DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Do what the message says: "Check the file G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt for additional information."

You didn't upload that log file.

If it doesn't say anything concrete check the windows event log.

You might need to update/reinstall/repair .Net Framework to the latest version
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework

Not sure how I skipped the test file... here it is.  https://ufile.io/5lcjens0  I updated the .Net Framework but same result.  I'll check the window event log once I figure out how to do that...

Thanks again.

edit: the Windows Event viewer did in fact return... something.  I have no idea what it's telling me but it looks quite serious.  I can't even post what it's saying on here because I don't actually know what I would be posting.  It doesn't look like this is a Dyndolod issue though.  Looks like it's time to learn a new thing...

Edited by BrotherShamus

On 3/6/2022 at 11:10 PM, Thaumatarge said:

I have encountered an "OpenGL: Out of Memory" error, one that has never happened before. I encountered this error in Alpha 77, prior to this I used Alpha 74. I have only ran into this error after I reduced the quality of the LODs, as prior to reducing the quality, I didn't run in to an "error" I ran in to my computer practically crashing. I assume there might be a memory leak with LODGEN? I will happily provide any logs necessary, but I do not know how useful they would be.

Read the first which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload when making post.

Explain what "reduced the quality of the LOD" and "computer practically crashing" means.
Also it sounds it does not happen if the "quality of the LOD" is not reduced.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:10 AM, BrotherShamus said:

Not sure how I skipped the test file... here it is.  https://ufile.io/5lcjens0  I updated the .Net Framework but same result.  I'll check the window event log once I figure out how to do that...

Thanks again.

edit: the Windows Event viewer did in fact return... something.  I have no idea what it's telling me but it looks quite serious.  I can't even post what it's saying on here because I don't actually know what I would be posting.  It doesn't look like this is a Dyndolod issue though.  Looks like it's time to learn a new thing...

Nothing in the log message it self, so research whatever the event log message tells you.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:09 AM, real_autist said:

I have a problem with DynDOLOD. It says that I didn't generate TexGen. Help please

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 642.25 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 337.88 kB · 0 downloads

Install the output generated by TexGen as a mod, activate  it and make sure non of its files are being overwritten.

Just wanted to report that with the latest update (Alpha-77) all the Enderal trees/trunks as statics with added Has Tree LOD flag (and required bounds/volume) are now picked up by TexGen properly. Thanks a lot! Just for reference, one of these was _00E_TropicalTree_Trunk01 [STAT:000880FA] for example.

Edited by Phlunder

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

Stitched object LOD generation uses textures only.

Without all mods/plugins active it may not generate or update all stitched textures.  It won't solve the real issue, however.

Install the output generated by TexGen as a mod, activate  it and make sure non of its files are being overwritten.

Still the same outcome

image.png

image.png

33 minutes ago, real_autist said:

Still the same outcome

image.png

That does not show the content of the mod "TexGen Output". Is its top folder "textures" and is there a subfolder textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\? Does that contain 3 files?

Read the first post which debug logs to upload.

Use "Copy message to clipboard" to copy/paste the text of messages.

1 hour ago, real_autist said:

Fixed it thanks, now I have a new problem https://pastebin.com/tFZDFnpa . I cannot copy whole debug because the pastebin crashes every time.

Use the x64 version.

If problem persists, use a file service as explained on the first post. Consider zipping the log files before uploading.

Upload the log of the last meaningful session, the entire debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) as explained on the first post.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload when making post.

Explain what "reduced the quality of the LOD" and "computer practically crashing" means.
Also it sounds it does not happen if the "quality of the LOD" is not reduced.

I would post bugreport.txt if there was any, I do not want to risk running the software again when it causes my computer to freeze up and my screen to go black despite the fact it has never done that when I used Alpha 74 and prior. The "Quality" is the Tile size, which when reduced is supposed to use less resources, and it took longer for it to reach the point where the screen goes black and applications crash in the background, so I genuinely believe there is something going on with the memory usage of the software where it leaks! I have 16GB of RAM, I don't think that's not enough, especially when again, any version prior to the latest one (Alpha 77) hasn't caused me any trouble like this! If you insist that I post logs for a problem like this, then I will try to run the software again until it spits out an error of some kind, but I am scared of the prospect that it will somehow harm my computer in the process!

EDIT: I also use the 64 bit version of the software, didn't try the other one as I have 64 bit Windows and more than 4GB of RAM.

Edited by Thaumatarge
I missed an important fact.

15 minutes ago, Thaumatarge said:

I would post bugreport.txt if there was any, I do not want to risk running the software again when it causes my computer to freeze up and my screen to go black despite the fact it has never done that when I used Alpha 74 and prior. The "Quality" is the Tile size, which when reduced is supposed to use less resources, and it took longer for it to reach the point where the screen goes black and applications crash in the background, so I genuinely believe there is something going on with the memory usage of the software where it leaks! I have 16GB of RAM, I don't think that's not enough, especially when again, any version prior to the latest one (Alpha 77) hasn't caused me any trouble like this! If you insist that I post logs for a problem like this, then I will try to run the software again until it spits out an error of some kind, but I am scared of the prospect that it will somehow harm my computer in the process!

EDIT: I also use the 64 bit version of the software, didn't try the other one as I have 64 bit Windows and more than 4GB of RAM.

BSOD or anything similar are hardware, BIOS Setting, OS or driver problems.

Have you actually tracked main or video memory usage?

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

BSOD or anything similar are hardware, BIOS Setting, OS or driver problems.

Have you actually tracked main or video memory usage?

I have tried to track memory, but I have not looked in to video stuff, I will do some tests later, but what is surprising to me is that it is only happening in the more recent version... Is Alpha 74 compatible with resources alpha 22?

Edit: The main RAM usage just has the software eat ALL of the RAM really really quicky.

Edited by Thaumatarge
more info

39 minutes ago, Thaumatarge said:

I have tried to track memory, but I have not looked in to video stuff, I will do some tests later, but what is surprising to me is that it is only happening in the more recent version... Is Alpha 74 compatible with resources alpha 22?

Edit: The main RAM usage just has the software eat ALL of the RAM really really quicky.

TexGenx64 from Alpha-77 peaks at 2GB main memory with all generation options checked and default 256 resolution settings.

Do you have any 4k, 8k or 16k full textures for anything?

Upload the log from the last session, the entire debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

texgenmemory.png

TexGen does not uses or require DynDOLOD Resources.

People reported problems caused by 3rd party crapware that installs in addition to graphics drivers before.

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

TexGenx64 from Alpha-77 peaks at 2GB main memory with all generation options checked and default 256 resolution settings.

Do you have any 4k, 8k or 16k full textures for anything?

Upload the log from the last session, the entire debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

texgenmemory.png

TexGen does not uses or require DynDOLOD Resources.

People reported problems caused by 3rd party crapware that installs in addition to graphics drivers before.

TexGen isn't giving me issues, it's when I run DynDOLOD. I will have to try to generate stuff again because loading the software to check what I meant by quality cleared the debug log.

10 minutes ago, Thaumatarge said:

TexGen isn't giving me issues, it's when I run DynDOLOD. I will have to try to generate stuff again because loading the software to check what I meant by quality cleared the debug log.

Upload the entire log from the last session of interest, the entire debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists so I do not have make assumptions.