default' preset INI that causes this issue. Whenever you run DynDLOD, the settings used are autosaved as the 'default' preset INI (this is how the app remembers previous settings from run to run), so with old mesh rules and other settings trying to load where they don't apply can cuase this or similar issues, I think.

I think this because I retain all valid INI edits using WinMerge for all applicable INI files whenever I upgrade to the next Alpha, so I must delete or upgrade all presets to avoid the problem.

26 minutes ago, Alaak said:

Hm. With the newest Alpha-42 I get the error message:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrslatefloor01_n.dds to C:\Modding\DynDOLOD3\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrslatefloor01_n.dds Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

[Content]

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

That file is definitely present (it is for example part of Pfuscher 2020 and Noble Skyrim). I am using MO2 and assume that the MO2 Magic provides the file correctly to TexGen, which it was doing on all previous runs. I had no problems with this setup with Alpha-11 (which I had used previously). Any advice on how to proceed? Can I give you any helpful information about this error?

See OP and previous posts on how to upgrade from previous versions. Overwriting contents requires extra work. it's recommended to install into a clean directory.

13 minutes ago, z929669 said:

See OP and previous posts on how to upgrade from previous versions. Overwriting contents requires extra work. it's recommended to install into a clean directory.

Hm. I already had made that error back when I upgraded to Alpha-11. So this time I deleted the whole DynDOLOD_3 directory and added all the Alpha-42 files to the empty directory. So this should not be the issue. I even did it twice, since I was not sure whether I really did it the first time, but the error persists.

Thank you sheson.
I tried it again but got the same exact error "Item not found".
Weirdly enough i just installed dyndolod in a new directory. Still 
"Item not found"
Tested it again today, still the same message.I tested all my drives. New Folder, new location everything. Of course I deleted the whole folder and unpacked a new one.
Why is this happening?

On 9/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, dashr said:

Thank you sheson.
I tried it again but got the same exact error "Item not found".
Weirdly enough i just installed dyndolod in a new directory. Still 
"Item not found"
Tested it again today, still the same message.I tested all my drives. New Folder, new location everything. Of course I deleted the whole folder and unpacked a new one.
Why is this happening?

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Errors.html
"Item not found or Duplicates not allowed errors are a problem with the tools encountering unexpected situations that need to be reported as explained below."

Read the first post, which also explains which log files to upload when making reports.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:29 PM, dashr said:

After upgrading from 0.39 to 0.42 Dyndolod seems to not work correctly. I installed No Grass in Objects V8 last night and everything works fine with it but I ran
Texgen and Dyndolod after that. Terrain looks blurry. Mountains look black / don't load correctly. So all in all after all the alpha versions this one seems not to work. Can't revert to the older one, because I don't have it on my pc right now. 

What logs should I post so maybe anyone could help me out or even better find the issue?

The LOD generation process and the generated LOD files are still the same.

DynDOLOD does not affect terrain LOD meshes or textures.

Doublecheck/increase the LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM, in the launcher or with BethINI.

47 minutes ago, Alaak said:

Well. It seems the solution was "Turning it off and on again." (TM) I deactivated all plugins in MO2 and reactivated it and then TexGen ran through. I have no explanation why this works. o.O

It could have been due to MO needing a refresh. this should happen whenever any action is done in MO, but if you have a mod like TexGen Output active but it is empty and you paste output in it, MO is not aware until it reads it again. unticking/ticking again does this, but you can also use F5 to refresh whenever you want to be sure the last action is resolved in MO.

42 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It could have been due to MO needing a refresh. this should happen whenever any action is done in MO, but if you have a mod like TexGen Output active but it is empty and you paste output in it, MO is not aware until it reads it again. unticking/ticking again does this, but you can also use F5 to refresh whenever you want to be sure the last action is resolved in MO.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll remember that for the next time. After a short walk around ingame I am pretty happy with the outcome. Looks amazing. Thanks for the great work.

• Thanks 1